Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Not sure I like Joanna either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

She saying he never brought it up but I feel like I remember him bringing something up before she got piss and walked away by saying I'm going to the bathroom

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Music is just class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hococop wrote: »
    She saying he never brought it up but I feel like I remember him bringing something up before she got piss and walked away by saying I'm going to the bathroom

Plenty of times she waved his opinion off, with a smile but that's just a defence mechanism :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The episodes are just not long enough. I would 100% watch it 24/7 if I could! :D

• Advertisement

Curtis staring longingly into space in the fade out.

Most wooden actor in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am struggling to believe the Amy Curtis drama. It is all a bit Mike Baldwin and Deirdre Barlow if you ask me.

I schmelllll a RAT in the script. Too much drama = it couldn't be true = if something is too good to be true it usually isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Amber and Michael are both in the wrong. Probably actually deserve eachother.

Curtis needs to cop on and just cut ties with Amy.

People expected Amber and Amy to make a show of themselves tonight, but it was Michael who was most vicious and nasty.

People expected Amber and Amy to make a show of themselves tonight, but it was Michael who was most vicious and nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I’ll probably get slated for this but I don’t think Amber calling Joanna a dead ting was that bad.

She’s only 21 and she just got mugged off on international telly, in the heat of the moment I could see myself doing similar at that age and not meaning it. It’s Michael she’s cross with, not Joanna.

If I was Joanna and I just stole someone’s man I wouldn’t hold it against them if a they called me a few names. Yes it’s childish and uncalled for but Amber isn’t made of stone. We all say things we don’t mean when we’re angry.
    I think she can be forgiven for it. It’s not like she called her a c*nt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

KatW4 wrote: »
    The episodes are just not long enough. I would 100% watch it 24/7 if I could! :D

Friends back home caught up on it within 3 days because the German version doesn't start for another few weeks and they both are ecstatic.

anewme wrote: »

I'd say he had enough of being on the defensive, anything he was saying was being shot down and then loud mouth Anna with her repetition style of talking was the straw that broke the camels back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Ehhh how may dates technically is that in real life in comparison bloody right you could feel strong feelings particularly if you are inexperienced it would be even more intense she might feel she is "in love" so I think v harsh to think or judge otherwise you're not there. From all previous reality tv shows being in there 24 hrs they say feels like a week how long is she there now. She may look back and think wtf but right now she looks very upset and hurt.

Nah , it's all a bit teenage summer camp for me.

You would more likely be getting your head wrecked/melted from the people around you than actually developing sincere romantic bonds with them.

I still don't know how they sleep in the same room with each other... between the farts and the snoring etc , manckfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭PressRun

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'd say he had enough of being on the defensive, anything he was saying was being shot down and then loud mouth Anna with her repetition style of talking was the straw that broke the camels back.

Nah, he was looking for a row and was trying to get a rise out of Amber. It backfired on him. For a fella who loves calling everyone in sight childish, he was throwing a fair strop himself

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I’ll probably get slated for this but I don’t think Amber calling Joanna a dead ting was that bad.

She’s only 21 and she just got mugged off on international telly, in the heat of the moment I could see myself doing similar at that age and not meaning it. It’s Michael she’s cross with, not Joanna.

If I was Joanna and I just stole someone’s man I wouldn’t hold it against them if a they called me a few names. Yes it’s childish and uncalled for but Amber isn’t made of stone. We all say things we don’t mean when we’re angry.
    I think she can be forgiven for it. It’s not like she called her a c*nt.

Easier to make excuses for her than for him.

Theres a side to her that I dont like, childish as Joanna even saw.
    I reckon if a fella in Casa took her fancy she would have walked back in with him. It's just a pity no one took her fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

LirW wrote: »
    Friends back home caught up on it within 3 days because the German version doesn't start for another few weeks and they both are ecstatic.

Ooh I'd say the German version is gooood!

Are they showing the Australian version this year like last year?

PressRun wrote: »
    Nah, he was looking for a row and was trying to get a rise out of Amber. It backfired on him. For a fella who loves calling everyone in sight childish, he was throwing a fair strop himself

Anna came looking for him though.
    It will be interesting to see how the girls get on.

PressRun wrote: »

Anna came looking for him though.
    It will be interesting to see how the girls get on.

I wouldnt entertain Joanna if I were Amber. Id be polite and non committal.

Theres just nothing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

George is playing a blinder tonight......... Nooottttttt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Easier to make excuses for her than for him.

Theres a side to her that I dont like, childish as Joanna even saw.
    I reckon if a fella in Casa took her fancy she would have walked back in with him. It's just a pity no one took her fancy.

There’s a side to her I don’t like too but I think she couldn’t have handled that any better.
    Michael disgraced himself by being overly hostile and it backfired on him. He was nasty and vicious.

Joanna will agree with whatever Michael says and thinks, he’s her meal ticket so I wouldn’t hold much weight in her opinion on Amber.

She isn’t made of stone. She could have said and did a lot worse. Michael did a lot more name calling than she did.

How on earth has Ana managed to get away with it.

People may be afraid or not arsed to get involved with her but other than three lads pointing out how she's a bit hypocritical she's got away scot free in the villa and is somehow the rallying call for the girls who were hurt.

It's just gas. Calling Curtis and Michael fake and how you can't trust them, they've shown their true colours and all this while she walked in with a new lad and left Jordan standing on his tod. Even after he said he'd have her back in the villa.

Not only that but it's clear she's still keeping him open as an option and more than happy to play the two lads a bit.

I already didn't like her, haven't really at many points but I have to acknowledge a good player. The support she has on Twitter is mind boggling.

anewme wrote: »
    I wouldnt entertain Joanna if I were Amber. Id be polite and non committal.

Theres just nothing to say.

It's hardly her fault though. Amber has made her feelings about her known though. Outside of the Dead Ting- whatever that means- she was saying Joanna has nothing on her.
    Be gas if they actually got on !

There’s a side to her I don’t like too but I think she couldn’t have handled that any better.
    Michael disgraced himself by being overly hostile and it backfired on him. He was nasty and vicious.

Joanna will agree with whatever Michael says and thinks, he’s her meal ticket so I wouldn’t hold much weight in her opinion on Amber.

She isn’t made of stone. She could have said and did a lot worse. Michael did a lot more name calling than she did.

I think Anber was cute. Following her chat with him she got all upset in front of Anna, cue Anna having a cut off Michael.

Definitely agree that Michael handled it awfully. Don't think Amber handled it as well as most people praising her, just my opinion, but I've been critical of how patronising she can be. It's the sort of person who can easily wind you up. Using the defence that she could have done it a lot worse doesn't work for me. Jordan handled it all with maturity I'll give him that at least.

As for the whole Joanna will agree with Michael thing, you're right about not holding too much weight in her opinion but what about our own? I'd definitely find Amber childish. People forget how disliked she was for her behaviour before coupling up with Michael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I can see why Michael is frustrated and lost the head there but he had plenty chats with Amber, one especially where she went to walk away, he said don’t do that and then she said she’s going to the loo, so she could still walk away. Even when he was talking to her there she made no eye contact and dismissed everything. You really could see the realisation over the 4 days he’s happier without her.

The guys are awful saps, Jordan did well but he’d be a mug to let Anna back in, Danny and Anton are the only two with a pair of balls on them.

Curtis is an awful eejit, I get him stalling the breaks but now he’s acting the mog chasing her around and shouting apologies at her. Playing up to the cameras too.

It’s awful that Amy’s almost love declaration coincided with this but she went super intense, super quick. I’m not buying into the fact they’re living in each pockets, if anything that would give you pause to not jump in 2 footed.

The less said about Anna the better, she’s gone from chasing Anton and getting in a huff when he hadn’t no interest to now having two lads and thinking she’s the cat that got the cream.

I think Anber was cute. Following her chat with him she got all upset in front of Anna, cue Anna having a cut off Michael.

She also went over to Ovie to pretend she didn’t want him to go over to the argument but really she did. Ovie handled it well in fairness.

Nice sneer by Amy towards JourDAN too. The girl hasn’t done anything wrong, she shot Curtis down.

Amy is going to be Camilla Mark II. Curtis will fit the Jonny role, money on him shifting an ex villa mate in a club by the end of the summer.

razorblunt wrote: »
    She also went over to Ovie to pretend she didn’t want him to go over to the argument but really she did. Ovie handled it well in fairness.

Saw that, happy to let others fight her battle. Ovie stayed away, fair play.

• Advertisement

first thing first, amber is smoking hot ( should call her ember, plus she's fiery!!) done up with an amazing arse and chest but she's a horrible person and actually got the guy she deserved. she got treated as badly as she treated that lad the night he blanked ewande.. it will give her food for thought that she can chew on for a while, she'll have to re-think how she smirks, waves and curls her lip dismissively when she likes a guy..if not, it's hotel michael and a suite for two for the rest of her days, end of story.

and sure he looks like peter andre's ugly cousin on steroids FFS

Anna, how the actual fook has this ulgy equine Imhotep head on her looking thing, managed to not get challenged... the fact nobody called her on what she did shows how stupid the lads are..what a free get of jail card that is...it beggers belief really and when she sought an audience with michael, he shuda just said eh later there Mister ED!!! grab a bag of oats and I'll get down to you shortly.

No comment on curtis etc, just very made in chelsea-esque.. thought it was scripted...

fook me that lucy one is savage..her body is as mesmerizing as antons ability to take rejection... I see them two winning....

Advertisement