Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ovie is going to make a play for Amber, isn’t he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

razorblunt wrote: »

That would be glorious haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Picked a good night to forget to record on the digi box....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭PressRun

I think so. The Ovie/Anna/Jordan triangle is really contrived. Anna to go back to Jordan, Amber and Ovie to get together.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Anna came looking for him though.
    It will be interesting to see how the girls get on.

She went looking for him after he'd already went looking for Amber and had a hostile conversation with her, accusing her of raising her voice when she wasn't at all, etc. He wanted Amber to go off so he could then act high and mighty and say I told you so. The guy is an eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

PressRun wrote: »
    She went looking for him after he'd already went looking for Amber and had a hostile conversation with her, accusing her of raising her voice when she wasn't at all, etc. He wanted Amber to go off so he could then act high and mighty and say I told you so. The guy is an eejit.

He had the chat with Amber- didnt go well , Amber then got emotional on the bed leading to Anna going over. Amber is cute out getting others involved like that. It had Jack to do with Anna.
    Both Amber and Anna are hard to have a serious/confrontational conversation with. Anna gets loud and mad while Amber might need to go to the loo.
    Great TV but two head wreckers.
    He came out of it badly and I reckon the lads will have a chat with him.
    Think he will be quiet for a few days. Anna switching, Amber taking Anna's fella and Curtis crying over being a dweeb should be tomorrows offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I have to say I do agree with you when it comes to Michael, I think he's been genuine and honest about his relationship with Amber. However I don't believe for a second that Curtis is genuine, and I fully believe that he's realised that his relationship with Amy isn't the cash cow that he originally thought it was, so he's tried to move on but still perceive himself as a "nice guy".

The fact that Michael was in a "top 3" couple and has thrown it all away for someone else shows that the prize is secondary to him to finding love.

I wonder did any of the casa amour girls tell him that public likes him and Amy at start but then it turned another way? So then he made his move and was turned down so is now trying to get back with Amy as he's just afraid if not being coupled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Curtis and Michael came out of that pretty badly.

Not even sure Joanna is into Michael at all. But at least he temporarily got his girl. Curtis made an awful balls of everything. For a guy who spent the last four weeks giving advice to all and sundry about their relationships, he should've been slightly more sure that the other girl was even a tiny bit into him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Still Ill wrote: »
    Curtis and Michael came out of that pretty badly.

Not even sure Joanna is into Michael at all. But at least he temporarily got his girl. Curtis made an awful balls of everything. For a guy who spent the last four weeks giving advice to all and sundry about their relationships, he should've been slightly more sure that the other girl was even a tiny bit into him.

They sure did, especially Curtis- he actually could not have messed it up more. She's a bit of a melanie of times but I hope she sticks to her guns and tells him to jog on. Thought she looked really well tonight.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    He had the chat with Amber- didnt go well , Amber then got emotional on the bed leading to Anna going over. Amber is cute out getting others involved like that. It had Jack to do with Anna.
    Both Amber and Anna are hard to have a serious/confrontational conversation with. Anna gets loud and mad while Amber might need to go to the loo.
    Great TV but two head wreckers.
    He came out of it badly and I reckon the lads will have a chat with him.
    Think he will be quiet for a few days. Anna switching, Amber taking Anna's fella and Curtis crying over being a dweeb should be tomorrows offering.

I feel like Anna would have gotten involved anyway. The two of them have been backing each other since the beginning. They seem to fight a lot of their battles together. Suggesting that it was some master stroke on Amber's part to get Anna involved doesn't seem right when Anna would hardly need any encouragement in the first place.
    Plus there seemed to be plenty of drink on board, so words were likely to be exchanged at some point anyway.
    Michael is as much of a head wrecker as anyone, but in a way he's worse because he likes to pretend he's above it. He's an insecure man who thinks he's a cut above everyone in there. As I said, the man is nearly 30, and he's trying to goad a 21 year old into a fight with him, while in the same breath calling everyone around him "childish" every 2 minutes. Not to mention, accusing Amber of shouting when she was speaking in normal tones was very bizarre. It was like he was so keen for her to start shouting that he just believed that she was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm obviously not down with the kids.
    What does a dead ting actually mean?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Can’t see how Michael handled that badly. As he spoke Amber was proving his point. It’s nothing to do with her age, she’s just not a nice person. She thinks she’s better than everyone. Who would want that?
    Michael was spot on in telling her that he had tried to resolve issues before but she walks off. He could have stuck it out with her but isn’t willing to lie down and play the game. That’s what makes good tv. Unlike Curtis, who must’ve thought he wasn’t getting much tv time so is looking to set a new record for most time spent not blinking.

Anna (whose new accent makes her sound like Stormzy) said something like I didn’t know, whatever, when Caroline questioned her on leaving Jordan. Her face is now starting to grate me.

Also don’t know why Maura is such a big Amber fan. When she and Alma came in, Amber and “I got yo back girl” Anna were leading the balcony bitching, plus she ignored them like she did today with Joanna. Another thing Michael pulled her up on, and she again turned on him for doing so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

mod: cleared troll's posts and replies thereof; in future, please do not feed the (obvious) trolls. Simply report them and let the mods sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think its quite obvious Curtis simply isn't in to Amy,

His head wasn't turned , he just wants out, he knew your one wanted to pair with Danny and just used her as his excuse,

Personally form day one I think he was playing a game ,

If past years have thought us anything it's if you pick the most normal looking girl down to earth girl and your in with a chance of winning ,

I reckon he realised how much Amy likes him and thought **** I need to knock this on the head before it goes to far,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Michael could have handled it better... he's right, Amber is a child and full of her own importance.. but he went on the attack instead of making it easier on himself. He could have just said, look, I'm happier with Joanna. I fancy her more.... and that it gives Amber the chance to find 'her type'. Yes he could then talk about how he felt he couldn't be himself around her at some point but the go nuclear straight away did not work.

Curtis... jeez. He did let it go too far, don't think he was ever into the longterm idea with Amy at all, the poor girl. He thought they had a chance of winning and when it became clear the public were not fans of them.

Anna... jaysus. Run for the hills Ovie or over to Lucie with you!!. Robotron has no chance there. What was Lucie doing picking him for chrissakes, bring in someone with a pulse at least.

Gwan Maura!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭unichick

Picked a good night to forget to record on the digi box....

Much to my surprise episodes are on the virgin media player! If you want to see it delayed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I was completely with Michael on his decision but he handled it very very poorly.

Ambaaaaa was right, he didn’t even say he was sorry, he owed her that at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,854 ✭✭✭✭klose

Micheal was vindicated to an extent with how Amber reacted but he did handle it poorly in the end like most have said.
    Curtis, jesus where do you start? Absolute train wreck of a week for him.
    Anna has quickly become by far my least favourite person there, big child and a hypocrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It’s unfair the way people are turning in Curtis. He has been one of the most genuine housemates from the start, there was a spark between him and Amy then, but she has gone so downhill over the weeks both physically and personality wise, he just finally realized it was time to abandon ship. I hope he just ends it completely tonight instead of trying to start over. One of my favorite moments of this series is when Tom made the comment about Maura before going to the hideaway, and Curtis told him to just blame everything on us!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

That would be sublime.

Especially if Jordan didn't " re-recouple" with Anna.

I can't help feel that Joanna is full of shít however. She played a risky game going for Michael, but she scored. She is foxy enough, much more attractive than Ambaaa.

Joanna has her heels in now, she could easily have a go for Jordan, Ovie or even Curtis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It’s unfair the way people are turning in Curtis. He has been one of the most genuine housemates from the start, there was a spark between him and Amy then, but she has gone so downhill over the weeks both physically and personality wise, he just finally realized it was time to abandon ship. I hope he just ends it completely tonight instead of trying to start over. One of my favorite moments of this series is when Tom made the comment about Maura before going to the hideaway, and Curtis told him to just blame everything on us!!

I don't think he was genuine at all and I will always think he was/is a shill for the Producers. However it was interesting when Michael and Anna were arguing that someone, I think one of the lads but maybe Maura too were heard to say "FFS why is Curtis getting involved". They've picked up on his poking his nose in too it would seem.
    I'd have no animosity for him stepping back from Amy though, the timing is hugely suspect so if he wasn't genuine then its awful carry on from Producers and him.
    I was completely with Michael on his decision but he handled it very very poorly.

Ambaaaaa was right, he didn’t even say he was sorry, he owed her that at the very least.

I think that's one of those "shower arguments" he'll have over and over again, he had so many open goals as someone said but missed them all. Having slept on it, if they kick off again he could do some proper damage. But yeah he should still have apologised for recoupling even though, for him, it was the right decision.

Jordan left Anna off the hook in that regard too though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Did Molly-Mae tell Curtis not to give things another go with Amy last night or did I misunderstand? I recall her saying something along the lines of "if you end it now she'll be upset, but if you try again and it doesn't work she'll be devastated". Was that what she was implying?

If so it must be clear to the rest of the villa that he's not that into her/they aren't compatible, if her own friend isn't advocating that they patch things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

It’s unfair the way people are turning in Curtis. He has been one of the most genuine housemates from the start, there was a spark between him and Amy then, but she has gone so downhill over the weeks both physically and personality wise, he just finally realized it was time to abandon ship.

I dont think she has gone downhill any worse than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

anewme wrote: »
    I dont think she has gone downhill any worse than him.
    I agree he looks seriously bloated.....like thor in end game bloated!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

How do people watch love island? never got interested in it seems like a load of drama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

How do people watch love island? never got interested in it seems like a load of drama
    I think you have kind of answered your own question...

It isnt mandatory btw watch something else, and feel free to post about it on another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The only mistake Curtis has made is that he didn’t just tell Amy last night that there was no future for them, and that they should both for however long they were in the villa try to find new partners.
    He was entitled to change his mind about her, especially when she transformed into a complete minger, bunny boiler, mentally unstable young lady over the past few weeks.
    He was also entitled to partner up with her again as there was no other option to him. It would have been too harsh to break up with her in the coupling speech and he shouldnt have gone on about starting over, and then he rightly took her aside to explain but made the mistake of saying he wanted to start over.
    But maybe he does want to start over?? Can imagine why he would tho.
    I don’t think he has any attraction to her and he needs to cut ties, or agree to just be friends, asap. I don’t think they have done too much damage under the sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

For everyones entertainment, the Lord our Saviour, Maura: https://twitter.com/i/status/1146515246175199232

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

klose wrote: »
    Micheal was vindicated to an extent with how Amber reacted but he did handle it poorly in the end like most have said.
    Curtis, jesus where do you start? Absolute train wreck of a week for him.
    Anna has quickly become by far my least favourite person there, big child and a hypocrite.

I agree with you. Michael handled it bdly. He just hadn't thought it through. I do wonder though if there were exchanges between himself and Amber which we were not privy to. He came across as being very angry towards Amber. An anger which was not justifed by the edited programmes we have seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Did Molly-Mae tell Curtis not to give things another go with Amy last night or did I misunderstand? I recall her saying something along the lines of "if you end it now she'll be upset, but if you try again and it doesn't work she'll be devastated". Was that what she was implying?

If so it must be clear to the rest of the villa that he's not that into her/they aren't compatible, if her own friend isn't advocating that they patch things up.

As far as I recall Molly-Mae told Curtis not to give Amy any hope which I thought was decent of her . .

Advertisement