Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    I agree with you. Michael handled it bdly. He just hadn't thought it through. I do wonder though if there were exchanges between himself and Amber which we were not privy to. He came across as being very angry towards Amber. An anger which was not justifed by the edited programmes we have seen.

Ambaa is a textbook baaancake. Good looking girl who is used to getting male attention and just ends up disrespecting any decent blokes she picks up.

Michael is no mug either, he is a good looking bloke in his late 20's. He has been wiping the floor with hot birds since his teens. He would know a Poopah Scoopah when he sees one.

He got sick of her a while ago, he was waiting for Casa Moro to recouple. As I said he is allowed play the game too. Ambaa was too busy schoooopin poop that she didn't see it coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭PressRun

klose wrote: »
    Micheal was vindicated to an extent with how Amber reacted but he did handle it poorly in the end like most have said.
    Curtis, jesus where do you start? Absolute train wreck of a week for him.
    Anna has quickly become by far my least favourite person there, big child and a hypocrite.

Not seeing how he was vindicated by her reaction. She barely reacted? He was the one trying to provoke a row. It wasnt enough for him to just say that he had met someone he liked better and had a better relationship with, he had to go in on all her character flaws. What exactly was he after in saying all of it? What was he expecting her to say? He was only doing it to try and make her explode so he could point and say I told you she was childish. He even had all his responses ready, and kept saying them even when it wasnt appropriate. It was border line gaslighting what he was up to. He anticipated a row and was annoyed when he didnt get one.
    I've always felt he was a very insecure man who seems to place a lot of value in seeming hyper masculine. He came out of it looking ridiculous when all he had to do was simply say he liked Joanna better. We still haven't heard what it is he likes about Joanna. He's too busy slating Amber to say a word about her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Watching Amy’s breakdown last night made me realise for the first time what all those news articles saying Love Island is exploitative are on about.

She’s deeply, deeply fragile and for the first time this series I’m not sure I feel comfortable watching this anymore tbh :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Nah , it's all a bit teenage summer camp for me.

You would more likely be getting your head wrecked/melted from the people around you than actually developing sincere romantic bonds with them.

I still don't know how they sleep in the same room with each other... between the farts and the snoring etc , manckfest.

I would not be able to sleep in a room with everybody, it would freak me out! Like hosteling as a kid! Though that was better cause it was all girls... it does be bad enough sharing a room with a partner (makes being single so much easier haha)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

AryaStark wrote: »
    I would not be able to sleep in a room with everybody, it would freak me out! Like hosteling as a kid! Though that was better cause it was all girls... it does be bad enough sharing a room with a partner (makes being single so much easier haha)

Apart from the farting and snoring, the heavy petting going on would wreck my head as well, ffs. Can you imagine lying awake at 3 in the morning and listening to some " heavy breathing" while your trying to get some sleep... no thanks.

That would be more mentally challenging for me than being dumped after 3 weeks by some wannabe 21 year old from Brentwood.

Also the jacks … what is the story there? - You don't have to answer this btw , I am not literally that curious about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

To be honest if Michael had of stepped up and said he just met someone he was attracted to more and had a better connection with them I doubt things would have been any better like some seem to think.

Think it probably would have put more of a target on her too. I get what Michael was trying to do, make it about him and Amber rather than Joanna as we've seen before that if the reason a head is turned is put on the new girl then the others can turn on them and look at it as some girl has come in and gone after him, turned his head and stole him. Then all this chat about girl code and isolating her. Maura and Arabella, and Lucie to an extinct admiting she had feelings for Tommy.

He still handled it terribly. No real winning situation here, Curtis has tried to go the whole honesty approach and accept responsibility and it's not doing anything for his reputation either. I think best would have just been to talk about it the morning after, but that would have been terrible tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

By the way this has worked out perfectly for Amber.

She'll recouple and then the support she has will send her to the final. It's some change from the beginning when she was pretty much universally seen as immature and a handful, and not very popular with the viewers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Last night the women really needed Yewande back in their to sit Michael down and aggressively ask him “Did you or did you not tell Amber that you loved her, was gonna marry her and have kids with her, and bring her for a ride on your fire mobile”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Last night the women really needed Yewande back in their to sit Michael down and aggressively ask him “Did you or did you not tell Amber that you loved her, was gonna marry her and have kids with her, and bring her for a ride on your fire mobile”.

The "LIKE" from Anna was a subtle replacement for the "hmmm" from Yewande.
    She'd probably be devastated Ovie picked Anna in Casa Amor over her if she was in there, she looked at him once and said hello, how could he not know she liked him after all that work she put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

I'm obviously not down with the kids.
    What does a dead ting actually mean?

Ha me neither, I had to google it!! It came up on Urban dictionary along the lines of someone that's pretty ugly, dull and basically an all around CU next Tuesday! Not the exact wording but pretty close!

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    By the way this has worked out perfectly for Amber.

She'll recouple and then the support she has will send her to the final. It's some change from the beginning when she was pretty much universally seen as immature and a handful, and not very popular with the viewers.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she suddenly develop feelings for Anton and they become a couple!! I don’t see Belle being his partner till the end.
    In fairness to Amber, apart from her comments about Joanna, she handled herself very well. She had a right to be a lot more upset than she showed and that she obviously was. And Michael acted like a complete ignorant twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Just had a catch up from Sunday episode to last night's...... Omg tv gold!!! So so happy amber got dumped its so true what goes around comes around shes not nice person.

As for Curtis he's true colors have finally shown too... Full of ****.

The Tonight Show on vm1 tonight is gonna be discussing Love Island. Not sure if it will be the full show but hope so. It’s gonna be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Not liking Joanne so far, she has no reason to not be nice to Amber.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Amber is tearing Muchael to shreds, to be expected.
    Now she tells Joanna what She should have done, She Went Over To Her.

Amber really has a selective memory.

Oh look the Gaslighter strikes again, blaming Joanna for not coming to say hello. She clearly blanked her, like she did to Maura when she first arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

Joanne has little personality.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not liking Joanne so far, she has no reason to not be nice to Amber.

Think she is being nice to her, seems like an okay chat. No fireworks at all

razorblunt wrote: »
    Oh look the Gaslighter strikes again, blaming Joanna for not coming to say hello. She clearly blanked her, like she did to Maura when she first arrived.

Exactly, it's not the first time Amber reacted like that.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Joanne has little personality.

I'm hoping she is restraining herself, hard to be bubbly for her in the last 24 hrs especially.
    Think she might be well able. Time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Their sunglasses are bloody massive!

Is Amy really making a list of things Curtis said on her phone? HILARIOUS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Amy taking notes is frightenly odd!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Think she is being nice to her, seems like an okay chat. No fireworks at all

Saying that she’s the bigger person, and calling Amber childish...I think someone in her situation shouldn’t be so hostile. In the grand scheme of things Amber hasn’t actually do anything to her. It’s understandable that she ignored her at the start. It’s Michael’s words coming from Joanne’s mouth. Joanne has “won” so she should ACTUALLY be the bigger person and be gracious and kind.

KatW4 wrote: »
    They're sunglasses are bloody massive!

Is Amy really making a list of things Curtis said on her phone? HILARIOUS!!!!

They should publish it !

Holy shít Amy is crazy, proud as punch with that list of hers.

Also why does she deliberately mispronounce Jourdan’s name in a condescending manner?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

We all knew Lucie would do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Jaysus Lucie let it go

Uh oh Lucie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Knew Lucie was a sneaky so and so!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Amber isn’t too proud to admit that she’s hurt and said both last night and tonight that she just needs space to heal and let it go, yet when she said that last night Michael flew off the handle.

That’s not an unreasonable thing to ask for and Michael and Joanna should respect that.

I hope after that chat Joanna has a bit more compassion for Ambers situation. It’s not pleasant for anyone but moaning about petty things when you’ve literally just stolen someone’s man is pathetic.

Advertisement