Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

So Curtis told Tommy that everything was clear in his head now regarding Amy and we thought he was going off to patch things up... And then he dumps her :D
    It's quite clear he doesn't fancy her..
    He should have given her the 'it's not you, it's me' speech.
    She didn't see it coming either, with her thinking she had the upper hand telling him they would take a break.
    I was praying for the ground to swallow her up when she produced her list.
    Not to mention the big words and fancy turns of phrases she was using.
    Run for your life, Curtis!!!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Maura Maura Maura...no....just NO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'm just catching up but seriously. Wtf.

What sort of "friends" would sit there and not say anything to Amy making a fecking list of statements/questions on her phone to bring to Curtis in some bizarre Jeremy Kyle style interrogation.

Honestly. Who in the world thinks this is a sane and good move? It's ridiculous. It's mad. How can no one warn her that this comes across as the acts of a person losing the plot. If a friend of mine suggested it id worry for them and be more concerned if they're ok than giving them pointers.

Absolutely crazy stuff. My god. I haven't seen what has happened yet but there is no way this can work out at all. She won't get any justice or closure and Curtis will try run with the wind from this insanity.

Fair play to Curtis. Finally ended it.

I know Amy was angry but it's for the best he just ended it rather than her suggestion of a break. He isn't really a compulsive liar, he may like her but not enough that his head won't be turned like he said so.

But come on. A ****ing list?? What did she actually expect? That's just a red flag. Could have held some dignity and ended it but rather went down this stupid path and left it for Curtis to deal the crucial blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Amy called curtis a compulsive liar. Glad she sees that now.

• Advertisement

Amy called curtis a compulsive liar. Glad she sees that now.

Probably was one of the branches the flowchart on her phone followed.

Automated response.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Amazing just discovering that AJ Prichard is Curtis’s brother because when I first saw him in Celebrity Hunted I was convinced he was gay too, just as I have been about Curtis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

“JourDDDDDDDDDD(insert sneer)AAAAAANNNNN”
    fûck off, Amy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The list obviously just helped her to keep her thoughts. She was already very emotional and when you're in that state its not easy to keep track of your thoughts and what you want to say. Its probably something she has learned from previous bad experiences where she had an emotional discussion with someone and realised afterwards she forgot about half the things she wanted to say.

Tbh, I think the list was a great idea to help keep her thought process on point in what was going to be a very trying situation for her

razorblunt wrote: »
    “JourDDDDDDDDDD(insert sneer)AAAAAANNNNN”
    fûck off, Amy.

*EDIT* Ana! (Lord I was tired, not Amy) is one who makes my blood boil but the British viewers seem to love her so she'll do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Amy is one who makes my blood boil but the British viewers seem to love her so she'll do well.

Yes because good on her for being a curvier girl and mixing it with all these boys

Rikand wrote: »
    The list obviously just helped her to keep her thoughts. She was already very emotional and when you're in that state its not easy to keep track of your thoughts and what you want to say. Its probably something she has learned from previous bad experiences where she had an emotional discussion with someone and realised afterwards she forgot about half the things she wanted to say.

Tbh, I think the list was a great idea to help keep her thought process on point in what was going to be a very trying situation for her

As preparation maybe.

But spending the entire day talking about this list and everyone's aware of it, building up some sort of hype with he villa rumbling about this huge list, then to sit there read the list off your phone and suggest taking a break a la Ross and Rachel?

She probably could have gotten away with it if it was her dumping him but I thought it was a terrible plan if she honestly wanted to just take a bit of a break.

Yes because good on her for being a curvier girl and mixing it with all these boys

Honestly can't tell if this is a jokey comment or one of the comments of support for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Yeah I don't really understand why Amy is getting all the hate and blame.
    She handled it a million times better than him.
    Was she really hurt? Yes of course. But I think she handled the talk yesterday really well. Making a list isn't psycho, it's helping her to not get caught up in an argument where you go in circles for hours which happens so easily when you're upset.
    She was definitely the bigger person there. A breakup hurts but she honestly just seemed as upset as you can be in the situation. She will be fine.

Now he has shown what an utter scumbag he is. He started having doubts but instead of breaking it off he had to drag it out. Curtis didn't have the balls to just sit her down and say: hey Amy, I realised it's not going anywhere for me, let's go seperate ways. He did the brick wall and waited for her to basically do the deed and this is soooo sh*tty.
    Curtis made an absolute show of Amy and humiliated her and magically managed to still get away as the better person. He isn't. She might be high maintenance and clingy but she carried herself better than he did.
    He could have handled this in a way that wouldn't embarrass her in front of the nation, hell he was even trying to get away with it until she called him out with his "ah shure let's patch it up and work through it".
    If she'd be my best friend I would rip him a new one for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

As preparation maybe.

But spending the entire day talking about this list and everyone's aware of it, building up some sort of hype with he villa rumbling about this huge list, then to sit there read the list off your phone and suggest taking a break a la Ross and Rachel?

She probably could have gotten away with it if it was her dumping him but I thought it was a terrible plan if she honestly wanted to just take a bit of a break.

The mad cat even told Curtis she was putting a list together during the day and she would discuss it with him later. He was just silent for a few seconds and then said ok and continued on his way.
    I think on tonight’s show there will be a lot of tears from her.

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    He is most definitely a compulsive liar. How can you not see that? Even in his speech, he said he can see a future with her, then two minutes later he dumped her pretty much.

I think he actually believes what he says though, so its almost deliberately fooling himself too.
    But in hindsight, yeah, is a liar, I don't think its compulsive though.

His cowardice would be a much bigger issue for me.

LirW wrote: »
    Yeah I don't really understand why Amy is getting all the hate and blame.
    She handled it a million times better than him.
    Was she really hurt? Yes of course. But I think she handled the talk yesterday really well. Making a list isn't psycho, it's helping her to not get caught up in an argument where you go in circles for hours which happens so easily when you're upset.
    She was definitely the bigger person there. A breakup hurts but she honestly just seemed as upset as you can be in the situation. She will be fine.

Now he has shown what an utter scumbag he is. He started having doubts but instead of breaking it off he had to drag it out. Curtis didn't have the balls to just sit her down and say: hey Amy, I realised it's not going anywhere for me, let's go seperate ways. He did the brick wall and waited for her to basically do the deed and this is soooo sh*tty.
    Curtis made an absolute show of Amy and humiliated her and magically managed to still get away as the better person. He isn't. She might be high maintenance and clingy but she carried herself better than he did.
    He could have handled this in a way that wouldn't embarrass her in front of the nation, hell he was even trying to get away with it until she called him out with his "ah shure let's patch it up and work through it".
    If she'd be my best friend I would rip him a new one for sure.

She's lucky he handled it so poorly to be honest. If he took a step back and said "i'm not feeling it" like Michael tried to do he would/should have come out better. He had a long list of reasons why too, the whole Kiss Rating fiasco where he was completely blamed and she was in the wrong, her sneery attitude in general, the speed at which she was moving, professing her love to everyone but him etc etc.

She was so proud of the list too, look how smug she was telling him during the day, it was something along the lines of "I'm making a list and I'll be pulling you aside later to chat through it". Horrifically controlling, almost like a schoolteacher.

If he was my best friend I'd tell him he dodged a bullet but he needs to grow a pair.
    Ovie hit the nail on the head describing Michael and it applies to Curtis too: "if you want to make a decision like that, fine, thats on you, but be the big man and own it fully when you do".

Can't fault that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Amy is one who makes my blood boil but the British viewers seem to love her so she'll do well.

You really think so? I think she's done as far as this show is concerned. Nobody will want to couple up with her, despite how fantastic, amazing and talented she is (or whatever other ****e Curtis fed her to avoid having to lie and say he was in any way attracted to her).

She might get one more sympathy recoupling from Curtis as friends to save her, but after that she's out of there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Honestly though no matter how she'd handle it people would turn against her because she was so unpopular to begin with.
    She makes a list to keep it short and sweet? What a psycho.
    If she'd go in there unprepared and it would turn into a night long argument, she would be the bunny boiler.
    If she would have just walked away and did next to nothing then it like she never cared about him in the first place.

Keep in mind this couple consisted of a really unpopular girl and a really well-liked guy. The public was set up against her in the first place.
    This could have gone down much MUCH worse.
    Given the circumstances and how incredibly shocked and hurt she was she got through it well.
    And I am sure she will move on, contrary to the popular belief I think she is tougher than she appears and she will get out of it on the other side. There will be tears and hard feelings but for real: what break up isn't full of them?

Different opinions I suppose.

If Joe came back with a list of things for Lucie after her head was turned and kept reminding her he was preparing it throughout the day I think we'd all be labelling him a controlling crazy person.

Side note, anyone see the video of some people watching love island in a bar and Lucie is telling Tommy about her feelings, camera turns to Joe at one of the tables just stuffing his face not even paying attention haha

• Advertisement

LirW wrote: »
    Honestly though no matter how she'd handle it people would turn against her because she was so unpopular to begin with.
    She makes a list to keep it short and sweet? What a psycho.
    If she'd go in there unprepared and it would turn into a night long argument, she would be the bunny boiler.
    If she would have just walked away and did next to nothing then it like she never cared about him in the first place.

Keep in mind this couple consisted of a really unpopular girl and a really well-liked guy. The public was set up against her in the first place.
    This could have gone down much MUCH worse.
    Given the circumstances and how incredibly shocked and hurt she was she got through it well.
    And I am sure she will move on, contrary to the popular belief I think she is tougher than she appears and she will get out of it on the other side. There will be tears and hard feelings but for real: what break up isn't full of them?

Don't know if I'd say interviewing fellow housemates, taking notes of the conversations like a detective and telling them to hold on as you're writing the stuff down, then going over to him during the day to informing him that you are creating a list, then finally that you have finished it and will test him with it later is my definition of short and sweet.

But I suppose it's different people and all that. The whole plot smacked of the idea of someone who watches too much Friends.

Still Ill wrote: »
    You really think so? I think she's done as far as this show is concerned. Nobody will want to couple up with her, despite how fantastic, amazing and talented she is (or whatever other ****e Curtis fed her to avoid having to lie and say he was in any way attracted to her).

She might get one more sympathy recoupling from Curtis as friends to save her, but after that she's out of there.

Sorry I meant Ana. Friday morning posting mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

anewme wrote: »
    Dyson hairdryer 400 euro..

Get your name on it too, in pink.

Also think Jourdan was on the money with Jordan when she asked did he really like Ana or was it a pride and ego thing to win her back.

He went on to say it was feelings, then Game On haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Amy has been removed so she can get psychological help. May still return. Definitely for the best. Glad they've stepped in.

The only thing they could try to garner favour again would be to put in someone who's a "wrong 'un" who cases her and then follow up with a white knight. Similar to Camilla.
    following on from the post above though, she might be gone. Which is good to see, for her own benefit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Amy has been removed so she can get psychological help. May still return. Definitely for the best. Glad they've stepped in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Get your name on it too, in pink.

That option wasnt there when I got mine! Asking for a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The mind boggles how people get so upset when there partner on Love island has second thoughts,

Have these people never watched the show before ?

Its the reason the public tune in every night, How in god's name could you be surprised or shocked ,

If someone decides they no longer wants to be with someone that is ok the person should not be vilified

Remember they know there on TV , that's in the back of the heads so when they try to let the person down gentle they often end up making it worse by dragging it out but there intent is to make it better

Lets not forget this is a game and there is a prize at the end, Everyone on the show has seen it before,
    They sign up for the chance to win cash and be seen on TV but you do that with the flip side of putting your self in the public eye and every chance you ca be humiliated on the show, It's what these people have to weigh up before they go in , Once they decide to go in then please don't act shocked if it doesn't work out for you in there ,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Jourdan is a painful bitch. She is evil. She fancies Danny ffs. The plank.

Amy should stay away from her, for real. Can you imagine someone watched you for 4 weeks without you knowing and then came into your life and started commenting on it?

It is like some weird psychological experiment from Stanford University. Amy should tell Jourdan to shove herself.

I am beginning to fancy Belle a little ….

Advertisement