Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

Anna is really a nasty piece of work

Dumping Ovie by basically saying ‘Oh I overheard you saying you thought Joanna was attractive on our double date’ rather than having any integrity or respect and saying she wanted to pursue things with Jordan. After the carry on on the recoupling night. Nasty self centered person, zero self awareness or empathy/consideration/respect for other people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Marvin, George and Ovie seem like genuinely nice guys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Flex wrote: »
    Anna is really a nasty piece of work

Dumping Ovie by basically saying ‘Oh I overheard you saying you thought Joanna was attractive on our double date’ rather than having any integrity or respect and saying she wanted to pursue things with Jordan. After the carry on on the recoupling night. Nasty self centered person, zero self awareness or empathy/consideration/respect for other people

Looked to me that Ovie dumped her in essence.

I have never used one of them eye yokes to sleep. I imagine they are just a distraction. I can understand the massive sunglasses as you can say they are for fashion. But why do these celebrities and wanna bes have to wear an eye yoke instead of just closing their eyes on their own??

It’s prob cause they are all in one big room so I say u have people switching lights on and off all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Looked to me that Ovie dumped her in essence.

Yea I can see what you’re saying, like the way he carries himself, seems like a genuine person

I think he was building towards trying to ‘make things work’; telling her he really liked her and he has a lot of pride but sometimes that’s a bad thing, then she went off on the Joanna tangent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

fin12 wrote:
    It’s prob cause they are all in one big room so I say u have people switching lights on and off all night.
    I think the lights are turned off at a set time at night and in the morning.

So if you want to go to bed early or have a nap, you can't turn off the lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Whatever about whether Maura is really into Curtis or not (I don’t believe she is FWIW) she’s still made this series and is highly entertaining, love her or hate her. I’d love if she coupled up with Curtis, won with him, and stole the 50k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

At this stage last year Wes and Georgia as the single Islanders had to pick who to couple up with from the bottom three couples in the vote and the rest went home. I'd say it will be the same this time for Amber and Jordan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I want Danny gone.
    He started off a nice person hen he was with Yewande and with every recoupling since, he's turned more and more into a smarmy and sneery headed ass.

To thine own self be true

Maura is not even good at pretending she's serious about Curtis. In a million years Curtis wouldn't be her type. She's so fake.
    She goes for pretty boys.
    The 2 boys in Casa were football players.
    Would be more realistic her making a play for Ovie now.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    The way Maura saying Maaaarvin is like nails on a blackboard!
    The best quote of the night was when she told Marvin he was 'being bould'. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

fin12 wrote: »

Come on, these eye yokes are just a sign of people who have notions about themselves. They see the Kardashian’s wearing them and suddenly they are a must have. Same with all the people you see in the airports now going around with their neck cushions. What’s that all about??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Anna is the worst kind of weapon. Can't take ownership for anything, nothing is her decision alone..the decision to take Ovie was made for her because Jordan didn't tell her he liked her enough! The decision to go back to Jordan was made for her because Ovie said of all the rest aside from Anna he'd pick Joanne. Few things worse than someone manipulative like that who pushes everything back on other people. And can't handle any push back at all just constantly interrupts them. Switching between one and the other is the same behaviour she would happily see Danny or Michael drowned in the pool for.

Anyway yeah I can't stand her. Ughhh.

Come on, these eye yokes are just a sign of people who have notions about themselves. They see the Kardashian’s wearing them and suddenly they are a must have. Same with all the people you see in the airports now going around with their neck cushions. What’s that all about??

I was given a pair of them one time by my sister cause the room I was sleeping in the curtains were so light that it was really bright, I think I tried to wear them but they didn’t feel right on.

I have one of the eye thingies (got it as a present) and it’s actually brilliant for sleeping in a bright room. Never watched the Kardashians and no notions here!

Ah here neck cushions?? How do you have a problem with them?! Sleeping on a plane is a horrible experience, anything to make it marginally better gets a thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

gmisk wrote: »
    I do think its Conor McGregor fault!
    (Though his are like big Gerry Adams ones!)
    He also wears those horrible loud shirts that are in ATM as well.

People have been wearing glasses for fashion long before Conor McGregor. I have no idea why...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

alroley wrote: »
    At this stage last year Wes and Georgia as the single Islanders had to pick who to couple up with from the bottom three couples in the vote and the rest went home. I'd say it will be the same this time for Amber and Jordan.

Probably will. Apart from tommy&mm, Anton + Mauras couples you could see any of the rest in the bottom 3.

Hopefully it's not Michael or Anna in it or it'll just be back to before the split villas

There's a week as well where the islanders choose which couple to dump

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Did anyone notice Amy and Curtis were caught holding hands as they ran out to Craig David on last nights show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭bren2001

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Did anyone notice Amy and Curtis were caught holding hands as they ran out to Craig David on last nights show?

It looked like they were made walk out as couples and he was just helping her down the steps I thought. I didn't read into that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭benjy1000

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Just caught up there. Haven’t read any of these comments yet.

Thought the way Maura and Lucie called the two lads over to dump them together was childish and very cold.

Thought the way Anna spoke to Ovie was horrible, and couldn’t believe the girls took her side.

Thought the way the girls treated Michael was horrible, saying he should have made it clear to Amber that he wasn’t interested - he’s made it super clear!!

Don’t want to come across as a woman hater because I’m not, I am a woman myself, but the women in this series are horrible (apart from Joanna - she seems normal enough).

Can you imagine if two blokes called over two birds and dumped them like Maura & Lucie did, there would be uproar !! Twitter and the PC brigade would have a heart attack. I thought that was dreadful Immature behavior , classy girls they are most certainly not.

• Advertisement

benjy1000 wrote: »
    Can you imagine if two blokes called over two birds and dumped them like Maura & Lucie did, there would be uproar !! Twitter and the PC brigade would have a heart attack. I thought that was dreadful Immature behavior , classy girls they are most certainly not.

I was so hoping one of the fellas was going to get in there first and say, girls we've been talking and we both agree it's not working out.
    That would have been TV gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Don't watch this show but I watched a couple of clips of Maura on YouTube to see what the fuss was about with her. She's the Emily Pankhurst of 2019 if we are to believe some of the articles about her.

So one had her yelling at some poor guy and telling him to piss off and another had her eavesdropping on the guys conversation.

Is this behaviour that every young woman should aspire to nowadays.

Maybe I missed the context so I don't want to damn the girl prematurely. Can someone explain to me what's so great about her.

So one had her yelling at some poor guy and telling him to piss off and another had her eavesdropping on the guys conversation.

Is this behaviour that every young woman should aspire to nowadays.

Maybe I missed the context so I don't want to damn the girl prematurely. Can someone explain to me what's so great about her.

I mean, the guy had spoken disrespectfully about her and then lied repeatedly to her face....

Shouting at people isn't great, but it's not like he was an angel that did no wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I dont like Anna but Ovie is an insufferable asshole! My God!... "crack on mate, you can have it"

Tonight's show has all the excitement that you could hope for apparently.

They really will be put through the ringer.

Dont miss it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Major headline on Daily Mail about Amy, Maura f**ked if true.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Amy is pretty disliked by the public. Depends on what they air though - I was definitely feeling a lot of sympathy for her last week despite not liking her.

Nah, Maura will be fine I tink :)

The opposite surely? The recoupling and dumping is airing tonight so would have been filmed last night. Amy left today so I imagine Maura was saved last night, and Amy left because she’s struggling with the Curtis/Maura flirtation continuing

• Advertisement

The opposite surely? The recoupling and dumping is airing tonight so would have been filmed last night. Amy left today so I imagine Maura was saved last night, and Amy left because she’s struggling with the Curtis/Maura flirtation continue

Exactly what I was thinking.

Advertisement