Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Maura seems really horrible the way shes behaved, totally cringey fame hungry moron. Curtis ffs? Most of the girls seem like really horrible people. Think I'll prob give up as the fakeness is annoying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Maura seems really horrible the way shes behaved, totally cringey fame hungry moron. Curtis ffs? Most of the girls seem like really horrible people. Think I'll prob give up as the fakeness is annoying.

But you know you won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Family and friends would want to keep an eye on Amy for a while after the show. I think she fell hard for Curtis only to be humiliated in front of millions. She took it badly and left the door open for reunification and he rejected her again. You could almost see her crumble at that moment. The marraige and kids comment was absolutely horrible and will scar her for life.

As much as it was good tv, its fairly grim and you would have to feel for her on a personal level. That cannot be easy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Family and friends would want to keep an eye on Amy for a while after the show. I think she fell hard for Curtis only to be humiliated in front of millions.

As much as it was good tv, its fairly grim and you would have to feel for her on a personal level. That cannot be easy.

A woman who never had a boyfriend is thrown onto Love Island- Recipe for disaster, producers fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    A woman who never bad a boyfriend is thrown onto Love Island- Recipe for disaster, producers fault.

I agree, she should never have been on it in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭benjy1000

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I agree, she should never have been on it in the first place.

Yeah definitely.
    The head seems to be totally gone on her, an eye needs to be kept on her, but now that she is out & away from that environment I’m sure she will be fine soon.

Was reading there that they reckon Maura will absolutely clean up in appearance fees etc after the show.

Might try to enter it myself next year😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Unpopular opinions probably but:

1. Maura is legend. I don't really care if she's doing if for the fame now, she makes me laugh.

2. Tommy & Molly Mae make me puke, want anyone but them to win.

3. Ovie & Amber would make a fantastic couple.

4. Amy should not have made it past the screening for the show. Anyone who's never had a boyfriend at her age has obviously got issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭benjy1000

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Unpopular opinions probably but:

1. Maura is legend. I don't really care if she's doing if for the fame now, she makes me laugh.

2. Tommy & Molly Mae make me puke, want anyone but them to win.

3. Ovie & Amber would make a fantastic couple.

4. Amy should not have made it past the screening for the show. Anyone who's never had a boyfriend at her age has obviously got issues.

Point 4, wow that’s a lovely generalization you’ve made there. What a laughable statement.

benjy1000 wrote: »
    Point 4, wow that’s a lovely generalization you’ve made there. What a laughable statement.

I would say that a person does not necessarily have issues for never having had a boyfriend by her age.
    But the very vast majority of people surely have, it only puts her in a clear minority though, nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I have to agree somewhat. Amy is an attractive girl. I would say it is unusual that a good looking 26 year old girl has never had a bf...unless of course she’s just been very unlucky, which is plausible. However in Amy’s case I reckon it’s mainly to do with her.

• Advertisement

Indeed. I'd say the ones with loads of partners have more likely got issues. The set of Anna and Maura makes this more obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

I think Amy's clinginess along with her mountain out of a molehill pessimistic attitude is enough to frighten any potential boyfriend off. Curtis Curious was coupled up before he really knew what he was getting into. Never really liked him but I'm not mad at him for jumping ship, I would too if I was a man in that situation.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    But you know you won't.
    It goes on too long and is too scripted. And everyone on it is a vain vacuous attention seeking moron.

Hit a raw nerve did I??

Nothing laughable about it. It's the truth.

Highly unusual not to ever have had a boyfriend at her age.

I think Maura shacking up with in the closet Curtis and calling him manly done it for me.

It goes on too long and is too scripted. And everyone on it is a vain vacuous attention seeking moron.

Think you need to read the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have to agree somewhat. Amy is an attractive girl. I would say it is unusual that a good looking 26 year old girl has never had a bf...unless of course she’s just been very unlucky, which is plausible. However in Amy’s case I reckon it’s mainly to do with her.
    She is 27 I think.
    It is a tad odd she has never had any rship by thar age IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Viewers tend to forget it is a game show and there is a potential 50k up for grabs, failing that you might stand to make a career out of club appearances, Instagram and the likes of Celebrity on Ice/Strictly participation.

Therefore, if you want to be dishonest or play the game like Curtis, Maura and Tommy and Molly Mae (who are the biggest players in there) good luck to you. Remember it's Love Island not Friend Island!

You can't help feeling sorry for Amy but she went into the programme aware of the risks and she should be entitled to go on the show to try and find love regardless of her previous relationship history.

There are a lot more safeguards in place now on the show because of the two previous deaths, I would consider that the negative, constant exposure on social media is more damaging to contestants than actually appearing on the show.

Any Big Brother viewers will recall mental breakdowns happening in front of our screens and very rarely were those contestants removed for their own well-being. The difference being that contestants were not subjected to the level of online abuse, post appearing on reality tv that they are subjected to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

I’ve been critical of Amy throughout but I actually feel sorry for her now. We don’t know what may have happened to her to make her this sensitive. Very difficult to understand how she got through the vetting process. No relationship experience should have been a red flag. I actually think she was selected because she came across as fragile, so they knew a meltdown was inevitable.

And everyone on it is a vain vacuous attention seeking moron.

Ah now, the thread isn't that bad :)

I'm expecting a cracker tonight !!

• Advertisement

Amy, do you want to go for a chat, YES, I do !

As much as I hate Anna she was right there saying Lucie and Maura should have gone to the girls before telling Tommy and Curtis that they liked them.

vladmydad wrote: »
    I’ve been critical of Amy throughout but I actually feel sorry for her now. We don’t know what may have happened to her to make her this sensitive. Very difficult to understand how she got through the vetting process. No relationship experience should have been a red flag. I actually think she was selected because she came across as fragile, so they knew a meltdown was inevitable.

I'm not saying for one second I don't feel sorry for Amy I do, she is genuinely hurt and who can blame her because Curtis was making all the right noises.

What I'm saying is that the producers are to blame here.

Jesus Christ Amy, envisioning marriage and kids with someone you met on a tv show and have spent a few weeks with >.< she does herself no favours. She really is unstable though and I do feel sorry for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Haha take that Maura, she lost that one big time!
    Delighted amy schooled her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Maura: "I've never given anyone a second chance. Never."

Tom:

Monkey_Puppet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Thought it would be Curtis to hide in the closet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Whoever dreamed up the Maura fancies Curtis storyline should be sacked immediately....i’ve seen more believable storylines in Balamory....

Tommy and Curtis - like 2 big kids, quite funny really.

I'm dyslexic V I didnt finish school.

Class !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

I feel for Amy in some ways.

She's clearly an intense individual and while continuous talk of marriage & kids after just 4 weeks is not normal, it's awful watching her unravel on tv.

We probably all reacted a little odd the first time our heart was broken (ok no were near this level but you still wouldn't want it on tv!) but this is excessive.

Advertisement