Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

vladmydad wrote: »
    Crafty Amy did do one thing tonight, she delt a death blow to Curtis with the public, he’s a gonner at the next vote. She also delivered a death blow to Curtis and Maura’s potential relationship and killed off any chance of Maura winning this thing. Go Amy
    Good. Good and good.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

The head on the pair of the newcomers.

They're both beautiful and strong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

KatW4 wrote: »
    anewme wrote:
    Two weird hatchets arriving

Yeah they're not great looking at all!

Where did they unearth them 2 from?

Dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fuzzy1

Crafty Amy did do one thing tonight, she delt a death blow to Curtis with the public, he’s a gonner at the next vote. She also delivered a death blow to Curtis and Maura’s potential relationship and killed off any chance of Maura winning this thing. Go Amy

Once Maura went after Curtis I don't think she had a chance of winning anyway. Complete wrong move from her. Like if she had any cop on she should have gone for Ovie. Then she might have been in with a realistic chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Abel Ruiz wrote: »

They're both beautiful and strong!

You are messing.

They are terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Why oh why was Ovie not picked to enter the villa on day 1? By far the best islander this year and he's only been there a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Unintentional, she was far too busy planning 4 holidays with Curtis and building their dream house and taking care of her villa children to come up with that herself.

Also, well executed by producers and her management.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Curtis : "I'm literally drained"
    No you're not.
    They literally don't know the meaning of the word literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭benjy1000

fuzzy1 wrote: »
    Once Maura went after Curtis I don't think she had a chance of winning anyway. Complete wrong move from her. Like if she had any cop on she should have gone for Ovie. Then she might have been in with a realistic chance.

She’s a right cnut.
    Crack a nut of that ass though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Marvin and Amber what a car crash....genuinely hilarious....she has not a notion of him lol

I do think he is hot though ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I’ve warmed to Amber a lot since my first impression of her but dear God it’s like she goes out of her way to make awkward situations even more awkward.
    That was painful to watch, she should have just said she wasn’t interested instead of letting him continue digging his hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Genuinely horrendous looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Nah
    People think Amy is too much, and are more annoyed that Ovie lost George then Amy decided to leave anyway.
    It’s 50/50 on the Maura Curtas thing (literally there was a vote on aftersun that came back 50/50)
    He’s not getting much hate cause of Amy’s reactions and either is Maura.
    Depends on how the look together now assuming it happens.
    More people hate Michael than Curtas he’ll be gone before Curtas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Amy should have played it cool and hard to get after casa amor, just like Jordan did.

Jordan is completely and utterly playing a game and there is no chance him and Anna will last on the outside. Honestly I don’t even remember them being that close before casa amor.

On the other hand Amy was building what she thought was a genuine relationship with Curtis and he led her on to believe that was indeed the case. As she’d never had a proper relationship before it was clear she’d let her guard down properly for the first time and this was a big thing for her to do. When it transpired that what they had was not that strong she was utterly broken. No way would she have been able to ‘play it cool’.

Jordan and Anna are a f?ck boy and f?ck girl playing each other. They’re using the sexual attraction they have to try and go and win this thing. There’s no actual ‘lust’ unlike there was with Curtis and Amy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Sorry but im not buying Amy for a second
    She was pulled a few days to be evaluated , i can beat you any money she wanted to leave and they talked her into doing it that way tonight

It was a better way for her public imagine when she left ,
    I thought it all looked to staged for me no one tried to talk her down or looked shocked all her previous conversations she has always asked the girls what do , like the list incident ,
    Also she held it together quite well but when it showed her in the diary room you could tell she was in a way worse state ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

razorblunt wrote: »
    You’re not getting a picture you thirsty bugger but I’m definitely better looking than Curtis, Jordan annnnnnnnddddd Anna.

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Maura doesn't need to win at this stage. She is most definitely going to be the most famous out of this without a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Unpopular opinion time:............ I cannot stand Ovie. He brings nothing to the show. For the love of god he’s not good looking at all and is awkwardly tall. He doesn’t speak two words, has a monotone voice and zero personality. He doesn’t interact with the boys or girls and just comes across as painfully lazy. It’s almost like he’s not even there. A great big lanky sloth. The sort of fella that would grind my gears.

Que outrage in 5 4 3 .........

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Sorry but im not buying Amy for a second
    She was pulled a few days to be evaluated , i can beat you any money she wanted to leave and they talked her into doing it that way tonight

It was a better way for her public imagine when she left ,
    I thought it all looked to staged for me no one tried to talk her down or looked shocked all her previous conversations she has always asked the girls what do , like the list incident ,
    Also she held it together quite well but when it showed her in the diary room you could tell she was in a way worse state ,

My immediate thought was that her parents advised her to leave and she decided to do it her catty way>

I did not buy this new altruistic Amy at all . She would have stuck it out until the very end imo hoping Curtis would change his mind and/or drive a wedge between Maura and Curtis..( Not that there was any need of that . .Curtis would have no time for a girl like Maura).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Looks like we've reached the point where only the dregs remain to be sent into the house. They're hardly going to waste any good characters on the final three weeks, when they could have sent them in at the early stages this year or next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I have to admit, I sobbed my heart at the Amy and Curtis chat.
    I was very sceptical all along that it was all staged and they were never genuine but boy, you could not stage her heartbreak tonight.
    It was gut wrenching.
    She was clearly on love with that boy.
    Her anguish brought me back to my first broken heart aged 16. Clinging on, saying that we'd be friends etc.
    I think she was hoping against hope that Curtis would beg her to stay and say he was wrong to let her go.
    He seemed genuinely moved that she was leaving too. I don't think you could fake those tears.
    I think he got in over his head with Amy.
    I believe he did like her, just not as much as she liked him.
    And it took being away from her, in a neutral space for him to realise it.
    It's an awful position to be in.
    I'm really annoyed at the producers, in the aftermath of two suicides, that they allowed this situation to be aired for our entertainment.
    I hope Amy can heal, as she said herself.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Still Ill wrote: »
    Looks like we've reached the point where only the dregs remain to be sent into the house. They're hardly going to waste any good characters on the final three weeks, when they could have sent them in at the early stages this year or next.

I feel like at this stage they only send in extras to make up numbers for "dramatic" re-couplings where people not picked will be dumped OR send in someone very specific for a popular Islander that needs to couple up (Jamie for Camilla in S3, Paul for Laura last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

thelad95 wrote:
    There’s no actual ‘lust’ unlike there was with Curtis and Amy.

What?? Lust between Curtis and Amy?? I didn't see any of that... More like a friendly affection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

For those that missed it:

https://youtu.be/ju2CDq1WuZ0

Possibly the funniest scene to date!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Anybody watching e-bird on youtube? She does a running commentary of love island episodes in a very dry sarcastic manner it is actually hilarious! She covers Mondays "boring" episode which I agree it was so boring until the voting off.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Yeah right. :rolleyes:

I was wrong. I forgot to include the new guy and girl!

I was trying to remember what the Amy-Curtis chat on the terrace reminded me of and it's just clicked.
    Your first break up when you're 14/15, over dramatic, the "world is crumbling", I'm going to make this like Dawson's Creek ('twas big at the time, Google it!) stuff.

If you're on the happy side of the break, you walk off thinking "thank fúck that's over", if you're on the other side its all "I'll never get over this" and then you're off to a teenage disco shifting away by the weekend. But every now and then when you're trying to fall asleep at 11:45 on a random weeknight your brain goes "remember that break up?" and you turn inside out from the cringe of the thought.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

I don't understand what Lucie sees or saw in Tommie.
    She's a stunning looking girl, and he's average looking and a bit of a fool.
    Its odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I don't understand what Lucie sees or saw in Tommie.
    She's a stunning looking girl, and he's average looking and a bit of a fool.
    Its odd.

Average looking? Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Tommy is definitely not average looking! He's the best looking guy they have this year in my opinion.

Advertisement