Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

For as little as Marvin brought I actually only began to like him with how he handled being dumped.

The minute he noticed Maura was upset ran over to her, even though she was more upset with the Curtis craic.

Probably is a decent lad just too quiet for this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Curtis can never just be straight (yeah yeah insert joke here) . I mean he can never just say I like or i don't like . Its always oh im going to get to know both of you. He's all ..... 'oh they ALL have lovely bottoms!'
    And he would call them all 'young ladies' in a sleazy way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

gmisk wrote: »
    I would like to pair up with....Marvin (the cat)

Tbh he’ll probably spend the first 5 weeks hiding under the bed cos he’s scared of his own shadow, but it’ll be worth it in the end cos he’s a sweetie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Adamocovic wrote: »
    For as little as Marvin brought I actually only began to like him with how he handled being dumped.

The minute he noticed Maura was upset ran over to her, even though she was more upset with the Curtis craic.

Probably is a decent lad just too quiet for this show.

Yeah he’s a very decent guy. That was such a kind thing to do even though it was her fault he was being booted. He seems really genuine and nice.

Think he would have had a very different experience and been a lot more popular if he had been put in at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Ah Maura is dreadful now, the novelty has well and truly worn off. Go home.

She was really good craic, now she's just making a show of herself throwing herself at anyone that seems to have somewhat acceptable vital functions. The whole Curtis fad is just too much to buy into.
    And you could clearly see that Francesca wasn't into Curtis really but it is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Curtis still creepin’ around and being duplicitous as ever. Horrible yoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Tbh he’ll probably spend the first 5 weeks hiding under the bed cos he’s scared of his own shadow, but it’ll be worth it in the end cos he’s a sweetie
    I have had worse relationships

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Didnt she dump him? Along with her pal on a double dump???
    And you feel sorry for her?
    Did you see what she said to Curtis just before the end credits. Snake

How what she said in the end credits being a snake?

Curtis said the door isn't closed. Why should she just stop pursuing someone who says there's a chance because someone else picked them?

If someone isn't sure and likes two people they don't just have to stick with the person who chooses them to couple up with. It's not like Francesca owns him now since she chose him.

LirW wrote: »
    Not posting a picture but my little lad's name is Marvin too! And he's 9 next Tuesday :D

I love your cat.
    I think this is Marvin fanclub now.

Ahhh <3 my Marvin is just gone 1. My bf got him for me for my bday last year (birthday is on Saturday) and he was 8 weeks at the time. We very quickly became crazy cat people and got another cat a couple of months later. Their full names are Marvin Sanchez and Sweet Franco Jones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

The way Curtis was talking to Franny what's her name there actually creeped me out a little. Thought he was going to grab her for a kiss and it all seemed so sleazy when he suggested she be "rewarded"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

I know everyone’s devo over the loss of Marvin, but here’s a picture of my cat who’s also called Marvin. I think he’s just as handsome and definitely more interesting.

Your cat couldn’t hold a candle to Marvin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Now I'm sitting here thinking: Amy Hart, you didn't dodge a bullet there, you dodged a barrage of missiles.

She’s no snake, Curtis isn’t in a relationship, Francesca picked him. Maura is right to go for what she want, she’s doing absolutely nothing wrong.

vladmydad wrote: »
    Your cat couldn’t hold a candle to Marvin

Most likely not since he doesn’t have opposable thumbs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Abel Ruiz wrote:
    Didnt she dump him? Along with her pal on a double dump??? And you feel sorry for her? Did you see what she said to Curtis just before the end credits. Snake

Yes she did, wasn't the best idea she ever had, and yes I feel sorry for her.
    She isn't a snake at all. She hasn't done a thing wrong. Francesca went for him knowing full well that Maura liked him. Maura is just making sure Curtis knows how much she likes him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

The way Curtis was talking to Franny what's her name there actually creeped me out a little. Thought he was going to grab her for a kiss and it all seemed so sleazy when he suggested she be "rewarded"
    Looks like he's gone from being gay to Mr. Sleeze...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Did Maura ignore you one night in Ballymahon or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,650 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Curtis can never just be straight (yeah yeah insert joke here) . I mean he can never just say I like or i don't like . Its always oh im going to get to know both of you. He's all ..... 'oh they ALL have lovely bottoms!'

He's morphing from Fr Ted to Pat Mustard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Curtis is very dislikeable. Always has a longing to be everyone's friend and liked by all. Something very false and smug about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Maura doesn’t like Curtis at all would she get off the stage!

Not liking Maura at all.

Ovie and Amber would be class winners!

• Advertisement

Nearly forgot, heard some gossip today about Curtis. When he was on Ireland’s version of Strictly (? I genuinely didn’t even know he was on til today!) he was riding rings around him with the other dancers and contestants. Heard this from a friend of mine who’s friends with one of the “celebs” who was on it last year.

What does riding rings around him mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I like the new girl Fran, think her and Curtis will work.

Maura is a horrible yoke, time she got purged from the villa. I'd like Anthon to win, but it looks more and more like Tommy and Molly will take it.

Things would have gotten a little stale if fran hadnt picked Curtis.

Also I love Chris he’s hilarious. A proper Made in Chelsea head. He’ll definitely be on another show soon. Even the hop he did on the staircase, he’s gas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think Curtis is dead to Maura now. I would not want to be him facing Maura. And his conversation with Francesca on the bedroom gave me the creeps. The glow has definitely dissipated off Curtis.

Feel sorry for Marvin, I think he had potential, he was just too slow to show his personality.

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    What does riding rings around him mean?

Riding everyone in sight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

dudara wrote: »
    I think Curtis is dead to Maura now. I would not want to be him facing Maura. And his conversation with Francesca on the bedroom gave me the creeps. The glow has definitely dissipated off Curtis.

Feel sorry for Marvin, I think he had potential, he was just too slow to show his personality.

Not at all, Maura will make even more of a show of herself going after Curtis.

Marvin got no air time and was always going.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Newdawn11

Why did the new lad need to ask amber for a chat later? And why do they all have to ask for them? Surely if they’re living with each other all day chats should happen naturally?

YES!! All this ‘can I pull you for a chat’ nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fuzzy1

gmisk wrote: »
    Marvin the hottest guy in there and seems sound...pity :(

Are people joking when they say this guy is hot. I’m not seeing this at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Newdawn11 wrote:
    YES!! All this ‘can I pull you for a chat’ nonsense.
    I think those are the scripted parts. They're told to who to have a chat with and what they'll talk about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Of all the appicants for the show, how did they come up with these two.
    Francesca has a mouth for cooling soup and Chris is just Nick Grimshaw. Still, I’m glad she picked Curtis for the dramz. I feel weird saying this but if he didn’t speak the way he does, I’d find Curtis attractive :O

Advertisement