Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

razorblunt wrote: »
    Has to be scripted, if not, Tommy is an arséhole of the highest order for deliberately dropping his friend in it. The whole “it wasn’t ME who did it” sounded so forced though.

He's done it before. Nice lad. But not all there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,650 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

razorblunt wrote: »
    Has to be scripted, if not, Tommy is an arséhole of the highest order for deliberately dropping his friend in it. The whole “it wasn’t ME who did it” sounded so forced though.

It's the kind of stuff we've all probably seen from that friend with his first proper girlfriend and tells her everything and had no idea where to draw the line. Cos he's a dope like a rabbit in the headlights.

"But we tell each other everything!"
    "No..you tell her everything. Cop on"

Jordan has the cop on that most of the rest of us do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,650 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

vladmydad wrote: »
    Great. The American version of these shows are so much more cutthroat. All about strategies, allegiance and getting rid of your enemies.

Hopefully the Australian love island will be shown. It was brilliant last year.

Full of Australians though, unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Was it Tommy that converted €46 to £25? Dope

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fuzzy1

Why do they bother with all the srcipted stuff it’s so fecking obvious there might be more dramas if they just let things happen naturally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭unichick

So scripted. It seemed Belle already knew about it as she had a face on her during the dinner & when they were talking about loyalty. Not sure why Anton did it. He had steak & gave his number to a burger. Had to be egged on by producers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

unichick wrote: »
    So scripted. It seemed Belle already knew about it as she had a face on her during the dinner & when they were talking about loyalty. Not sure why Anton did it. He had steak & gave his number to a burger. Had to be egged on by producers.
    Especially when he doesn't even have access to his own phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Public are hardly going to turn on Anton for something so silly.

But it does give Belle enough to dump him and still get some sympathy within the villa.

Chris can console his first choice date.
    Maura then thinks everyone is over reacting, and belittles Chris for taking belle’s side.

Anton and Maura win love island.
    The only possible scenario that makes that qualify as “good scripting”

But Anton wouldn't touch Maura with a bargepole, he was the single long enough and they're not even remotely fond of each other.
    Also while Anton is gas she's falling out of public favour because she's so desperate.

Having seen Anton arguing before he has no issue dismantling the b*tch clique in some blitzkrieg fight on his own.
    Gotta respect that man.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Is it just me or is Curtis hopeless at pulling women? Playing one woman off another never works and just leads them to think he's an arsehole. Maura is already seeing it and is ready to move on.

He should have stuck with Amy.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Maura got a hang sangwictch.

That made me laugh! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Guess what I just saw. Remember Tom (lets see if she’s all mouth) who was with Maura, he’s in a tv add for jet2holidays, which was clearly made before he went in. Just shows most of the applicants for these shows are fame whores.

Maura is making me CRINGE, I actually can't watch anymore of her on screen. She had gone up in my estimations but she's gone way back down now. I've heard rumours she's a traveller, does anyone know if there's any truth to them? Nothing wrong with that of course but I'm curious. She sounds a lot like one.

Joanna talking about having children with Louis Vuitton backpacks with Michael made me wanna vom. I mean CHRIST. I would LOVE to see Amber back with him! She deserves so much better, but it would make great TV.

As for Ovie... can we please just crown him the sole winner and give him the £50,000??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Guess what I just saw. Remember Tom (lets see if she’s all mouth) who was with Maura, he’s in a tv add for jet2holidays, which was clearly made before he went in. Just shows most of the applicants for these shows are fame whores.

Is that news? Of course they’re fame whores, I don’t imagine there’s anyone who thought otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Guess what I just saw. Remember Tom (lets see if she’s all mouth) who was with Maura, he’s in a tv add for jet2holidays, which was clearly made before he went in. Just shows most ALL of the applicants for these shows are fame whores.

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Tommy is one thick boring bollocks, someone said it here before but it’s so obvious why he’s not interested in any other girl in there is cause Molly Mae looks like a traveller # his type.

Is Anna really 28?

She's acting like a child.

Jordan did the right thing. Tommy did a spa thing.

She’s 29, they celebrated her birthday in there.

I don’t understand why someone didn’t pick Marvin, he’s way better looking than Chris or Curtis and you would actually have a laugh with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

fin12 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why someone didn’t pick Marvin, he’s way better looking than Chris or Curtis and you would actually have a laugh with him.
    Eh, are we watching same show?
    He's as dull as dishwasher and awkward as a nun in a brothel.

To thine own self be true

Eh, are we watching same show?
    He's as dull as dishwasher and awkward as a nun in a brothel.

Well it’s obvious the producers told Francesca to pick Curtis to create another love triangle, she would be a lot better off picking Marvin or Chris.

I really like Jordan, even when that bitch Anna was pushing him for info he didn’t divulge. I like people who you know you can share stuff with and it will go no further.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

fin12 wrote: »
    I really like Jordan, even when that bitch Anna was pushing him for info he didn’t divulge. I like people who you know you can share stuff with and it will go no further.

That's probably only because he knew he couldn't trust her to keep her mouth shut after that time he told her what Danny said about Yewande.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Especially when he doesn't even have access to his own phone.

We’re supposed to believe that Anton was able to rattle off a Spanish phone number that he would never need to actually know because the phones are setup to communicate with other housemates and pre programmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Young Bruce Forsythe seems to like doing Lapdance with the guys !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ovie is the man haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Poor Jordan last night, he obviously learnt his lesson the last time that whatever he tells Anna is going to come out and he was valiantly trying to make up some story to shut her up. :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Poor Jordan last night, he obviously learnt his lesson the last time that whatever he tells Anna is going to come out and he was valiantly trying to make up some story to shut her up. :D:D:D:D

Lost all respect for him after taking her back, but he's redeemed himself a bit

Who looks like young Bruce Forsyth?! I missed that..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I was away in Eastern Europe for the week. I have been on Love Island Lockdown. Binge watched last night and this morning. What a show.

Danny and Jourdan = Last weeks' news
    Lucie = My darling babe, you will be sadly missed. Looking forward to seeing you on the Caroline Flack show tonight.

Blondie Bloke = Walkers Crisp deal still in negotiation
    Amy= OMFG. looking forward to the mental health specials. I can't help think there is more than meets the eye there. The tears did look genuine. I reckon she has enough of the place more than she had enough of Curtis. I have said it before, it must feel like a famine death ship at times. Also I got the distinct impression the rest of the contestants were happy she was going, she was wrecking their heads and being a bad buzz.
    Marvin = Very Unlucky, was a sound dude.

Remainers

Cringe of the Week = Dirty dancing, ffs that cwap was awful. The Poopah Scoopah moping around like a munchkin, how embarrassing for all involved. The state of Curtis, dragged up like the Mardi Gras. Francesca being forced to dance in front of complete strangers after knowing them for less than 24 hrs?

Newbies

Chris = He actually seems ok. But what the holy fook with his tatoos? Who gets a picture of a red indian all over their chest? Really?
    Francesca = Very meh altogether. The producers are genius's, " just pick Curtis as we want to keep Maura onside for another week or so"

Just finished Friday's show. Belt up and get ready for " rock the boat" producer intervention for the next few weeks.. I am hoping Anton gives them all a piece of his mind.

You'd have to be taking the babe Maura with a pinch of salt at this stage... but she is great TV. Jennifer Zamparelli Maguire can start watching her back... game on.

5762351.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Looking forward to seeing more of this babe, on da outside...

Lucie%2BRose%2BDonlan_beauty_01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Advertisement