Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It is what it is.

And you are what you are and aptly named yourself. At least you are very self aware..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

What's with all the tension in the thread. Can we not just enjoy the show, it opens a few doors with me own misses when she sees the good looking lads I may get lucky tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Adamocovic wrote: »
    What is with this? They say it constantly. Can't remember it being used at all in previous seasons.

'It Is What It Is'

-is an idiomatic phrase, indicating the immutable nature of an object or circumstance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hahah are you Irish

Tomas is Irish for Tommy
    Seosamh Irish for Joe
    Hahahah sorry was a play on that racist with his anti Yewande posts
    I am a Nordie I have an Irish passport honest!
    I did Spanish instead of Irish :)

'It Is What It Is'

-is an idiomatic phrase, indicating the immutable nature of an object or circumstance.

I must be the moron cause all day I've been reading your name as I am a Mormon hahah

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    I am a Nordie I have an Irish passport honest!
    I did Spanish instead of Irish :)

Don't worry mate I know about 15 Irish words them names included.

jluv wrote: »
    And you are what you are and aptly named yourself. At least you are very self aware..

Awe your schweeeeeeeet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What's with all the tension in the thread. Can we not just enjoy the show, it opens a few doors with me own misses when she sees the good looking lads I may get lucky tonight
    Front or back .....lol sorry couldn't resist

I agree back to the serious topic of love island we go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

'It Is What It Is'

Wondering did they secretly agree that it would be their catchphrase this season or just it caught on like fever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Awe your schweeeeeeeet.

First true words you spoke tonight:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Racist posts deleted and thread tidied up.

Any more mentions of "Cailín Dubh" or Yewande not being Irish will get a ban until Love Island is over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Mollie May is hot, looks well older than 19 mind. An instagram influencer, apparently a bit stuck up. Could bring fireworks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

For one of the Furys, Tommys personality is lacking, bit boring but probably nice enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sandz_066

Mollie May is hot, looks well older than 19 mind. An instagram influencer, apparently a bit stuck up. Could bring fireworks

From a bit of Instagram stalking she seems to be buddies with Rosie from last season who was a bit of a sh!t stirrer, so my hopes are high for MM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Influencer?

A clothes hanger at best.

Classy thread

If you were keeping up you'd clearly see it wasn't a regular posting the stuff and the actual people who are watching and posting were giving out to the person. The person who said the things was posting for the first time and was one of many who come in here and to other reality tv show threads looking to ruffle feathers.

Don't see what you aim to get constantly coming in here having a pop. Suppose I'm giving you what you want with a reply.

If that's what it takes to make you happy so be it. It is what it is.

Lucie Rose Donlan.

Total player, full of it. The mag deal Queen. For starters.

Poor Tommy is waaaay out of her league. She don't do no boxers, no matter what she says.

https://www.lucierosedonlan.com/

https://www.instagram.com/lucierosedonlan/

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

All the talk about none of the couples lasting I decided to scope how the Aussies fared. I didn't expect any to be together a year on but some were gas and done within 2 weeks after!

There was one couple surprisingly still together (
    Josh and Amelia
    ) which is quite funny as they didn't win it and others in the house and watching accused the girl of faking her feelings for the guy and being a game player, just using his feelings and knowing he would be popular.

Way late to this so apologies but
    Tayla and Dom
    got together shortly after the show ended & are still together !

buswankers wrote: »
    Way late to this so apologies but
    Tayla and Dom
    got together shortly after the show ended & are still together !

So even though the Aussie's were crazier, fought more, formed more cliques, having sneaky kisses behind their partners back they still had more lasting couples than the UK ones trying to come across all nice and mature haha!

So tonight spoiler just dropped and it looks juicy hahah. Stay off the Twitter's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

I'm out tonight. Raging. Have it on record!

Listen if Curtis isn't trying to teach people a few moves or doing some himself tonight I'm refusing to believe he even is a pro dancer.

Listen if Curtis isn't trying to teach people a few moves or doing some himself tonight I'm refusing to believe he even is a pro dancer.

https://youtu.be/_VMX8t292DM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975cf93cbb534479503631a81f&rid=giphy.gif

Ok so maybe Curtis is genuine when he's giving advice since he's used to it. Could see it on those clips.

I'm still reluctant to call any of the contestants fully genuine but maybe...just maybe

Ok so maybe Curtis is genuine when he's giving advice since he's used to it. Could see it on those clips.

I'm still reluctant to call any of the contestants fully genuine but maybe...just maybe

All I want is a little of mind games, loads of tensions, breakdowns galore and visuals on a more dysfunctional relationship then me own.

Is it too much to ****ing ask for

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BoredwithLife

Hey everyone.

The expression "IT IS WHAT IT IS" can be classified as an Oxymoron as well as an idiom.

It is words that contradict each other.

New to the this forum by the way. Love Island Forever.

'It Is What It Is'

Hey everyone.

The expression "IT IS WHAT IT IS" can be classified as an Oxymoron as well as an idiom.

New to the this forum by the way. Love Island Forever.

Hey everyone.

Your getting very technical.

An oxymoron is a contradiction in terms …. no ?

I thought an oxymoron was a paradox inside a convoluted parabola ?

Or is it ?

It either is what it is or it isn't it what it isn't is, isn't it ?

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON

"An oxymoron is a figure of speech containing words that seem to contradict each other. It's often referred to as a contradiction in terms. ... A common oxymoron is the phrase "the same difference." This phrase qualifies as an oxymoron because the words "same" and "difference" have opposite meanings."

"It is what it is" simply stating the obvious but also can mean a sense of helplessness.

If they are using this expression a lot on Love Island this means that some contestants are just very vulnerable in their romantic choosings.

Advertisement