Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I only saw the clip of Joanne grabbing Michael by the face this morning. That's a bit excessive.
    The lad would be better off without either of them at this stage.

I hope Ovie shacks up with that brunette thats after him and they end up being a firecracker of a couple as I'd love to see him win at this stage.
    It's getting to be anyone but Molly Mae now (or Anna, or Amber, but less so Amber).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I just caught up on the start of last night’s show now.

Why was Michael giving it loads of “what have I got to stay for” and “who said I wasn’t leaving with you” to Joanna if ultimately he didn’t leave?

Did I miss something?

Why was Michael giving it loads of “what have I got to stay for” and “who said I wasn’t leaving with you” to Joanna if ultimately he didn’t leave?

Did I miss something?

Producers probably dangled a carrot made of cash in front of him. He knows he won't win so may have had a guaranteed sum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Did I miss something?
    He wanted it to come across like he wanted to go...but to be honest he had no intention whatsoever of walking with her.
    Also the fact she got a bit thick when he never explicitly said he was going to walk with her gave him the perfect opportunity/excuse to stay (he literally said some rubbish about seeing if they can build on their rship....when they are apart....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭unichick

Come on Limerick! Can't wait to see what Greg is going to be like. He's only 24. Not sure he'll turn Maura's head. She seems to be set on Curtis for some bizarre reason. He is so unfanciable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

I'm going to have a guess and say the new Irish lad is a complete fool and will be out the door as soon as he comes in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Angliru wrote: »
    I'm going to have a guess and say the new Irish lad is a complete fool and will be out the door as soon as he comes in.
    Thats a bit harsh he hasn't even done anything yet. But anyone coming in now is really up against it, it's too late. He could easily be out in a few days. He plays rugby though, so that's a strike against him...:pac:

his hair...looked.....errr interesting (a bit like that other new guys)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Did I miss something?

He totally froze. It all happened so quickly. The fact remains he was in two minds about going so he didn't go. He is goosed now. The producers totally screwed him. They started pushing his buttons from the moment Joanna went in. She was definitely told to go for Michael, there were easier options like Anton or even Jordan. Michael got duped too, they wound him up with the Ambaa wears the Troosers Jibe. He completely dropped the ball. It has to go down as one of the biggest reality TV howlers of all time.

He was favourite to win it before Casa Moro. Butter Fingers.

Why he didn't just snog Joanna and then pick Ambaa I will never know. In fairness to Joanna she is a foxy babe, so he just got stung. Ouch. He should walk now before it is all too late. he is going to be the village idiot in there in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Similar comments about Maura and her accent before she even featured in an actual episode. Hopefully he's a bitta craic

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    He totally froze. It all happened so quickly. The fact remains he was in two minds about going so he didn't go. He is goosed now. The producers totally screwed him. They started pushing his buttons from the moment Joanna went in. She was definitely told to go for Michael, there were easier options like Anton or even Jordan. Michael got duped too, they wound him up with the Ambaa wears the Troosers Jibe. He completely dropped the ball. It has to go down as one of the biggest reality TV howlers of all time.

He was favourite to win it before Casa Moro. Butter Fingers.

Why he didn't just snog Joanna and then pick Ambaa I will never know. In fairness to Joanna she is a foxy babe, so he just got stung. Ouch. He should walk now before it is all too late. he is going to be the village idiot in there in the meantime.
    Er he is a grown man....he totally screwed himself.
    His constant shouting of "chaldish" was in a word...childish.

If he had gone back into the main house and explained to Amber he had more of a connection with Joanna it would have been ok, instead he ran her down pointing out her flaws, and taking no responsibility for his choices.

The "sit down" order yesterday was a new low even for him.

gmisk wrote: »
    Er he is a grown man....he totally screwed himself.
    His constant shouting of "chaldish" was in a word...childish.

If he had gone back into the main house and explained to Amber he had more of a connection with Joanna it would have been ok, instead he ran her down pointing out her flaws, and taking no responsibility for his choices.

The "sit down" order yesterday was a new low even for him.

I totally agree, but I also think the producers get in their ears.

He is rude and is getting caught out, however I can't help feel that he is getting gaslighted or conflicting advice from the producers. His entire show has literally capitulated in the space of two weeks. He has to have been thinking he was doing everything right.

I hear there is a clip going around of Joanna grabbing his face? I would love to see that one.

If the producers are telling Ambaa to go for him, telling Joanna that Ambaa is going for him and that maybe Michael is having second thoughts and then telling Michael that the public are loving how he dropped Ambaa you have a perfect storm.

Shouting at Ambaa to " sit down " stinks of stress. He must have been getting pissed off with her trying to spoil everything. I am defending him I know, but I don't think it is all his doing. He got played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭unichick

Just spoke to someone whose boyfriend knows him and he's supposed to be a lovely lad. Out of a long term relationship. A good guy. Hoping he'll do us proud!

The "sit down" from Michael, was definitely wrong, just another wrong (from both of them) in a relationship with Amber that the producers are pushing on Amber and him as being right for them. All so they can fill 1 hour a day for the next couple of weeks.

I could see where he was coming from, he initially said "sit with us?", he had obviously taken it upon himself to be as straight and direct as possible but that backfired instantly when she asked what he said which seemed to be a genuine mishearing on her part.

If you were either of their families you'd be wanting them kept well apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Michael and Amber are completely toxic, and she needs to "crack on" with someone else or just leave the show. I feel bad for her - he is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Could you imagine the backlash if a bloke went on like Amber,

Constantly chasing a girl that has no interest, People would be up in arms calling him a creepy stalker, with women's groups commentating ten a penny,

Although I blame the girls more than Amber as they keep filling her with false hope ,

Michael didn't deal with it well but you can understand why he was annoyed , he is not thick he knows the producers set it up for Joanne to get the boot in the hope he'd couple up with Amber ,
    He obviously felt for the 5th time he had to make it clear to everyone and there dog he is not interested in her, but he lost his cool doing it,
    He probably felt the fact Amber and other think there is hope is the only reason Joanne is gone ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

vladmydad wrote: »
    I actually think the producers should test Michael for steroid use

That would be as pointless as testing Anna's lips to see are they fake.

Esse85 wrote: »
    That would be as pointless as testing Anna's lips to see are they fake.

isn't he a fireman ?
    There randomly drug tested at least once a year in the UK, maybe the guys just in good shape,

isn't he a fireman ?
    There randomly drug tested at least once a year in the UK, maybe the guys just in good shape,

If they are tested it certainly wouldn't be "surprise" testing, you'd cycle through with planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I totally agree, but I also think the producers get in their ears.

He is rude and is getting caught out, however I can't help feel that he is getting gaslighted or conflicting advice from the producers. His entire show has literally capitulated in the space of two weeks. He has to have been thinking he was doing everything right.

I hear there is a clip going around of Joanna grabbing his face? I would love to see that one.

If the producers are telling Ambaa to go for him, telling Joanna that Ambaa is going for him and that maybe Michael is having second thoughts and then telling Michael that the public are loving how he dropped Ambaa you have a perfect storm.

Shouting at Ambaa to " sit down " stinks of stress. He must have been getting pissed off with her trying to spoil everything. I am defending him I know, but I don't think it is all his doing. He got played.

There you go......

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    If they are tested it certainly wouldn't be "surprise" testing, you'd cycle through with planning.

It's a random test ,
    I'm not sure why everyone thinks he is on Roids,
    He's a young man who's been training hard since his teens ,people can get in that shape,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

I think there are serious double standards going on in this villa and when you see the reactions of the public and media outside, you really see the sheer hypocrisy of it.

People going mad at Michael over telling Amber to sit down, do people forget what she was like towards Danny when Yewande left and how arrogant she herself came across then. People accusing him of Gaslighting her when all he wants her to do is leave him alone and get the message. If it was the other way around, people would be referring to Michael as a fool for continuing to pursue her.

Some of the behavior of the likes of Anna, Amber, Amy, Molly Mae has been absolutely ridiculous and when you see the lads getting serious abuse for less, you have to wonder where this is all going overall

Prime example would Lucie and Joe where he was accused of controlling and abusive behavior only for it later to come to light that she did in fact like Tommy and he was right to have concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

There you go......

Now reverse this, with him grabbing her face like that!!! There would be outrage. He’d be kicked off and probably charged.

She can grab me by the chin and slap me around any time she likes, I am pro bono when it comes to babes like Joanna, believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

She can grab me by the chin and slap me around any time she likes, I am pro bono when it comes to babes like Joanna, believe.

There's something very creepy about the way you word things!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Amber’s problem is herself. Obviously the girls are telling her how great she is and how could he not fancy her, but that’s only because they’re terrified of her.
    She can’t accept that being good looking doesn’t automatically equal attractive, you need to not be a heinous biatch also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Telly wrote: »

There's something very creepy about the way you word things!!!

IAMAMORAN is like a love island cast member; constantly going up and down in people's estimations.

One day I'm nodding along in agreement with their posts, the next I'm like "what the actual fcuk?!"

Creeping out is optional.

Freaking out is a fundamental requirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Michael didn't leave because they have all signed contract's and to leave without being voted off will break the contract and lose any fee and may cause other contract troubles....Its been this way since season 1 and it keeps up the pressure on the contestants
    Two weeks he will be out with a paycheck....why throw that away now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Creeping out is optional.

Freaking out is a fundamental requirement.
    You've made this thread as far as I'm concerned, fair play!

Advertisement