Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

SusieBlue wrote: »
    He isn’t permatanned, doesn’t wax his eyebrows, and appears to have his own teeth.

He’s naturally handsome compared to at least half the other lads in the villa.

Think he is a rugby player probably Missing one or 2 haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

How stuck for material are they if they drag out Greg to the next episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mon Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Mon Limerick
    Liam and Greg in the one year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

Show is gone boring as hell now, Tommy and Molly add nothing to it, hope they don't win.

Chris doing 'the salmon' was the highlight of tonights episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

The last week or so is always boring as couples see the end/money in sight. There’s no drama and it’s full of ‘you mean so much to me’ ‘I’m so glad I met you’ ‘I’m falling for you’ ****e. We are getting to that stage now unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Greg is gorgeous!

And Chris is growing on me, he’s funny, I laughed out loud at his salmon! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Have not watched Love Island in 2 nights since the Anton supermarket/nightclub girl debacle. Just reading the posts here to keep up. Keep up the good work!

Doesn't look like it's got anymore interesting to go back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

When does tonight's episode go up on the player, does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I've much more respect for Amba this past few days than I had before.
    Can see it was all defence mechanisms before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Amber just brings out this side in me that wants to say “grow up and step back”. She is not helping herself here. Her and Michael are now rubbing each other up the wrong way, and they need to keep as much space as possible.

I really hate commenting on people’s appearances, but those lips this evening were atrocious. Do young women genuinely think that that looks attractive?

And +1 for Chris. He’s showing a good, fun side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Why has young Bruce Forsythes brother got such an input in to the show. Dont notice that with any of the other contestants relations. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

What did i miss??
    Only seen limerick lad walking in

Why has young Bruce Forsythes brother got such an input in to the show. Dont notice that with any of the other contestants relations. ?

Ha ha @Bruce Forsyths brother.

What about has AJ had apart from being in aftersun this week?
    AJ and the Flack were seen wearing the face off each other at strictly wrap party last year...but I doubt thats Any thing to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

368100 wrote: »

Ha ha @Bruce Forsyths brother.

What about has AJ had apart from being in aftersun this week?
    AJ and the Black were seen wearing the face off each other at strictly wrap party last year...but I doubt thats Any thing to do with it
    Hes constantly on TV programmes defending Bruce. And all over the press and face book etc making excuses for Bruce and predicting what brucey will do next. Very unfair to the others. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can't unsee Chris' tattoo imbalance on just one shoulder now.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Thesiger

In 35 years I’ve never known or heard of an Irishman called Greg. It’s unfathomable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Has anyone watched the US version? Think it started last week.

hefferboi wrote: »
    Has anyone watched the US version? Think it started last week.

I think I saw an ad for virgin two saying coming soon??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Thesiger wrote: »
    In 35 years I’ve never known or heard of an Irishman called Greg. It’s unfathomable.

I know 3 Greg’s. One being a cousin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Thesiger wrote: »

Maybe its a country thing - I know a good few Greg's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

messrs wrote: »

Maybe its a country thing - I know a good few Greg's

I can only imagine you know the same people. Now the OP mentions it I can't think of an Irish Greg. I'm not arguing, I'm sure they exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Greg has/had a girlfriend, she didn't know he was going in until saw the ad. 100 percent true info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Greg has/had a girlfriend, she didn't know he was going in until saw the ad. 100 percent true info!

I have mutual friends with him, he's just out of a long term relationship a couple of months. He may have been seeing someone but he definitely doesn't have a girlfriend at the moment and didn't dump someone to go on the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

They all have partners or phuck buddies at least before they go on that show.

I would imagine it is requirement to say you are single. But the fact remains that you can get substantial economic benefits from having a good run on the show. The likes of Maura, Curtis, Molly, AMY, Tommy, Anton possibly Belle, Ambaa etc can all now expect to be getting 5-6 figure deals from the magazines for starters. That is serious wedge to someone in their 20's.

Out of that bunch the media will take a champion and feed off them like a rockstar. Your talking magazines, morning and afternoon show tripe, slipping into crappy gameshows etc. It is nice money all of a sudden.

That is before the clothing deals, make up deals etc. Didn't the dopey doctor from last year land himself a sportscar? Very nice thank you.

Your ex partner won't be able to keep up, unless they are famous themselves.

"I just feel like our lives are moving in a different direction at the moment"

Apart from all that, any existing partners before the show are now eating different gravy. The cosy movie nights on the couch are over, their former unknown partners are now in the mainstream media, daily. I would imagine it becomes a stretch after a while. The likes of Ambaa or Anton are going to be doing nightclub appearances until after Christmas. You just couldn't be going steady with the likes of that. The booze, the banger , the late nights etc, it would definitely put a strain on the relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Ovie, Anton, Chris, and Jordan all seem like genuinely really sound lads who you'd like to go for a pint with.

At times I feel like I'm looking at Jordan like a little brother saying "get away from that f*cking b*tch, you're too good for her!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Ovie is just the star of the show, love him. He seems so genuine. Amber must be shaking in her boots with two new girls that he will couple up with one of them and she will be toast.

I like Chris, he is coming out of his shell a little, his salmon made the show last night! Jordan seems nice, needs away from Anna, she is toxic.

MM is playing a good game but I think people are starting to cop onto it. Shes trying to replicate Dani from last year, the good girl but I think its an act.

Maura & Curtis are just a bizarre pairing, for show I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Thesiger wrote:

Yeah it's unusual round these here parts. My granny would say "that's a protestant's name".... Then again we had Bosco's own Gregory Graineóg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I reckon Maura and Tommy will do the best finically after leaving the show,

Maura will have the English media wanting her but then has the back up of coming home to Ireland and the chance at a load of gigs here,

Tommy promoter Frank Warren has already spoken about how it would take normally 12 to 15 unbeaten fights for him to build a decent profile and a following in boxing but because of the show he could headline a half decent event straight away when he comes.

I guess Curtis is a shoe in for dancing with the Star's in England now,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

SusieBlue wrote:
    I have mutual friends with him, he's just out of a long term relationship a couple of months. He may have been seeing someone but he definitely doesn't have a girlfriend at the moment and didn't dump someone to go on the show.

SusieBlue wrote:

Yep someone is seeing him but obvs wasn't official on his end and a shock her end

Advertisement