Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

gmisk wrote: »
    Sky cut off again before the end!!!
    Maura got a text about recoupling did anything else happen after it?!?

Happened to me too. If you set up the news after Love Island to record also, the beginning of that recording will catch the end of Love Island if that makes sense.

I didn’t think of it tonight though so I missed anything after Maura’s text also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The clip from tomorrow shows Michael and Greg left so obviously Amber has last choice.
    So who does Francesca go with?

Nope. Amber picks 2nd last and whoever is left will be paired with either Francesca or Sloths daughter.
    OK so.. No one dumped out then?
    That makes sense.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

Before one of the breaks last night, when showing what's coming next, it looked like Ovie stormed off after seeing something he didn't like.
    That made me think indie kissed Chris, then there was no reference to this when the show resumed.
    Did anyone notice this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Esse85 wrote: »
    Before one of the breaks last night, when showing what's coming next, it looked like Ovie stormed off after seeing something he didn't like.
    That made me think indie kissed Chris, then there was no reference to this when the show resumed.
    Did anyone notice this?

Yeah and the pause after Chris said "he wants to kiss" her. When it played through she instantly responded by saying she feels awkward. More shíte editing (though deliberate) this time.

Loving Greg chopping Mick's name up too. I'd almiost bet that's going to grate on him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I don't want but enjoy the thread, did Amber pick Michael? or do we have to wait until tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

pc7 wrote: »
    I don't want but enjoy the thread, did Amber pick Michael? or do we have to wait until tonight?
    We have to wait until tonight...but it is clearly going that way IMO

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

oh no, she's a fecking ejit, hopefully just editing making it look that way and the Irish win out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I agree with whoever it was that says she deserves everything coming to her if she even entertains the idea of taking him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

Did they not do something like that 3 years ago with Terry and Malin? Don’t ask me how their names just came to me haha

They did, Malin was dumped from the island cos she was being a Grade A pain in the a*s but her and Terry or "Tel" :rolleyes: were prob the strongest couple in there at the time and he struggled with whether to go with her or not & moped around for I think maybe a few hours, new bird comes in (cant remember her name), couples up with Terry & next thing they're at it in the bedroom cowgirl style :D:D Malin had literally only left the villa 5 mins & Terry had sworn he'd wait for her!! They left it maybe a week & brought Terry & someone else out of the villa for a trip - dunno what, but Malin walked into the place they were....was serious popcorn tv!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Greg will default end up with the blonde Venus flytrap after amber picks Mike.

Didn't they make it look like the 2 lads were the last men standing and Amber picking?... I've not noticed if we have the same no. of boys and girls at mo.

• Advertisement

buswankers wrote: »
    They did, Malin was dumped from the island cos she was being a Grade A pain in the a*s but her and Terry or "Tel" :rolleyes: were prob the strongest couple in there at the time and he struggled with whether to go with her or not & moped around for I think maybe a few hours, new bird comes in (cant remember her name), couples up with Terry & next thing they're at it in the bedroom cowgirl style :D:D Malin had literally only left the villa 5 mins & Terry had sworn he'd wait for her!! They left it maybe a week & brought Terry & someone else out of the villa for a trip - dunno what, but Malin walked into the place they were....was serious popcorn tv!!

Yes... back when the show was more real and builders like Tel acted the bollix. That was a great season. Get rid of the feckin models & instastars for chrissakes. Bring back real humans, Greg for example has been a breath of fresh air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Didn't they make it look like the 2 lads were the last men standing and Amber picking?... I've not noticed if we have the same no. of boys and girls at mo.

There are the same amount. Greg and Michael are the last ones standing but neither will leave. Amber will pick one, and the other will couple up with the girl who was left til last.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Ambaa is such a ditz. Like she is gormless. If she picks Michael she will even lose my sympathy vote, If she had any sense she would pick the Greg fella... but that is just the thing, she has no sense.

What is worse was the glint in her eye while watching Michael grovel away, she was getting a kick out of it. How should she fancy him after the way he literally kicked her off the bus? Surely she sees through him?

That new blonde girl is awful looking, I am sorry but what is going on there? There is no nice way of saying that, but she is very very average looking. Like she has a face like tropical fish, that's it, she is a total fish face. How did she get on the show? What is happening there? I reckon she will pick Chris and that will be that. They must have been desperate for contestants.

I also thought the kiss between Ovie and India was pretty lame to be honest. Pecky wecky enough. Someone was only half feeling it, what is the chances India has a boyfriend?

It is on the wind down now, I heard before that there will be no lie detector tests this year? It's all Jeremy Kyle's fault. They should send him in there for a week to shout at them, be gas watching him cut loose at Michael...

Leslie91 wrote: »

They did but I think that was just more of the producers editing, there's 8 boys and 8 girls, 4 couples and 4 of each single, i.e. Amber, Francesca, Harley, India, Greg, Ovie, Michael & Chris.

Wont bother naming the couples as their pretty zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The way Amber has acted and Amy aswell tells me they buy into the whole "treat them mean, keep them keen" psychology.

Micheal is a green eyed manipulative little prick. I would say a dangerous man too. Some girls like the bad boy danger element I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The way Amber has acted and Amy aswell tells me they buy into the whole "treat them mean, keep them keen" psychology.

Micheal is a green eyed manipulative little prick. I would say a dangerous man too. Some girls like the bad boy danger element I guess.

Jesus people go a bit far don't they " I would say a dangerous man too"

It's a show that you have to try win 50 grand on,

If your coupled up and someone decided to bump you when a hotter chick how can you be surprised ?

Hotter chick leave's so he goes back to the first girl to stay in the show,

Its a "GAME "

Calling him Dangerous is way to far, you obviously get a bit caught up watching tv,

I hope it's the Producers playing games with Michael because he can't expect the 'Great British Public' and a few of us to believe;

1. he fancied Joanna more than Amber
    2. he still fancied Joanna more when she left
    3. he then decided not to change his mind on the above
    4. he then did change his mind and tell Amber he fancied her again and
    5. would chat with Joanna after exit anyway

They've really F'd him around... or maybe he figured (for himself) that doing the above was the best way to keep himself on telly.

Regardless hope Amber goes for Greg... she does need to be with a lad who will put her on that pedestal, kinda where she deserves to be at this moment in her life.

Link to First look from tonight's episode (don't click on it if you don't like spoilers!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAV7SM_5m-k

Hope it copied in right

ChikiChiki wrote: »

I wouldnt put Amber and Amy in the same "treat them mean, keep them keen" bracket.
    Amber yes most definitely, Amy nope not at all.
    Michael is a tit....Amber will pick him....id give it a month max after the show.

Greg could end up with Francesca by default.
    She's the most average and unexciting girl I've ever seen on LI.

• Advertisement

I actually think thats really harsh, she seems fairly normal and down to earth plus she didn't take the whole curtis picking Maura thing badly at all, she handled it in a mature normal way.

The new blond one with the weird lips and pout on the other hand....

I actually think thats really harsh, she seems fairly normal and down to earth plus she didn't take the whole curtis picking Maura thing badly at all, she handled it in a mature normal way.

The new blond one with the weird lips and pout on the other hand....
    I just think Francesca is out of her depth.
    She's too normal for that environment.
    She dresses and acts like any girl I know.
    I just think she's swallowed up in there by all the fake tan and white teeth.
    She's more suited to First Dates I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I wouldnt put Amber and Amy in the same "treat them mean, keep them keen" bracket.
    Amber yes most definitely, Amy nope not at all.
    Michael is a tit....Amber will pick him....id give it a month max after the show.

I think Amber should tell Michael to , buzz off, he treated her really badly when he met the new girl, and only now that the new girl is gone, he pretends he liked her all along, and I am guessing by the way she is reacting to him, that she wants him back, She deserves better,

I would disagree with you saying she is "average and unexciting", I would far rather see vaguely normal people in there like her and Greg any day over some ditzy idiot who "does instagram" for a living.
    I think she pretty striking looking, she would clean up on first dates (Which I love!).

goat2 wrote: »
    I think Amber should tell Michael to , buzz off, he treated her really badly when he met the new girl, and only now that the new girl is gone, he pretends he liked her all along, and I am guessing by the way she is reacting to him, that she wants him back, She deserves better,
    I agree big time, she is a fecking eejit if she entertains him (Didnt someone say straight away about him he is the definition of a f#ck boy?) he is a total tart.
    She wants him back you could tell by the smirks and looks etc...more fool her.

Hilariously there are also a lot of rumors online that Michael isn't a firefighter he in fact works in a gym....nothing wrong with that but he has heavily been leaning on the fact he is a firefighter...so much so he describes himself as a hero....lol

I would disagree with you saying she is "average and unexciting", I would far rather see vaguely normal people in there like her and Greg any day over some ditzy idiot who "does instagram" for a living.
    I think she pretty striking looking, she would clean up on first dates (Which I love!).
    But Greg is a professional rugby player so he's hardly a random labourer off a building site.

But Greg is a professional rugby player so he's hardly a random labourer off a building site.
    I know that but he has an actual job (he is also trained/training to be a solicitor). There is some substance to him is what I am more getting at...unlike a lot of the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Francesca own's a boutique shop in London ,that is mostly used by the Towie , Made in Chelsea and the other C list celebs,
    She spends her Saturday night's out with these people and is also best mates with one of the lil Mix girls ,

She is just a bit dull but she is very much from the life style of fake tan and white teeth as you cal lit,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I think he is jealous of the Limerick lad, who seems to be a gentleman, I do hope she sticks with the Limerick fella,
    but I have my doubts, she is blindly in love with the Michael,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I know that but he has an actual job (he is also trained/training to be a solicitor). There is some substance to him is what I am more getting at...unlike a lot of the others.

Michael is a fireman, yet he seems to be the most self absorbed and disliked person in the villa.

Advertisement