Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I can't help thinking that Michael got really phucked by the producers..

The night Amber came back from Casa Moro he got grilled by Caroline. Anna had done the exact same thing and nothing was said.

They did not like him.

They also then portrayed him to be an arsehole for the next 2-3 weeks. Lets face it, they are all a gang of arseholes... it is easy to show it given how they allocate screen time, look what they did with Danny and Jourdan.

Just saw that clip there, fishwife going nuts at MM will be sublime....

It’s gas how you always come up with your own narrative from absolutely nowhere. You never seem to believe, despite everything that we’ve been shown, that the woman in any given situation is in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

You’re only gorgeous I’m sure

We've all said worse.
    We can't get on the high horse at this late stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

They must have got the Concorde. Michael and Francesca are on the aftersun tonight and they only got kicked out 15mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    We've all said worse.
    We can't get on the high horse at this late stage

Who's "we"? Most of the posters on here haven't...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It’s gas how you always come up with your own narrative from absolutely nowhere. You never seem to believe, despite everything that we’ve been shown, that the man in any given situation is in the wrong.

You will be accusing me of being sexist next....

Maybe I just like sticking up for the underdog sometimes?

To keep my response balanced I would have to say that Michael acted like a shít for brains the last 2-3 weeks. But he went for it and he failed horribly. His biggest mistake was not walking with Joanna, although he was probably securing his appearance fee and his contract there.

He had become too much of a steady eddy so the producers made him into Dr Evil, and they dragged it out and got a good 2-3 weeks of it. I would say if the marketing and PR vultures don't like a contestant your gone, it is a harsh game.

• Advertisement

I feel really sorry for Francesca. Thought she was a naturally beautiful girl and of say she was good fun especially after seeing unseen bits last night. Michael "tried" to play the game and lost big time..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

jluv wrote: »
    I feel really sorry for Francesca. Thought she was a naturally beautiful girl and of say she was good fun especially after seeing unseen bits last night. Michael "tried" to play the game and lost big time..

I cant still figure out who she looks like, it's like a mix of Amy winehouse, Emelia Clark (the eyebrow thing ha) and Lady Gaga but that's my opinion ye could say completely different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Is Anton’s mum plastered on After Sun?

Anton's mum is an all time legend. What a character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Anton's mother seemed very odd...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Heat_Wave wrote:
    Is Anton’s mum plastered on After Sun?

No idea what she was saying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Antons mam has been on the sherry

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

Mick and Joanna about to be reunited on Aftersun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

Lackey wrote: »
    Antons mam has been on the sherry

Ai

My favorite couple of the entire series is Tom and Maura. He was comedy gold, he would get himself into situations without even trying. And when she let him have it and he just stood there, when she copied his mumbling was the highlight of the show. I’ll come talk to ya in 5mins when you’ve calmed down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Do people ever get bad receptions on aftersun? Would’ve thought Michael would’ve got a frosty enough one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

You will be accusing me of being sexist next....

Maybe I just like sticking up for the underdog sometimes?

To keep my response balanced I would have to say that Michael acted like a shít for brains the last 2-3 weeks. But he went for it and he failed horribly. His biggest mistake was not walking with Joanna, although he was probably securing his appearance fee and his contract there.

He had become too much of a steady eddy so the producers made him into Dr Evil, and they dragged it out and got a good 2-3 weeks of it. I would say if the marketing and PR vultures don't like a contestant your gone, it is a harsh game.

Well if the shoe fits...!

You just have a habit of making excuses for any of the guys’ bad behaviours, while not allowing the girls the same luxury. I agree with lots you have to say, and I enjoy lots of your posts so don’t even bother trying to accuse me of having an agenda. It just seems that you take the girls at face value i.e. exactly what the producers have chosen to show us, whereas you regularly question how the guys have been portrayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Michael is full of crap and very insecure.

He hadn't the confidence in himself that Amber wouldn't recouple so he did just in case.

He also cared too much about other people's opinions.

Seems like even now he's trying to hedge his bets and keeps contradicting himself.

In all that Michael has done, I only saw him and Amber light up when they were together. I'm glad she didn't get back with him but I do think they were very attracted to each other..

Anton's Ma is a total scream. More of her please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

First time Caroline Flack has ever done a good interview but she's not letting him away with much!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

Antons ma is steaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Anton's Ma is a total scream. More of her please.

I didn’t understand what just happened there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Anton’s Mom has defo been on the grog.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Caroline Flack is one horrible person isn't she

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Michael is having a nightmare here hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Antons mam should be put in the villa ....with a pallet of booze

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Michael is having a nightmare here hahaha

His attempt at justifying his words about her leaving made as much sense as Anton's Mam. Although, I'd love to see Anton's Mam in the Villa she would break all the rules and make the show interesting again now that Michael/Amber gate is over.

Now we know the real reason why Anton entered live island. He needs the money to put his mom into a mental hospital!!

• Advertisement

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    I didn’t understand what just happened there??

She is hammered. Probably on the early train from Glasgow drinking wine all morning. Even the fast train takes over 6 hours. She was probably meant to be on the couch and she is so plastered they have thrown her into the audience instead. Class act.

Advertisement