Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

This episode is painful. Tabloids are full of ****. I didn't think that was a big secret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭History Queen

I'm a few minutes behind as watching recording but I'm assuming MM going to go nuts following that challenge. Felt quite sorry for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I'm not kidding, is Chris slightly on the spectrum? I have the feeling he struggles articulating how he feels and has odd ways on holding conversations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Trout face has reached Amy level of crazy. Chris needs to do a Curtis on it and tell her he cannot ever imagine having tadpoles with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Chris can do a lot better...off with ya moaner!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Bullseye Chris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,652 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I don't think Harley understood the premise of that game.

Not even sock puppets would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Oh s**t looks like there will be drama in the final week for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

It may have been stupid but Chris was just playing the game as it was meant to be rather than being fake and playing up to his couple.

Had he have thrown it at Maura and was right would there be any uproar?

Thought it was a crazy overreaction. Was what the tabloids wrote not what he thinks which is something she seems to be struggling to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

LirW wrote: »
    I'm not kidding, is Chris slightly on the spectrum? I have the feeling he struggles articulating how he feels and has odd ways on holding conversations.
    I don't know about being on the spectrum but he is a wee bit socially awkward occasionally.

So it's hinting that Jordan has a wee eye on India...well he did make a play for a girl when the girls went to Cafe amor...but there seems to have been skimmed over...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

mojesius wrote: »
    ah here, why is Curtis scrubbing Chris down in the shower?!

Any excuse and he's his hands all over the men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

I thought it was logical for Chris to make that prediction, sure The S*n would hardly run an article saying MM and Tommy are meant to be together it's not the stance tabloid newspapers take

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

Yes Jordy lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,451 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Her lips turn my stomach

gmisk wrote: »
    Is Ovie really loaded like?
    His last team was in Spain...
    (I have no idea what a basketball player in Europe would make I'd think a fraction of US player?)

Fraction of what US players make but you can still make serious cash.

Most Euro players easily can get 100k contracts and I know one of the top in Spain makes 1.5m a year.

Basketball is huge in Spain too. Many players like Ovie who miss out on being drafted in the NBA move to Europe and China as you make way way more than entering d-league in the states.

I'd say through in advertising and sponsorship and he's definitely made a pretty penny.

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't know about being on the spectrum but he is a wee bit socially awkward occasionally.

So it's hinting that Jordan has a wee eye on India...well he did make a play for a girl when the girls went to Cafe amor...but there seems to have been skimmed over...

If Jordan looks elsewhere clearly tactically as he's sussed out the public don't like Anna.

Still reckon just for show and nothing will come of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Is it not too late for Jordan to be looking to ditch Anna? Another re-coupling?

Why were Curtis and Maura only rattled by the manly thing and not the fake, staged, and biggest gameplayer things? Weird.

No worries Chris lad... She's not worth getting too upset about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Had to pause it and catch up there.

Harly took that completely the wrong way. I feel sorry for Chris. His explanation of the game made more sense than hers. He's better off without her anyway.

I wouldn't blame Jordan for changing his mind about Anna. She's not a nice person. But I do think he has changed his mind because he knows that the public aren't behind him and he knows it's because of her!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Esse85 wrote: »

Any excuse and he's his hands all over the men.
    Constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

alroley wrote: »
    Is it not too late for Jordan to be looking to ditch Anna? Another re-coupling?

Why were Curtis and Maura only rattled by the manly thing and not the fake, staged, and biggest gameplayer things? Weird.

I don’t think it is staged and perhaps they know it’s not so that part hasn’t entered their heads.
    But Curtas is probably feeling the ‘manly’ comment because he’s heard it before and Maura is annoyed cause it’s hurt Curtas?

Jordan bullshi!tting to Ana about how it doesn’t bother him that they are in the bottom three, then says he’s thinking about India ?
    It will help her with Ovie after the ‘in it for the 50k comments’ if she flat out turns down Jordan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Hmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

lawred2 wrote: »
    Her lips turn my stomach

Her lips turn down so much they can touch her stomach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭Underground

Found Chris so endearing tonight, just such a likeable dude. He's too good to be on that show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Found Chris so endearing tonight, just such a likeable dude. He's too good to be on that show.

Yeah he's just really awkward in his own way, he he sometimes struggles so much getting his point across but man, that flaw makes him pretty adorable.
    He has his heart in the right place bless him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just caught up this morning. I reckon the Jordan/India thing is just scripted nonsense to get something interesting going in the last week.

Poor oul Chris but at least he got an easy way out. Harlie is a dimwit god love her.

Ovie keeping his hat in the fridge to keep his head cool... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That argument Harley caused was so contrived. If Chris wasn't in on it it's very very harsh on him.
    There's been an absolute ton of toxic behaviour in this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Rikand wrote: »
    Her lips turn down so much they can touch her stomach

Its strange, I noticed her lips move more naturally (still weird) when she's talking to the camera but when she's talking to people, especially guys they make a Predator face when she stops talking. I don't know if its deliberate or not, as in, she attempting some ill thought out sultry look or something.

I often wonder if the Producers are not-so-subtly hinting at things with Curtis, you only get blink and you miss it type things but so far there's been jumping into Tommy's arms with his arms wrapped around his shoulders, shaving Tommy's arsé, washing down Chris' back, tackling Tommy into a cuddle on the bed to name a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Never liked Jordan. I'm delighted every time his undeservedly cocky smile is wiped off of his smug face :pac:

I can see Ovie is the nicest coolest guy in there who is quietly very funny and gives great advice. However, I'm not at all on board with all the OTT fanfare. He's pretty dull and boring.... with slightly creepy tendencies. But really just dull and boring, which is fine, it just doesn't warrant all the OTT fanfare. If you don't want to watch silly stupid overdramatic morons then why are you watching Love Island?

• Advertisement

DareGod wrote: »
    Never liked Jordan. I'm delighted every time his undeservedly cocky smile is wiped off of his smug face :pac:

I can see Ovie is the nicest coolest guy in there who is quietly very funny and gives great advice. However, I really don't get all the OTT love for him. He's pretty dull and boring.... with slightly creepy tendencies. But really just dull and boring, which is fine, it just doesn't warrant all the love. If you don't want to watch silly stupid overdramatic morons then why are you watching Love Island?

does not compute

Advertisement