Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

razorblunt wrote: »
    Its strange, I noticed her lips move more naturally (still weird) when she's talking to the camera but when she's talking to people, especially guys they make a Predator face when she stops talking. I don't know if its deliberate or not, as in, she attempting some ill thought out sultry look or something.

I often wonder if the Producers are not-so-subtly hinting at things with Curtis, you only get blink and you miss it type things but so far there's been jumping into Tommy's arms with his arms wrapped around his shoulders, shaving Tommy's arsé, washing down Chris' back, tackling Tommy into a cuddle on the bed to name a few.

I think Curtis is trying very hard to be like Chris from 2 years ago. Constantly rapping (especially on the unseen bits show), and trying to go overboard developing a bromance with Tommy like Chris and Kem. It’s fairly cringy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Is it just me or is Greg awkward with Amber. Either that or he’s not that into her.

Not sure how he could not be... she is stunning. Dare I say it he is punching.

1. Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Leslie91 wrote: »
        Is it just me or is Greg awkward with Amber. Either that or he’s not that into her.

Not sure how he could not be... she is stunning. Dare I say it he is punching.

Once the make up comes off she is not great at all. Looks very different imo.

1. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I was shocked last night at end when Jordan said he was feeling India. But remember he said he has slept with over 100 women, so maybe easily chopping and changing is what is normal for him. India is a lot prettier, sexier and nicer personality than Anna. But after being so into Anna all along, it just came out of nowhere. Maybe it’s just talk between boys that he doesn’t plan to take any further. Most lads would fancy India, and add to that he was saying they were clicking on personality. It’s good to have some drama in the final week, pity Michael wasn’t still in there to continue the love triangle story.

2. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I was shocked last night at end when Jordan said he was feeling India. But remember he said he has slept with over 100 women, so maybe easily chopping and changing is what is normal for him. India is a lot prettier, sexier and nicer personality than Anna. But after being so into Anna all along, it just came out of nowhere. Maybe it’s just talk between boys that he doesn’t plan to take any further. Most lads would fancy India, and add to that he was saying they were clicking on personality. It’s good to have some drama in the final week, pity Michael wasn’t still in there to continue the love triangle story.

He's trying to get the ultimate revenge on Ovie.
        If he genuinely thinks they have a connection it shows just how much the producers can hide.
        But it's looking like manipulation, give Jordan some cash to stir the hornets nest one last time as he now knows his and Anna's time in the villa is numbered, or at least nowhere near to winning.

3. Advertisement
      4. Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

Heard that Jordan only had the conversation with Curtis as part of a dare/challenge. Think Love Island is very bad for that this year. Most scandalous things they show us in the next episode turns out to be nothing at all.

5. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

SSeanSS wrote: »
        Heard that Jordan only had the conversation with Curtis as part of a dare/challenge. Think Love Island is very bad for that this year. Most scandalous things they show us in the next episode turns out to be nothing at all.

That's a really ****ty and mean challenge if true.

6. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I see Amy made the entire front page of OK magazine this week.

Nothing like a 6 figure mag deal exclusive to help you get over a 3 week long holiday romance. I knew it.

7. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

She was on Capital Radio in the UK this morning as carefully orchestrated as you'd get, she must have decent management behind her.

8. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please please please stop the "Curtis is gay" nonsense. I've deleted some recent posts.

I'm going to card anyone who mentions it again.

9. Advertisement
      10. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Another momentous occasion for freedom of speech.

Sublime the way the importuning from the PC brigade has led to items pertinent to the show being omitted from this thread. It is genuinely a pity. I can talk about it at the pub, the bus stop or over dinner.... but we can't discuss it as adults here.

11. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Jordan is not doing a secret challenge. Maura tells Anna what's going on and it's all gonna kick off.

12. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You're not the one getting many MANY reported posts complaining about people trying to sledgehammer "curtis is gay" into every second post.

WE GET IT. YOU THINK HE'S GAY.

13. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mr E wrote: »
        You're not the one getting many MANY reported posts complaining about people trying to sledgehammer "curtis is gay" into every second post.

WE GET IT. YOU THINK HE'S GAY.

Crazy that someone even reports it

OMG someone has a different opinion to me I best report him ,

Its PC gone mad someone said the word "GAY" how dare they ,

14. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Who cares whether he is or isn't? How is it even relevant? Why does it matter?

15. Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

alroley wrote: »
        Jordan is not doing a secret challenge. Maura tells Anna what's going on and it's all gonna kick off.

You better be right!

16. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Comments online that Greg had to leave to go home for a family emergency, dont know how true that is. Another comment that he was gone for 24 hours for a funeral but back now? We might see tonight what is happening, if anything on that front.

The Jordan/India things seems very far fetched. Even if he realises Anna is the main reason they are in the bottom, its too late now for either of them to win so why not stay put?!

17. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

LirW wrote: »
        I'm not kidding, is Chris slightly on the spectrum? I have the feeling he struggles articulating how he feels and has odd ways on holding conversations.

I would say he is smarter than the average bear and slightly dweebish. Definitely clever enough. He has been a great addition to the show.

It is a pity he was not in their longer, I would say the same about "evil" Joe also however. I think we only scratched the surface of both. I would say another week of Chris and all hell would break loose with his personality. Look at what happened with Amy ffs... The more I think about it , it is highly likely the producers keep big characters " in reserve" to make sure the show doesn't go stale as certain characters leave or get evicted. Like Maura was perfect to throw in there after 2 weeks, stir things up etc, she may not have been suited to being there from day 1.

What really annoys me is how sheltered Tommy and Molly Mae have become. They have been nailed on to win this show for weeks now... I still don't know what Tommy is like at all? I have a fair idea about Molly Mae, but the fact that they didn't push any of her buttons is frustrating. The two of them have just sailed through the show.

Tommy is an awful bore to be fair, what has he really bought to the party in the last 3-4 weeks? Shadow boxing at the breakfast bar? Pleeeaaaase. Trying to recreate a "bromance" with Curtis? Pleeeeaaaase. What else has he done? Oh yeah he asked Molly Mae to be his " girlfriend", like that took up 20 minutes of airtime... total cringefest and massively predictable.

I can't help but think that a lot of them were coached by a management company before they got on the show, how to act, what to do, what friendships to create etc.

18. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

lashes34 wrote: »
        Comments online that Greg had to leave to go home for a family emergency, dont know how true that is. Another comment that he was gone for 24 hours for a funeral but back now? We might see tonight what is happening, if anything on that front.

The Jordan/India things seems very far fetched. Even if he realises Anna is the main reason they are in the bottom, its too late now for either of them to win so why not stay put?!

Im actually of the opinion Jordan only stayed with Ann to try and win ,

He tried it on with the girl who left with Danny and everyone seems to have forgot . he got away with it , he only got back with Anna because if he didn't he thought he'd be gone ,

The whole making her his girlfriend with a few weeks to go to give him a bump with fans but I reckon now he realises they are not going to win he is actually going to be himself and go for the girl he fancies ,

Remember he said he had slept with over 100 women so he's a bit of a ladies man ,

19. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

SusieBlue wrote: »
        Who cares whether he is or isn't? How is it even relevant? Why does it matter?

I don't think anyone cares at all Susie, I certainly do not.

What is intriguing though is watching it develop, his inclusion as a character on a heterosexual reality TV show. I respect that this is not cast in stone, but anyone denying the underlying heterosexual tone to the show is being flippant or facetious.

For me its' relevance is how far someone will go to get on Television? Particularly given the tone of the show, his choice of partner, his treatment of his partner etc. It all just seems a little cosy to me.

Anyway, we are not allowed discuss these things ….

20. Advertisement
      21. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I don't understand why it's a taboo and why people are reporting posts on it.
        If he's not gay, he's bisexual. I called it the first episode I watched.

It would be relevant insofar as how it concerns his motivations and his relationships with those in the house.

22. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Not all camp/effeminate men are gay or bi. Some men are just like that. Curtis has grown up in an industry surrounded by women and probably a lot of gay men, so it's no wonder he's picked up some of their tendencies. I don't think it's necessarily indicative of him being gay. Similarly, his affection/tactility with the his male friends isn't that unusual IMO. More and more guys these days are like that around each other.

23. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Not all camp/effeminate men are gay or bi. Some men are just like that. Curtis has grown up in an industry surrounded by women and probably a lot of gay men, so it's no wonder he's picked up some of their tendencies. I don't think it's necessarily indicative of him being gay. Similarly, his affection/tactility with the his male friends isn't that unusual IMO. More and more guys these days are like that around each other.

I agree, but if it starts barking like a dog.....

I love a good pile-on as much as the next man, but the dude has been all over it.

24. Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

lashes34 wrote: »

Sadly it seems his grandmother died. RIP

25. Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I don't think anyone can really comment and say Curtis is either this or that with his sexuality. No one really knows other than himself.

The way he carries himself seems the norm for his profession and upbringing. Doesn't really tell you much. I had heard rumours of him going both ways and being a bit of a player from people with connections to Ireland's Dancing with the Stars but as always that could just be nonsense rumours.

Suppose it's at the mods discretion, and maybe I've missed some bad posts but I haven't really seen people insulting Curtis or saying there's anything wrong with whatever sexuality he is, rather speculating. I don't personally have a problem with it. Speculating about everything is the show really.

People post some pretty harsh and vile things about contestants looks and personalities. Think that's way worse than people speculating over someones sexuality, once it's speculating and not insulting.

Same thing happened in Aussie version with one contestant. Can't remember as much of a backlash towarss the speculation but I could be wrong. He was even questioned about it after the show in interviews.

26. Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

IAMAMORON wrote: »
        I would say he is smarter than the average bear and slightly dweebish. Definitely clever enough. He has been a great addition to the show.

It is a pity he was not in their longer, I would say the same about "evil" Joe also however. I think we only scratched the surface of both. I would say another week of Chris and all hell would break loose with his personality. Look at what happened with Amy ffs... The more I think about it , it is highly likely the producers keep big characters " in reserve" to make sure the show doesn't go stale as certain characters leave or get evicted. Like Maura was perfect to throw in there after 2 weeks, stir things up etc, she may not have been suited to being there from day 1.

What really annoys me is how sheltered Tommy and Molly Mae have become. They have been nailed on to win this show for weeks now... I still don't know what Tommy is like at all? I have a fair idea about Molly Mae, but the fact that they didn't push any of her buttons is frustrating. The two of them have just sailed through the show.

Tommy is an awful bore to be fair, what has he really bought to the party in the last 3-4 weeks? Shadow boxing at the breakfast bar? Pleeeaaaase. Trying to recreate a "bromance" with Curtis? Pleeeeaaaase. What else has he done? Oh yeah he asked Molly Mae to be his " girlfriend", like that took up 20 minutes of airtime... total cringefest and massively predictable.

I can't help but think that a lot of them were coached by a management company before they got on the show, how to act, what to do, what friendships to create etc.

In fairness, they gave them a good going over with the headlines challenge last night. That really did get her wound up. The other task from a few weeks ago with the tweets did the same.

27. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

In fairness, they gave them a good going over with the headlines challenge last night. That really did get her wound up. The other task from a few weeks ago with the tweets did the same.

Yeh and tonight's show looks like they are getting a pass again...

I love a good conspiracy, but to me given their pre show profiles they are both genuine plants from a management company. Tommy is Tyson's brother. A definite good thing to get an initial interest from both the boxing and Northern English viewers. So he gets rating's up from the outset. That gets him on the ticket. Molly Mae is a social influencer, she definitely would have been approached by a management company to go on.

The advertising, PR, media world is incredibly incestuous and has loads of crossover. It is highly likely that the production team would be connected to the one or more management/talent agencies. If that is the case they would have worked out which contestants would make the most money and give the show the most exposure. They are the people still on the show.

That being the case they would definately have " plants " in there to make sure things run smooth. Maura, Curtis etc. I would even throw Amy in here. Especially after her face plastered all over Ok magazine... no prior boyfriend my eye....

Everyone " loves to hate " Anna. She is on the cusp of being a UK media megastar for the next 24 months. Her trash talk, backstabbing, duplicitous nature is a guaranteed magazine seller. Appearances etc. Her management company will get a tasty percentage of her earnings.

The entire show is a business. Sure for all we know Chris could be a shareholder.

28. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

They’re all “plants”. They’re all handpicked for drama and entertainment. Only the very naive think otherwise.

29. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

They’re all “plants”. They’re all handpicked for drama and entertainment. Only the very naive think otherwise.

Your slightly missing my point. What I am insinuating is that it is plausible that the reason why Tommy and Molly Mae have had such a seamless ride in the villa, is that they are being sheltered from negative aspects via their management companies relationship with the show's producers.

I am going as far as saying these could be one of/or the same thing, if not connected parties.

In fairness Tommy and Molly Mae have been far from entertaining... more like a foooking snoozefest if I am honest. Yet there they are ,the perfect liddle couple, smooching away at night and sunbathing during the day... boring as phuck, yet still favourites to win the show.

After the show the winning couples' wealth generation profile arc is different. All their media work will be done " together" as a couple. Any spin offs will have to relate to that.

When they start using Molly Mae to sell makeup over the next six months they will be targeting the 25-45 year old "couples" market. That will attract different make-up brands etc., based on the profile of the models used. It all goes back to branding and marketing.

30. Advertisement
      31. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

You’re acting like it’s this crazy secret that you’re uncovering! On these types of shows the producers always have their favourites and always manipulate the editing to try and sway the public vote. It’s nothing new.

Advertisement