Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

Ovie is a don bruv ya get me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Lackey wrote: »
    I don’t get people saying Maura should not have told Ana
    I think it would be a sh!ty thing to do to have information like like that....and keep it to yourself while your friend looks like a fool getting mugged off.
    Don’t think this will spell the end for Maura and Curtas and she’s more popular than ever after tonight.

The show is called Love Island.. they’re ‘suppose’ to be looking for love/a partner. Their trust and loyalties should be to the person you are coupled with especially if it’s a couple going well and not just together because you were the last ones left. That’s my thoughts anyway haha..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,451 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The show is called Love Island.. they’re ‘suppose’ to be looking for love/a partner. Their trust and loyalties should be to the person you are coupled with especially if it’s a couple going well and not just together because you were the last ones left. That’s my thoughts anyway haha..

They're supposed to be winning 50k and a truck load of endorsements and PR gigs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Still Ill wrote: »
    Pretty sure Jordan did the exact some thing to one of the lads? Tom, I think?

Maura was disgusted by Jordan's behaviour. Sure Curtis did the the exact same thing to Amy. Things are really coming full circle :pac:

Massively correct. He ratted Tom out to Anna who sprayed it immediately all over Maura.

Talk about full circle, he basically got it right back in his face.

Mana full circle Karma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Anna could have played that one in her favour but shes too dim to realise. By reacting how she did, shouting, getting in his face and making petty comments about his sexual history she just lowered herself to his level. She could have played on the sympathy vote if she had taken a leaf out of ambers book, keep calm and don't feed into it. Jordan made himself look bad enough, she didnt have to do anything. Im guessing she was genuinely hurt.

Jordan's reaction when india said mate. Lol.

I am loving Maura! I didnt like her initially and i still think shes playing an absolute game but I'd rather that than a boring couple sailing to the final. I hope she wins and takes the lot. She deserves it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Massively correct. He ratted Tom out to Anna who sprayed it immediately all over Maura.

Talk about full circle, he basically got it right back in his face.

Mana full circle Karma.

Cocky fcuker got his deserts.
    (Did he not crack onto someone in Casa Amore, but got rejected, decided to stick with Anna?)

Harpy wrote: »
    I enjoyed the look on Jordan's face when into a said they where mates haha.. loved Ovie coming in just taking her away.. Jordan's a snake, couldn't even say he liked her then just was like we're having a conversation,
    don't like Anna but was behind her there, Jordan thought he was proper smug, I hate this turning it on her then saying she's negative she's negative because you're telling another girl you like her.. if your gonna make a decision like that msn up and make the decision and tell them, don't try make out it's her fault and be picking fights during thr day, when you where all about her two days ago..

Its parts like this that are the most obviously fabricated. I only trust reactions when I see both of their faces in shot at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Curtis is a very sly devious individual.

What exactly has Jordan done wrong here? I don't get it. it's a game. He's realised that the public don't like Anna. He's backing another horse.

She proved him right anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Well, I just had a nice soft boiled egg and soldiers :)

No smashed avocado.
    We're the soldiers cut into the word sorry?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

By tomorrow Anna and Jordan will be on their way home anyway, no way they're going to survive the vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Jordan clearly changed his mind about Anna, whether he went off her of his own accord or cause he copped she’s not too popular on the outside is irrelevant, his heart wasn’t in it any more.

And rather than communicate this to her, he decided to avoid her, flirt with another girl in front of her, and tell other people he was having doubts about their relationship - Before he told her.

He then decided to approach the girl who has caught his eye about these feelings he’s having, while his girlfriend is sitting across the garden oblivious.

I don’t like Anna but that was absolutely despicable. She is his girlfriend and deserves more respect than that.
    That’s a horrible way to treat someone you are committed to, whether you are on love island or not.

It’s exactly what Michael did to Amber too. And rather than admit the fact that their feelings changed, both Michael and Jordan denied it and blamed their respective girl for their heads turning.
    Rather than admit they just weren’t into them any more, they blamed he whole thing on the girl with no responsibility taken themselves. It’s so cowardly.

It’s such a toxic environment in there this year, extremely manipulative behavior at play. As I said I’m not an Anna fan but I got so angry watching that unfold.

She wasn't his girlfriend. It's a game show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

lawred2 wrote: »

Yes she was. He asked her to be his girlfriend. Whether the feelings were fake or not is irrelevant, they were in a relationship.
    And when you are in a relationship you don’t crack onto other girls when your girlfriend is sitting across the garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

lawred2 wrote: »
    My money is on the producers giving him the option of a sum of money to do what he did considering he and they both know how unpopular the couple is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Just as Anna begins to speak to Jordan, did anyone else spot the cameraman pulling back the blacked out window, in the background, to get a better view of what was about to happen? Brilliant! 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Just as Anna begins to speak to Jordan, did anyone else spot the cameraman pulling back the blacked out window, in the background, to get a better view of what was about to happen? Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

If you’re so incensed about the gay jibes on Curtis, maybe you could also do something about every second comment being OMG SO SCRIPTED.
    There’s no evidence of that being correct either and it’s boring to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

In fairness none of the girls can keep their powder dry AT ALL. Curtis should have kept his mouth shut and let it unfold naturally

But if he didn't, there wouldn't be much to talk about tonight.
    I dont even believe Jordan likes indie.
    This has to be staged or Jordan wanted revenge and spoofed the whole girlfriend rubbish with Anna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Agree with the above poster, the “it’s all fake” posts are tedious at this stage. We all know it’s fake, just like we all know that soap operas are fake and wrestling is fake. Doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy it for the mindless crap that it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Anyway...

Jordan is a prick. There’s no defence to him going behind his gf’s back like that regardless of what you think of Anna. He tried to gaslight her by telling her it was all because she was a negative person. I understand, I hate negative people, but I don’t make the mistake of getting into a relationship with them. He gave Anna no indication that he was going to move on, and he’s done one of the biggest 540s (lol) in reality show history, and all in one episode. Highly entertaining wankery, 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

Anna deserves all of that to be honest... horrible cow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Did anyone think there's a sparkle missing from Maura..the way she has been with Curtis since the headlines comment? Either the curtains have been drawn back and she sees him the way the public does or she is aware they are not being taken seriously as a couple and won't win. Either way I still like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Ann22 wrote: »
    Did anyone think there's a sparkle missing from Maura..the way she has been with Curtis since the headlines comment? Either the curtains have been drawn back and she sees him the way the public does or she is aware they are not being taken seriously as a couple and won't win. Either way I still like her.

It’s like the life has been sucked out of her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

In the interest of avoiding the "it's scripted", I definitely think Producers got in Jordan's pocket.
    They probably knew he wasn't keen and gave him a guaranteed sum now to rock the boat. Which would be very harsh on Anna if so.

Might be the edits but its hard to see what Anna adds to a relationship, she's not coming across as warm, kind, funny so I can see why someone would stop the bus but such a cowardly way to do it. She also spent ages with the girls bad mouthing him and when he admitted that "he wasn't feeling himself, something is off" her reply was "oh really, I wouldn't have noticed".
    Not sure why India didnt say "you were cracking on just now" when Jordan was adamant he hadn't done anything.

Anna, Jordan, MM, Michael, Amber (to an extent) are horrifically toxic.

I also cringed so hard at the Chris apology, he seems like a decent sort and hadn't done anything wrong. It reminded me of Curtis falling in front of Amy after the kiss debacle. There's no one in there willing to actually back themselves on the male side.

Also the "11am is Calippo time, try to hold the brand name out to the camera" was beyond weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

razorblunt wrote: »
    Also the "11am is Calippo time, try to hold the brand name out to the camera" was beyond weird.
    Ah you see thats the thing....I looked at them....and they didnt even appear to be real Calippos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

gmisk wrote: »
    razorblunt wrote: »
    Ah you see thats the thing....I looked at them....and they didnt even appear to be real Calippos!

You're slightly obsessed at their use of store brand instead of the real McCoy lol

I think it'd be great if they brought back every contestant from this season just for the last week. One last **** storm :heart:

Also if there's only a week to go, how are they going to fit in the baby challange, meet the parents and the suited and booted ball at the end??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AirAmp2019

Anna's sister on Insta Stories going "Jordan's been hiding lies in between those big gaps in his teeth" haha! Brilliant.

Scripted or not, right or wrong, it is great entertainment!

• Advertisement

If there's anything to be learned from this, its that neither Tommy nor Curtis must have a lot of lad friends seeing as they're running off to tell their GF immediately. Absolutely shíte behaviour that would get you a thump in the real world.

Did anyone else almost gawk at MM's rendition of Danny Boy?

Advertisement