Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

AirAmp2019 wrote: »
    Anna's sister on Insta Stories going "Jordan's been hiding lies in between those big gaps in his teeth" haha! Brilliant.

Scripted or not, right or wrong, it is great entertainment!

Maybe he put them in the bald patches on her head?

Miaow, I know!

I got a cushion thrown at me last night for shouting "101 now!!!" at the tv when Anna told Jordan "you can tell that's why you've slept with 100 women and only had 1 relationship"

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AirAmp2019

razorblunt wrote: »
    If there's anything to be learned from this, its that neither Tommy nor Curtis must have a lot of lad friends seeing as they're running off to tell their GF immediately. Absolutely shíte behaviour that would get you a thump in the real world.

Did anyone else almost gawk at MM's rendition of Danny Boy?

She was doing some song with a cup in the "unseen bits" show. Anything for a bit of attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

Did Jordan just put the empty box of calippos back in the freezer?!? I feckin hate that!

I'm only catching up on the thread now....but OMG I noticed that too and said to my bf DID HE JUST DO THAT?!!! WTF!! Then it's on the mirror this morning :D:D:D I thought I had a touch of ocd but HATE that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Last night seemed way to scripted to me , way to out of the blue,

Even where they where all sitting just seemed unnatural,
    Maura had a big smile walking over to Anna to let her know , Anna was sitting directly across the garden from Jordan and India surely she seen them before Maura told her ?

Iv reckon they all know Anna is unliked on the outside so they hatched a plan to make her look like a victim and get sympathy by the public,

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Ann22 wrote:
    Did anyone think there's a sparkle missing from Maura..the way she has been with Curtis since the headlines comment? Either the curtains have been drawn back and she sees him the way the public does or she is aware they are not being taken seriously as a couple and won't win. Either way I still like her.

Yep, since the comments she seemed annoyed re choice of outfit usually would laugh and hottub she didn't look happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

Did anyone else almost gawk at MM's rendition of Danny Boy?

Reckon the producers did too as they sent in a text quick smart to shut her up!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

AirAmp2019 wrote: »
    She was doing some song with a cup in the "unseen bits" show. Anything for a bit of attention.

Tbf she doesn’t choose what goes on the show, she’s just singing like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Next year there will be 2 series of love island. In January it will take place in South Africa, then in summer back to Majorca.
    Didn’t they do a similar show in South Africa few years ago and it was awful. Dani Dyer was in it and had to leave at start as she broke her ankle. Think it was called Battle of the Sexes.
    Dunno bout this, 2 series might be 1 too many, especially if each go on for almost 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Ok so yes it is scripted to an extent but by how much surely Anna's reaction was real, if not she is a great actress. I genuinely reckon she was pulled back and lot was cut out. I thought she was going to hit him a slap at one point.

For example, I see now (correct me if I'm wrong) that Michael said last night on lice himself and Joanne have not spoke since Aftersun. Surely if it was so scripted they'd be best of pals knowing all acting. I go between the two one minute I'm like so scripted next minute I'm like just in parts. Who knows, only former contestants!

So I'm thinking maybe producers go in and say if you do this we will up your money but it is that person depending on their morals/feelings decide if they'll be bought so they can refuse. So say they take the offer Jordan in this case then Anna although maybe knowing he could have got the offer of money and took it over her and their rship hence her reaction being real? Am I on the right road here? Hence he deserved all he got? He snaked her sold her out etc and used her behaviour as an excuse to why?
    Or are people saying everything is scripted ie. their really laughing and joking when cameras go off??

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

I feel like this has to be scripted too but then I think about the mechanics of it all and am not sure. They couldn't have just gone in there and said to Jordan "we will give ya a few extra bob if you mess things up with Anna" without Anna having any input, if they did that would be literally paying to purposefully cause mental distress for another human being and in light of all the Jeremy Kyle stuff I don't think they could create a semi staged incident like that where only one person is in on it. so, either it is all totally fake and they are all in on it or it is a total bizzare but real situation.

• Advertisement

Ok so yes it is scripted to an extent but by how much surely Anna's reaction was real, if not she is a great actress. I genuinely reckon she was pulled back and lot was cut out. I thought she was going to hit him a slap at one point.

For example, I see now (correct me if I'm wrong) that Michael said last night on lice himself and Joanne have not spoke since Aftersun. Surely if it was so scripted they'd be best of pals knowing all acting. I go between the two one minute I'm like so scripted next minute I'm like just in parts. Who knows, only former contestants!

So I'm thinking maybe producers go in and say if you do this we will up your money but it is that person depending on their morals/feelings decide if they'll be bought so they can refuse. So say they take the offer Jordan in this case then Anna although maybe knowing he could have got the offer of money and took it over her and their rship hence her reaction being real? Am I on the right road here? Hence he deserved all he got? He snaked her sold her out etc and used her behaviour as an excuse to why?
    Or are people saying everything is scripted ie. their really laughing and joking when cameras go off??

Last night felt more orchestrated than scripted. They probably knew Jordan was going to do what he did, they may even have encouraged it, he was shocked at "mates" so obviously misread the signs from India or was told lies about her keen-ness. But the Curtis >> Maura >> Anna felt way too organised.
    More manipulation than scripting perhaps.

I know someone that works in the world of TV though and she told us there's definitely a cash incentive and its not just a straight 50k for the winner. She doesn't work for ITV but I guess once you're in the game you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

Did Jordan not try and have a conversation with Anna earlier in the day to voice his feelings about their relationship problems and Anna refused to listen, stormed off and started bad mouthing him to all the girls in the kitchen?

Incapable of processing criticism.

I can remember something similar between Michael and Amber when they were coupled up. The lads can't seem to voice a concern about a problem without the woman getting pished off.

Not excusing the lads actions afterwards but i keep seeing all this gaslighting nonsense like the Joanna and India things have come out of the blue, they haven't, the women involved just refused to acknowledge and address the issues that were put before them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I think everyone can relate to having a gut feeling that a partner is up to no good, only to have your partner accuse you of overreacting and being dramatic when you confront them. Its not even a man vs. woman thing, I know women who've done it to men and men who've done it to women.

Its pure emotional blackmail and manipulation.
    He was trying to make her look like a psycho for coming to the conclusions she did, even though she was completely right.
    I'm delighted she went off on one, that behaviour needs to be called out more often so more people can recognise it as toxic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

buswankers wrote: »
    I'm only catching up on the thread now....but OMG I noticed that too and said to my bf DID HE JUST DO THAT?!!! WTF!! Then it's on the mirror this morning :D:D:D I thought I had a touch of ocd but HATE that too!

I reckon they would have specific rules about trash in that outdoor eating area in fairness. Inland Majorca would be Waspville Central at this time of year. If they get Wasps in that eating area they are phucked. They probably don't keep a bin near it. Off camera cleaners come in and clean that space with enough disinfectant to launch a rocket. I would say they are told to not allow any rubbish lying around, at all. Also advertising restrictions.

Either that or Jordan is a Pig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I would say they are " steered" financially by the producers.

Jordan gets pulled aside, " your in the last group, Anna is not popular, you are mildly popular but being a bloke you won't sell enough magazines in 3 weeks. Here is a 25k bonus if you start cracking on with India"

India's agent is delighted as it gives her more publicity, they are well aware that she is only in there for 2 weeks. In fairness I can see her in the lad mags next month. A lot.

If you follow the theory that Maura is a producer dump, she is in on the mix as well. She was going full fishwife ( love that word) in behind Anna last night, why would she bother unless she was being told to?

I wouldn't be crying for Anna either, she is going to clean up in the trash mags, cheap clothes and young gal make up. A lot of girls who are into female empowerment and girl power etc will think she rocks. She is a marketing dream. She will be making a lot of money.

al87987 wrote: »
    Did Jordan not try and have a conversation with Anna earlier in the day to voice his feelings about their relationship problems and Anna refused to listen, stormed off and started bad mouthing him to all the girls in the kitchen?

Incapable of processing criticism.

I can remember something similar between Michael and Amber when they were coupled up. The lads can't seem to voice a concern about a problem without the woman getting pished off.

Not excusing the lads actions afterwards but i keep seeing all this gaslighting nonsense like the Joanna and India things have come out of the blue, they haven't, the women involved just refused to acknowledge and address the issues that were put before them.
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    I think everyone can relate to having a gut feeling that a partner is up to no good, only to have your partner accuse you of overreacting and being dramatic when you confront them. Its not even a man vs. woman thing, I know women who've done it to men and men who've done it to women.

Its pure emotional blackmail and manipulation.
    He was trying to make her look like a psycho for coming to the conclusions she did, even though she was completely right.
    I'm delighted she went off on one, that behaviour needs to be called out more often so more people can recognise it as toxic.

Little bit of A, little bit of B.
    With A, Jordan, losing the head entirely last night.

They went for a chat earlier, he said he didn't feel himself, she said "you can't tell / i wouldn't have know" having just been talking him down to the girls. She then walked away from him.

He lied his arsé off when confronted talking to India though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Little bit of A, little bit of B.
    With A, Jordan, losing the head entirely last night.

They went for a chat earlier, he said he didn't feel himself, she said "you can't tell / i wouldn't have know" having just been talking him down to the girls. She then walked away from him.

He lied his arsé off when confronted talking to India though.

One thing that gets me is all the girls run over gather around him and started shouting at him,

Imagine for one second when Anna came back with Ovie if all the lads done that to her, there would be uproar ,

If you have a problem with your bloke/girl go speak to her don't get all your little lap dog's to join in ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Ok, so I've avoided watching LV since the beginning of this season (but you can never really escape it as all the going-ons are reported daily in the media.... *ahem* dailymail).

So far I like Chris, Maura, Ovie and Greg.

Tommy and Molly Mae appear to be a boring couple..but will no doubt win it.... they remind me Dani and Jack from last year.

Greg is a fine thing - 'hon the Limerick fella (and I'm not just saying that as a Limerick native :pac:).

Aside: I've found myself using the phrase ''It is what it is'' quite frequently these past few weeks without determining the origin of said phrase.... Only now realizing it's due to LV....Article :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Anna’s sister doing her absolutely no favours online. If that was the other way around and it was Jordan’s brother slagging Anna’s looks there’d be killings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Ovie the star of the show last night, taking India by the hand and walking away with her, no questions, no comments, nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

He was a fool to take her back after she coupled up with Ovie, who certainly dodged a bullet. He was pitiful trying to get her back. Anna is a nasty piece of work, the biggest bully in there, not a nice person.

(Notwithstanding any scripting), he looks like he believed the choice was his, who India would be with, hence the "mates?" gold.

His only redeeming moments were not telling Anna about the shop/Antoin nonsense, and telling her to shut up during one incident she was sounding off to someone (Michael?)

Theres always JD shorts...
    qs5gk5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Anna’s sister doing her absolutely no favours online. If that was the other way around and it was Jordan’s brother slagging Anna’s looks there’d be killings.

Where's she at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Aside: I've found myself using the phrase ''It is what it is'' quite frequently these past few weeks without determining the origin of said phrase.... Only now realizing it's due to LV....Article :eek:

Ahh to be fair, that's a turn of phrase I've known and used my entire life... Maybe its a new one in the UK but its deffo not new on these shores.

Ovie the star of the show last night, taking India by the hand and walking away with her, no questions, no comments, nothing.

Yep, a proper, emotionally intelligent move.
    Something Curtis probably thinks he would have done but he was standing amongst the gossip like an arsonist watching the house he burned down go up in flames.

On a completely, unrelated note, has anyone seen the Surf ads with Dani Dyer? She has this weird , dead behind the eyes look on her face and I can't tell if its deliberate. she also smells an item of clothing and makes this "noise" and I instantly want to throw my tv out of the window.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ahh to be fair, that's a turn of phrase I've known and used my entire life... Maybe its a new one in the UK but its deffo not new on these shores.

Yeah, it was used big time back at the start of The Hills, that's where I remember hearing it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I’m familiar with it also, but it was not previously in my lexicon. I heard someone in my family who most def does not watch the show say ‘crack on’ the other day - it just show the pervasiveness of the show, imo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

One thing that gets me is all the girls run over gather around him and started shouting at him,

Imagine for one second when Anna came back with Ovie if all the lads done that to her, there would be uproar ,

If you have a problem with your bloke/girl go speak to her don't get all your little lap dog's to join in ,

Was thinking that as you said if tommy, Jordan, Anton and Michael surrounded Anna and started screaming at her, they would be kicked off the show and be made out to be monsters in the tabloids

Is it not possible there was still one or maybe even two calypsos still in the box when he threw it back in the freezer?? Why else would he have done so. If it was empty then he deserves to get kicked off the island and possibly even locked in a freezer for few hrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

India should have stepped in and said something when Jordan was trying to deny cracking on with her. She’s the type of girl who likes the attention and drama I think. She’s a bit of a minx too, you can tell by her eyes.

• Advertisement

It would have never happened if they gave them Magnums instead of cheap crappy Calypsos.

Advertisement