Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭benjy1000

Hococop wrote: »
    Can't wait when both are on the Afters and flack just picks on Jordan and treats her like a god and not call her out aswell

Delighted for that cnut Anna, horrible auld badger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Anna got very upset about a scripted relationship coming to a scripted end didn't she.
    On a side note, I know it's staged but she came across as a horrible individual the way she argued.
    It's impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

At least with anna and jordan there we were guaranteed a bit of conflict for the next few days . Won't even have Chris bestowing us with his gems of wisdom. It'll be a right snoozefest for remainder of run now.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Jordan was horrible in his approach and I understand Anna is mad but she would be an absolute pain in the arse as a girlfriend.

Her anger is justified but it's so ugly, aggressive and childish.

She caught her boyfriend (length of time doesn't matter) trying to crack on with another woman and when she confronted him she was told it was all her fault, tried to make her look mental and called her embarrassing.

Sorry, but f*ck that. I was never a fan of Anna but Jordan deserved everything he got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Anna got very upset about a scripted relationship coming to a scripted end didn't she.
    On a side note, I know it's staged but she came across as a horrible individual the way she argued.
    It's impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

consolidated reply, again, bear with me

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »
    She caught her boyfriend (length of time doesn't matter) trying to crack on with another woman and when she confronted him she was told it was all her fault, tried to make her look mental and called her embarrassing.

Sorry, but f*ck that. I was never a fan of Anna but Jordan deserved everything he got there.

Did you forget everything Anna has done???
    She doesn't deserve any sympathy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Would not mind now if Greg and amber won

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ovie and India for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hococop wrote: »

Ovie and India for me
    Yeah wouldn't mind them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Anna the most disgusting personality to ever grace the show. Good riddance you b****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

Gutted now I won't see anymore of the original salmon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Anna the most disgusting personality to ever grace the show. Good riddance you b****

A graceful Bitch , gotta love it.

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Did you forget everything Anna has done???
    She doesn't deserve any sympathy

Coming back with Ovie when she and Jordan weren't official?

Did you forget that Jordan hopped into bed with Jourdan, was turned down, then had this magical epiphany about Anna?

You can't compare the two. Anna never blamed her behaviour on Jordan either.

Jordan behaved like an absolute scumbag last night. I'm not even talking about him pulling India for a chat, it's the brazen lies and blaming her for everything he did.

His apology was more like 'I'm sorry your feelings were hurt' rather than a 'I'm sorry I hurt your feelings' as well.

He's a coward, and if you're going to take that approach against someone who is well able to stand up for themself and she gives you **** for it then you absolutely deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Some of the personal abuse some of the contestants get in here is alarming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,451 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

She's some wagon that Anna one. Her condescension makes my skin crawl.

Pity any man that ever has to endure her.

Ahhh but we all agree Ovie is sound!

Whose voting for Tommy and MM? Don't get it.

Coming back with Ovie when she and Jordan weren't official?

Did you forget that Jordan hopped into bed with Jourdan, was turned down, then had this magical epiphany about Anna?

Jordan behaved like an absolute scumbag last night. I'm not even talking about him pulling India for a chat, it's the brazen lies and blaming her for everything he did.

His apology was more like 'I'm sorry your feelings were hurt' rather than a 'I'm sorry I hurt your feelings' as well.

He's a coward, and if you're going to take that approach against someone who is well able to stand up for themself and she gives you **** for it then you absolutely deserve it.

O yes yes yes.
    But just because is a grade A pr1ck doesn't mean shes an angel.
    Her behaviour was awful for weeks and weeks. She's a horrible person.
    But everyone else was so young and immature.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I have been writing letters to the Irish Times in protest.

EssJaydoubleyous are the worst.

Be very alarmed, it is good for you to be on your toes, especially when it comes to annihilating reality TV stars.

Personally speaking. About abuse that is.

All the tears and nonsense reminds me of Irish college. And two days later at home you'd forgotten about every one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

Anna is a cow but because she's a woman she will have the sympathy card and make a few grand doing the breakfast shows telling her story.

"There's no girls like me"

Thank **** for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Curtis is a fake bo11ox.
    As much integrity and substance as a drink of water. Pity he's with Maura, I'd like to have seen the back of him. Pity Maura and Chris didnt hit it off.

Anna was a Grade A bitch. A very nasty piece of work. Aggressive, bullying, insincere and hypocritical. Had started to feel sorry for her after being humiliated, but na. Fcuk it. They deserved each other.
    Cheerio.

Greg and Amber for the £s

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    O yes yes yes.
    But just because is a grade A pr1ck doesn't mean shes an angel.
    Her behaviour was awful for weeks and weeks. She's a horrible person.
    But everyone else was so young and immature.

Never once said in any of my posts that she wasn’t. In fact in my first post I said I didn’t even like Anna.

However, just because she was a prick doesn’t give him an automatic pass to blame her for something he did. It’s Amber and Michael all over again. Nobody can deny Amber was far from a saint, but she was still treated horribly by him, when he was the one who made those decisions.

This is no different. Whatever your thoughts on Anna, Jordan blaming her for being pissed off that he was trying to chat up India right in front of her is cowardly behaviour and she had every right to be as pissed off as she was, just like Jordan had a right to be annoyed at her in the past like he was when she kept saying bye to Danny, or when Ovie was annoyed at her for the way she spoke to him.

This one is all on Jordan, I don’t think anybody here can really blame Anna for how she reacted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Actually, upon her return with anothe man she said that he never really told her how he felt about her, so yes she did in fact blame him for her behaviour...

I think the reality is Jordan just became exhausted with her very, very negative attitude and demeanor and couldnt take any more. Think about putting up with that all day, every day for five weeks, that has to be so draining. Then India came in and was the complete opposite to her i.e. chilled out, low maintenance, and he was drawn to it and away from her, and that is completely understandable tbh.
    He could have handled it better but at the same time if curtis hadnt blabbed about a private discussion he probably would have ended it with anna after that conversation either way so I dont buy into this cheating spiel. Also, wasnt she actively playing 2 guys off each other, right in front of each other at one point?
    I dont feel bad for anna at all. You reap what you sow and she sowed plenty of it. If Chris or Greg had been another Ovie and she got on with him, do you actually think she wouldnt have dropped Jordan on the spot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭Underground

Gutted Chris is gone, was hoping Maura and Curtis would get the boot instead but it wasn't to be.

At this point I'm starting to wonder how much sway the public vote has at all, I'm not sure who the hell in their right mind is voting for Molly and Tommy. I'm starting to think this whole thing is decided by who has the most Instagram followers. Molly (2 million followers) and Tommy (1 million) are the two most followed islanders and they happen to be coupled up with each other, its game over.

Actually, upon her return with anothe man she said that he never really told her how he felt about her, so yes she did in fact blame him for her behaviour...

That’s actually fair enough, but she did also own her decision by apologising to him when she came back. If I remember correctly she was also very shy and embarrassed when she came back, not expecting him to be on his own.

Don’t forget the only reason he was on his own was he was given the flick by Jourdan the day after hopping into bed with her. Let’s not pretend he behaved really well.

At least we got Ovie out of that situation.
    I think the reality is Jordan just became exhausted with her very, very negative attitude and demeanor and couldnt take any more. Think about putting up with that all day, every day for five weeks, that has to be so draining. Then India came in and was the complete opposite to her i.e. chilled out, low maintenance, and he was drawn to it and away from her, and that is completely understandable tbh.

All of that is fine, but he made the decision to try chat up India without saying anything to her. He knew what he was doing. That’s his fault, not hers.

If you’re going to do it, fine, but own it. Don’t point fingers and lie about it.
    He could have handled it better but at the same time if curtis hadnt blabbed about a private discussion he probably would have ended it with anna after that conversation either way so I dont buy into this cheating spiel. Also, wasnt she actively playing 2 guys off each other, right in front of each other at one point?

India was giving him nothing. She called him her ‘mate’. I think he wouldn’t have ended it at all if Anna hadn’t copped what he was doing based on how that conversation was going.

None of them were Anna’s boyfriend at the time though. That’s the difference. If Jordan hadn’t asked her to be his girlfriend this would be a fair comparison.

Point is if he didn’t want to be with Anna he should have ended it, instead of trying to be sneaky about it. Be a man and own your decisions.
    I dont feel bad for anna at all. You reap what you sow and she sowed plenty of it. If Chris or Greg had been another Ovie and she got on with him, do you actually think she wouldnt have dropped Jordan on the spot?

They weren’t and she didn’t, Jordan did and it was only two days after he had asked her. It’s not on.

If Anna had done what Jordan did with Chris or Greg then the pitchforks would have been out for her and rightly so. She wouldn’t have got a pass and neither should Jordan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Gutted Chris is gone, was hoping Maura and Curtis would get the boot instead but it wasn't to be.

At this point I'm starting to wonder how much sway the public vote has at all, I'm not sure who the hell in their right mind is voting for Molly and Tommy. I'm starting to think this whole thing is decided by who has the most Instagram followers. Molly (2 million followers) and Tommy (1 million) are the two most followed islanders and they happen to be coupled up with each other, its game over.
    Chris is only one of those I would miss.
    He has a brill personality, pity he wasn't in earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anna and Jordan deserve each other...tools the both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

If it's the same as the last two years, one more couple will leave before the final. The islanders vote for which ones are least compatable and those get put up for a public vote. I'd say Tommy/Molly and Anton/Belle will avoid the public vote and get straight through to the final. I don't think Maura's popularity will be able to save her and Curtis because of how he has been this week. I also think she will dump him in the next three days anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

India was giving him nothing. She called him her ‘mate’. I think he wouldn’t have ended it at all if Anna hadn’t copped what he was doing based on how that conversation was going.

Point is if he didn’t want to be with Anna he should have ended it, instead of trying to be sneaky about it. Be a man and own your decisions.

Well that is the difference, I think he would have. He had already discussed it with several other housemates and that always becomes common knowledge. He was also clearly unhappy which is the telling point. I think he had come to the realisation that she wasnt for him and regardless of India's response, it was over. India was just the eye-opener. You seem to have made the assumption that he would have kept going along with it, but there is no evidence to support that theory, whereas I feel there was a sizeable amount to suggest that he was done.

If Anna had done what Jordan did with Chris or Greg then the pitchforks would have been out for her and rightly so. She wouldn’t have got a pass and neither should Jordan.

Well as you say 'they werent and she didnt'. However the pitchforks would have been out because of her previous rapsheet. That would have been justified too. You cant judge him on the basis of what she would have gotten - she would have been judged on her own actions.

Advertisement