Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I hope this posts because I laugh every time I look at it. Favourite meme of the whole show :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

That was another good one tonight. Jordan, and the absolute state of him, what did he think was going to happen. The only person to look at the troll in there was Anna and even she tried someone new for a while.
    I said it (at home) that getting her back was all about the thrill of the chase, he was raging when Ovie said take her.
    Then the lame romantic walk girlfriend thing, he thought he had played it perfectly with the public. Bot no, bottom 3 again so the true colours came out.

It’s so hard to feel any sympathy for Anna though cos she’s such a miserable tart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Tesco, Supervalue and Dunnes are nearly all sold out of Calippos.

I am blaming Anna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I've been watching for a few weeks but only admitting this now :O

Most of them are incredibly immature
    Take the Anna situation
    Do you really go on love island to meet the love of your life and throw such a strop after knowing someone such a short time behaves like a teenager? Seriously
    I can't believe the most of them are mid to late 20's

I don't go along with the he is fake,she is fake thing here,that's a reality game show myth
    From what I've seen most of these 'contestants' wouldn't have the intelligence to hold up such a front
    They are not 'nasty nicks'

Stand out if such a thing was possible was Chris and is Greg (so far)
    Both showed brains and maturity or less childish ness

I'd disagree with some of the comments on Maura
    Of course she was going to tell Anna about Curtis's advice
    She was right to call him out on his stupid it was
    The fact curtis turned round and realised this could be game playing yes (but that's what they're there for) OR it could be an outbreak of cop on..
    I suspect the latter
    The way him and Maura reasoned was a saviour of non childish ness in my opinion and to their credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Look, there's a pair of them in it (Anna and Jordan). Jordan didn't handle the situation well at all but Anna was an absolute pain in the whole throughout. She can't hold an adult argument. Her little tantrum when she came into the baby room summed it all up, she actually turned to see if anyone was looking after she threw the name plate on the floor. No one was. Belle also gave her "I couldn't give a shíte" look when she first came in.

I can't believe Jordan let Curtis off with being a grass. Anna called him (Curtis) for what he is though.

Enjoyable episode all the same though, Tommy twirling the baby and being caught instantly was brilliant, Tommy being shouted at by Anna and coming back with an exasperated "I have no fúcking idea what's going on" and Greg's "that's where you come from" were the highlights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

See Molly Mae holding the doll at an angle as she fawned over it there in the interview room? All so her posy self aware face would get into the shot. No thought of Tommy's being covered. I'm going off them more and more every day. Even when Anna was leaving she was making loud dramatic sobbing sounds and I'd bet there wasn't a tear on her face!
    Jordan's apparent decent character and integrity made him likeable despite him and Anna loudly sucking each other's wet sloppy lips all the fcking time... however now he's shown himself to be a complete dick. In saying that, he's had a narrow escape there. Whoever marries her and whatever future kids they might have, have a nightmarish life ahead with an aggressive screamer like her who refuses to argue calmly or even listen to the other person's point of view. Yes she is showing signs of narcissism and I know someone just like her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

razorblunt wrote: »
    Enjoyable episode all the same though, Tommy twirling the baby and being caught instantly was brilliant, Tommy being shouted at by Anna and coming back with an exasperated "I have no fúcking idea what's going on" and Greg's "that's where you come from" were the highlights.

Highlight for me was Greg asking Curtis in a genuinely confused manner "what was your thought process behind that?" It was such a polite way of saying "wtf were you thinking". I love me some Greg. :heart:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

neonsofa wrote: »
    Highlight for me was Greg asking Curtis in a genuinely confused manner "what was your thought process behind that?" It was such a polite way of saying "wtf were you thinking". I love me some Greg. :heart:

Aye ,Intelligence,maturity etc
    Rare in there

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    There is nothing sexier than women playing with baby dolls in the their PJ's

It turns me on ta Phuck.

Especially if they haven't brushed their hair or anything... omfg yesssss.

You stay away from my wife!

Actually, try chat to her when she's just out of bed, still in pjs and rocking the 4 month old.
    She'd go through you for a shortcut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Mortelaro wrote: »
    neonsofa wrote: »

Aye ,Intelligence,maturity etc
    Rare in there

And easy on the eye

• Advertisement

It’s actually scary how there are all these young men who are so manipulative and such gaslighters. I know women can be the same, but I’m just talking about what we’ve seen on this show. The amount of times we’re seeing guys twisting things to make it out that the woman is in the wrong, or has done something to make them act like a prick, is worrying. It’s good to see that sort of behaviour being stood up to.

Ah you can't call out the lads and not the girls in the show. It's full of toxic behaviour this year.
    You have Michael, Jordan, and arguably Curtis and then Amber (originally but has mellowed), MM, Anna and Amy. You could probably throw Belle and Harley in there too for their brief cameos.

I have to say I enjoyed Greg calling Curtis out too, pretty much sums up what a "normal" person would do in those scenarios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Who invented this term gaslighting and why?? And why do all these stupid celeb obsessed younger generation need to invent silly terms like this?? And you all can hashtag the f*%k off outa here!!
    And on Jordan, ok he is an arrogant young fella who made a few harmless enough mistakes, but that screaming and shouting Anna is a ‘Cray-Cray’ so he has had a lucky escape. Can somebody not have a private and honest conversation now, and not have some self entitled over-privileged wannabe go off on an aggressive rant at them about self respect and abuse?? And Maura I’m taking bout you here too. I feel sorry for Curtis all the abuse he’s been getting on here. Jeez if one of the blokes had chased after a women the way she did after Tommy there would have been calls to lock him up.

And why do they all say “I’m fuming” over even the smallest of things?? These people have way too many materialistic things and extravagant/expensive experiences in today’s modern world. I bet you none of them would ever go down to the nearest river and do a bit of fishing for entertainment, let alone do it to get their next dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Who invented this term gaslighting and why??

According to Wiki, it originated after a play by a guy called Patrick Hamilton in 1938

"in which the gas-fueled lights in a character's home are dimmed when he turns the attic lights brighter while he searches the attic at night. He convinces his wife that she is imagining the change"

Its a well known term and has been used for years... sure one of my fav bands are called The Gaslight Anthem haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Shame Maura coupled with the dancing queen...She wont win and she'll dump him too.......who IS voting for Molly and Tommy thick? Ovie will win and India who has contributed nothing really to the villa could get half. Don't like her she has an air of being superior about her..make up off and restored to factory settings she's nothing to write home about

Along with Amber, India is the best looking girl in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Along with Amber, India is the best looking girl in the house.

The two of them will pile on the weight in the next few years.

I reckon Harley will definitely get veneers when the money from this show starts landing in her account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Esse85 wrote: »
    The two of them will pile on the weight in the next few years.

?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,451 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    There is nothing sexier than women playing with baby dolls in the their PJ's

It turns me on ta Phuck.

Especially if they haven't brushed their hair or anything... omfg yesssss.

grown women do this? :confused:

The show will be bit boring now the next few nights so might not watch.
    Oh wait, Anton’s mum will be arriving on the island!! Changed my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

The show will be bit boring now the next few nights so might not watch.
    Oh wait, Anton’s mum will be arriving on the island!! Changed my mind.

Hopefully she's after a gallon of buckfast again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I gotta say Anna is a vile person , I know what Jordan did was wrong but Ana just comes across horrible, Hate the finger in the face ,she just shouts and keep's repeating herself instead of ever just listing to someone and having a normal conversation about wahts happened,

I personally think Belle /Indian are the best looking, although Indian without make up is like a different person ,

I reckon Amber will be a big girl by the time she is 30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I haven't really gotten to see much of this throughout but was really shocked on seeing a side profile of Maura last night.

- She has at some point completely destroyed her lips, they're so misshapen, unnatural and plastic now.

Found the below photo from 2013 after a quick browse.

maura-higgins.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

^If you go back far enough, you can see what she looked like before all the filler. Her work is very, very well done.

I've had a few little tweaks myself and would guess she's had botox, an eyebrow lift, nose filler, cheek, chin & jawline filler and lip augmentation.

She was beautiful before too, but her face is much more aesthetically in proportion now. Almost too in proportion, only a minute of people have that kind of symmetry. Hence its clear she's had a lot of work done.

Maura Before https://images.app.goo.gl/aDyGt4WwdwEK7cUU9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I personally think Belle /Indian are the best looking, although Indian without make up is like a different person ,

Belle is even prettier without all the muck, lashes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

SusieBlue wrote: »
    ^If you go back far enough, you can see what she looked like before all the filler. Her work is very, very well done.

I've had a few little tweaks myself and would guess she's had botox, an eyebrow lift, nose filler, cheek, chin & jawline filler and lip augmentation.

She was beautiful before too, but her face is much more aesthetically in proportion now. Almost too in proportion, only a minute of people have that kind of symmetry. Hence its clear she's had a lot of work done.

Maura Before https://images.app.goo.gl/aDyGt4WwdwEK7cUU9

She looks like an ENTIRELY different person.

Mango Joe wrote: »
    I haven't really gotten to see much of this throughout but was really shocked on seeing a side profile of Maura last night.

- She has at some point completely destroyed her lips, they're so misshapen, unnatural and plastic now.

Found the below photo from 2013 after a quick browse.

maura-higgins.jpg

She strangely has no árse either. Like an ironing board back there.

From the moment Maura's ex Thom confided his feeling about her to Jordan ... I knew we were dealing with a piece of **** RAT of the highest order. A weasely liddle RAT.

It was only a matter of time. Rats like him always have to surface for air. They let their weasally little guard down and there they are.

Little bollix took the few quid and is off to open nightclubs until Christmas... probably with Joanna or some other boot who was in their for less than a week.

I cannot believe people are surprised by his behaviour, at all. That's what RATS do. They eat you when your not looking.

lawred2 wrote: »
    grown women do this? :confused:

All the time , especially if you ask nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Did anyone else find it funny when Tommy was holding the baby and next thing just flips it in the air, with no thought and MM screams down at him "Tommy ....WHAT THE FCUK".

I can picture him doing that still, if it were a real baby.

Advertisement