Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Monumental

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Are Jack and Danny still together? In fact, is any LI couple still together?

Jack and Danni played the game ,made as much money as they could as the golden couple and then shock ,horror ,went their separate ways Remember its a game !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Heat_Wave wrote:
    That’s so true. Imagine a lad lay on top of a girl wanting to have sex with her on national tv and she said no because she was too tired and he kept nagging her, then even worse, b*tched about her the next day basically calling her a dry sh*te. Inequality right there

Maybe he's been satisfyingly pleasured, if u catch my drift, into his underpants, by her all this time but is refusing to return the favour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Just watched tonights episode.

There's an hour of my life I will never get back! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Tonight was a yawn fest....St Greg on a yacht all sickly nice with Amber of the Arse......
    Maura with the dancing queen talkin about him going to Ballymahon .he'll be gone for dust the minute the wrap party is over to stalk Tommy.

Without a doubt India is in for the dosh ..Ovie is ok but think he's sneaky.
    Another yawn fest tomorrow Molly molars and Tommy Thicko gushing over each other

Anton will be shaving his arse getting ready for his date with Belle..

I nearly pissed my pants at "Molly molars" :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Stellar career in adult entertainment still awaits Maura

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

alroley wrote: »
    Jack and Dani are not, but there's four couples from seasons 2/3 still together.
    I honestly didn't think there were that many...I thought it was two...I will have a look around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I’m finding these “if that was a guy doing that/if that was a girl saying that” arguments that have been going on all series SO tedious and repetitive...

However I have to agree on this one. Although I like Maura, I find it distasteful that she and the producers are pushing this “Curtis didn’t want to ride me ffs” storyline in a seemingly amusing way. He doesn’t have to have a reason, no means no. There really would be uproar if the tables were turned and there’s no way it would be portrayed in the same way.

It's actually a sign of the times though and it's something you have to be very very conscious of.
    You could even take Belle and India spying/perving on Anton, I know they played it for lolz but guys would really run the risk of having their careers destroyed for similar.
    Look at the backlash Tom got for his comments on if Maura was all talk.

Right now twitter is running a "how toxic are the men this year" theme. Usual folk involved in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So true. This whole feminism and equality and 'metoo' is a crock of sh1t

Women want it, but on their terms it seems...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

walshb wrote: »
    Women want it, but on their terms it seems...

Want what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭benjy1000

neonsofa wrote: »
    Want what exactly?

The Michael

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

razorblunt wrote:
    It's actually a sign of the times though and it's something you have to be very very conscious of. You could even take Belle and India spying/perving on Anton, I know they played it for lolz but guys would really run the risk of having their careers destroyed for similar. Look at the backlash Tom got for his comments on if Maura was all talk.

As well as this, Maura has spouted absolute filth about Curtis on several occasions and it's deemed acceptable. "Do you see him over there, wouldn't he look much better with my legs around his head?"

She's been labelled as a feminist icon in more than one article, but I find it galling that Tom's comment got such a negative response when she acts like that. Imagine if one of the men commented on one of the girls like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Its good that a show such as this even though not the most intellectually stimulating is reflecting prevailing attitudes which show such hypocrisy and double standards across both ours and the uks society at the moment.

The way things are going currently, it seems like some women are free to talk about men anyway they wish, sexually, aggressively, demeaning but if so much as a hint of that comes back the other way, there is uproar. They expect to be treated like princesses, as it always seems to me that the guys are getting coffee, making breakfast in the morning and generally trying to play the perfect partner. Whats coming back the other way is far from perfect though

I know its not all women & it may be down to editing but still whats happening on this show is interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

She's been labelled as a feminist icon in more than one article

Planet earth and its people has never been more fooked up than it is in this day and age...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

gmisk wrote: »
    alroley wrote: »
    Jack and Dani are not, but there's four couples from seasons 2/3 still together.
    I honestly didn't think there were that many...I thought it was two...I will have a look around

Dom and Jess, Nathan and Cara and Olivia and Alex are all married. And Camilla and Jamie are also still together.

walshb wrote: »
    Planet earth and its people has never been more fooked up than it is in this day and age...

Pick any other time in history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Syndic wrote: »
    Dom and Jess, Nathan and Cara and Olivia and Alex are all married. And Camilla and Jamie are also still together.

And Jess is pregnant. Nathan and Cara already have a kid. Why do I even know this stupid sh1t??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

And Jess is pregnant. Nathan and Cara already have a kid. Why do I even know this stupid sh1t??

Because there's not much happening in Longford unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Tonight the couples have to vote for a couple to be dumped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Curtis makes me want to punch the TV more with each episode. Maura much more unlikeable too since she got with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Why does Maura appear to be wearing a nursing bra...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

How different does Belle look without all the feckin lip liner?? She looks nice for once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

How different does Belle look without all the feckin lip liner?? She looks nice for once

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Will be interesting to see the vote tonight, interesting to see if mm tries to eliminate Anton or ovie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

And as I say it she is starting

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Where exactly is this filmed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

What is this dog shìt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

That date was actually adorable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

vladmydad wrote: »
    Where exactly is this filmed ?

Majorca I think? Or maybe Mallorca?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Molly Mae wasn't too impressed with the idea of Anton asking Belle to be his girlfriend. She was the only one who said they wouldn't work. I'm glad the others disagreed with her. I really hope they don't win, even though I like Tommy. But she is definitely playing a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If the other 3 couples left have any sense of gamesmanship.
    They will all vote out MM and Tommy as their biggest threat.

After Curtis telling MM to zip it, we know who she'll have a vote for ;)

Advertisement