Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

Belles Dad like something out of a Guy Ritchie film

He was in Football Factory a british gangster movie

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Monumental

vladmydad wrote: »
    No very short, hairline too high, crookedly nose, oily red skin and facial scars

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ! Greg appears to be a nice ,down to earth good guy You on the other hand may be a beaut with a mean soul

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

showpony1 wrote: »

Think hes a pal of Danny Dyer whose daughter was in it last year. His hair is dyed off his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will anyone be watching this American love island at 10 ?
    Looks like so many black people on it, which is fine but I’m not attracted to black people so I might not bother

11 people in the opening group of contestants on the american love island. 7 of the 11 are definitely white, 2 of the others could be described as tanned/half cast sort of variety and then the other 2 are black.

So, not that many black people at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

This thread has taken a nosedive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

I like Anton but this whole mother shaving his ass thing is grotesque. He takes such pride in it, as does she. It’s so needy

I know. Why doesn’t she just veet it??

Read in the Ian lads voice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Maura mom got a boyfriend. And Molly May mom got engaged. Did they spend the summer in the grown up love island villa??

That'd be worth a watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

I think greg has lived a charmed existence in there. He went in late, so was very aware of who people liked and didnt. Id argue he got with Amber almost as a rebound from Michael. She definitely picked him, in part, as a bit of a power grab from michael, then michael got the boot. If he doesnt i say she ends up going back to him after teaching him a lesson. Then the other girls, who were generally quite b*tchy, gave him a pass because Amber was one of their own.
    He never really says a whole pile and seems to be always kinda on guard. I know little about the guy outside of him playing rugby and being irish... If it wasnt for the, frankly strange, public infatuation with Amber, who was quite nasty earlier on in the series but seems to have gotten a clean slate simply because she was dumped, he would have packed his bags a while ago, I believe.
    He scored a good put down on curtis, but that is hardly an accomplishment with the attention seeking sh*te he carries on with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

This final 4 is so odd - imagine seeing it the day before Casa Amor.

Amber and not Michael, but some newbie.
    Tommy and Molly (only predictable one)
    Ovie and India (both fairly new)
    Maura and Curtis (random)

I want to support Greg and Amber, but him coming in at the last second and winning just doesn't sit well with me. He's done literally nothing to add to the show.I think I prefer them over Tommy/Molly, but feel the latter are more deserving winners. If that makes sense!

Ovie and India are another two that have added little to nothing to the show. Maura and Curtis have provided A LOT of entertainment in their own ways, but both too controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Rikand wrote: »
    11 people in the opening group of contestants on the american love island. 7 of the 11 are definitely white, 2 of the others could be described as tanned/half cast sort of variety and then the other 2 are black.

So, not that many black people at all.

Yes I agree, but on the advertisement for it shown earlier, it looked like a hip hop video

• Advertisement

I think greg has lived a charmed existence in there. He went in late, so was very aware of who people liked and didnt. Id argue he got with Amber almost as a rebound from Michael. She definitely picked him, in part, as a bit of a power grab from michael, then michael got the boot. If he doesnt i say she ends up going back to him after teaching him a lesson. Then the other girls, who were generally quite b*tchy, gave him a pass because Amber was one of their own.
    He never really says a whole pile and seems to be always kinda on guard. I know little about the guy outside of him playing rugby and being irish... If it wasnt for the, frankly strange, public infatuation with Amber, who was quite nasty earlier on in the series but seems to have gotten a clean slate simply because she was dumped, he would have packed his bags a while ago, I believe.
    He scored a good put down on curtis, but that is hardly an accomplishment with the attention seeking sh*te he carries on with.

This this and this. You’ve hit the nail on the head. Amber is a horrible person and was (is) a super bitch in there. As for this Greg lad, he’s been in there 5 minutes and knew exactly who to go for based on what he’d seen throughout the series. He is a sleeveen. I saw him sniggering during the Jordan Anna row, he tried to hide it by covering his mouth. He knows the less he says the better. There is just a nasty vibe that I’ve gotten off him from minute one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Christ, Anton’s mum needs to get a life. It looked like Belle’s hot mum was a bit guarded because Anton’s is so needy and cringe. British mothers tend to be a bit like that but ugh, hating all his girlfriends?
    Loved Belle’s dad, pure East End owight guvnah vibe.

That was really lovely for Greg’s mum to give Amber the chain.

Interesting that none of the recent islanders dumped are rooting for MM and Tommy.
    They just sat there while it was announced Anton & Belle were leaving while everyone else was hugging them. MM practicing her oscars acceptance speech.

Also, there’s been a few references to Tommy being a ponger, and now Elly Belly smells like armpit? Surely with all the showers and pools around he’a not stinking like a knacker. Nobody would be up with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

showpony1 wrote: »

Think hes a pal of Danny Dyer whose daughter was in it last year. His hair is dyed off his head.

I was laughing at the Chestnut hair dye. Looks ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

anewme wrote: »
    Greg is a great looking guy.

Meh. He is good looking, and good luck to him.

The fact remains though that he is only in there less than 2 weeks and he stands a chance of winning it ?

What is he like, what is he really like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The length of time someone's been on the show should have no baring on whether they should win or not. Using that logic, Amber's the only "OG" in there, so why shouldn't her and Greg win? Greg has been part of one of the standout storylines of the whole series, and has played the game superbly IMO. Amber has gone through the toughest time and has blossomed so much since the start of the show. They've both provided great entertainment and definitely deserve to win.

If you're looking at entertainment then Maura and Curtis also deserve to win, but I can't stand Curtis so they can go to hell :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Ok, but is he a hardman like Vinnie Jones or is he in the David Hunt crew?

Don't think so fan of Milwall so might be involved with some shenanigans there.
    Think he enjoys playing up to the role, like Danny Dyer does.

A bit harsh, he (alongside Ovie) are probably two of the most natural contestants in there this year or even of any year. He's subtly called out a lot them in there, even his questioning of Curtis had an undertone of "what the fcuk did you do that for" that you'd only pick up on if you're Irish. I wonder has he said much more but its been edited out.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Don't think so fan of Milwall so might be involved with some shenanigans there.
    Think he enjoys playing up to the role, like Danny Dyer does.

A bit harsh, he (alongside Ovie) are probably two of the most natural contestants in there this year or even of any year. He's subtly called out a lot them in there, even his questioning of Curtis had an undertone of "what the fcuk did you do that for" that you'd only pick up on if you're Irish. I wonder has he said much more but its been edited out.

Re the hassan dude, I read somewhere that he gave vinnie jones a bit if a hiding - in real life. If that is the case then Anton could be in for a shock.

Re Greg, I dont find him natural to be honest. I find him very calculated. He keeps his powder dry when he speaks and just repeats what has been said to him instead of expressing his own
    opinion, but the others in there are a bit young and naive to his mr nice guy spiel. I get the impression he has done some media training with the rugby and is putting it to use in there.
    He called out one person - curtis. But again, watching from the outside for weeks beforehand, you would know that would be like shooting fish in a barrell in the popularity stakes, and its not like he went to town on him either is it?
    As for stuff being edited out - that can be said of literally anyone in there.

It is also kinda annoying that whenever he is mentioned on these shores, the fact that he is Irish is paraded as some kind of quality in him. He is a bore, Irish or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

No very short, hairline too high, crookedly nose, oily red skin and facial scars

And yet if you look on twitter or instagram you will find thousands of girls swooning at his good looks. The only other contestant on the show who has evoked a similar reaction has been Ovie.

He's naturally a lot more handsome than the lads who did sunbeds, got veneers and waxed their eyebrows before coming into the villa.

A lot of the men on this thread expressed their distaste at the excessive lip fillers and heavy makeup on some of the girls in the villa, many women are quite similar in that they also prefer the natural look on a man. That's why so many people find him attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Re the hassan dude, I read somewhere that he gave vinnie jones a bit if a hiding - in real life. If that is the case then Anton could be in for a shock.

Re Greg, I dont find him natural to be honest. I find him very calculated. He keeps his powder dry when he speaks and just repeats what has been said to him instead of expressing his own
    opinion, but the others in there are a bit young and naive to his mr nice guy spiel. I get the impression he has done some media training with the rugby and is putting it to use in there.
    He called out one person - curtis. But again, watching from the outside for weeks beforehand, you would know that would be like shooting fish in a barrell in the popularity stakes, and its not like he went to town on him either is it?
    As for stuff being edited out - that can be said of literally anyone in there.

It is also kinda annoying that whenever he is mentioned on these shores, the fact that he is Irish is paraded as some kind of quality in him. He is a bore, Irish or not.

I'm not on "these shores".
    He's a rugby 7s players, they've only just come into existence really and their funding barely covers costs of travel, they'd be lucky to get their social media data usage bills paid never mind social media training.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 helenawalsh

If I had to pick a winning couple that would be Amber and Greg. Not because they're my favourite people in the villa (let's face it, Amber hasn't been necessarily nice towards the other contestants throughtout the series) but rather because Molly Mae showed her true colours last night after realizing Anton would go home only because of her vote (she didn't even look at them as they were told they would leave the villa and remained seated looking down). I don't like her at all, I think she's been playing a game ever since she came into the villa and Tommy isn't bright enough to look beyond his feelings for her. In fact, The Sun published an article on how "Love Island’s Molly-Mae said the thought of kissing Tommy ‘made her feel sick’" to the producers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

For me it’s Maura and Curtis for the win. Combined they have provided more entertainment to the show than any of the other couples. I don’t think Curtis will stay with her after making a bit of dosh as a couple for the first few months, but who cares.
    Agree about Greg, he is a bit weird looking and too nice to everyone. Lol at the crookedly nose comment from Vlady!! And Amber will be straight back to Michael as soon as the cameras are off her.

razorblunt wrote: »
    I'm not on "these shores".
    He's a rugby 7s players, they've only just come into existence really and their funding barely covers costs of travel, they'd be lucky to get their social media data usage bills paid never mind social media training.

Pretty sure he has represented ireland in normal rugby at some level also...
    Regardless of whether he has had some coaching in this regard or not, he very much talks and acts in those terms. If he wins it will be from hanging onto the coat tails of the mystifyingly large support Amber had garnered rather than earning it himself. My only explanation for this support is that there is a lot of people out there watching this show who have been dumped for someone else... In truth, Michael was right to dump her, he just done it badly and came across as a t*sser in the way he did it - mainly because he was exactly that. This is kinda why I feel the thing has fallen into Gregs lap rather than him winning it on merit.

Re Mollie-Mae, I dont get why she is so disliked. Maura is even more fake, will say anything to get attention and has tried about 10 fellas, while Amber is painfully self-righteous and a bully. When they are the alternatives that people are suggesting, I dont see what MM has done that is any worse...

That Joel Dumment fella on Aftersun is really annoying. He’s a right Bellend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Maybe Greg is shy. If I went in the villa I’d be a mute.

Amy is a regular on loose women now. And she is as awful looking on that as she was in the villa. Why is there so many women with these surgically enhanced mouths and teeth on tv?? The way she puckers out her lips in between speaking is horrible to look at. Katie Price was on it last week and she was the same. Disgusting.

Christ, Anton’s mum needs to get a life. It looked like Belle’s hot mum was a bit guarded because Anton’s is so needy and cringe. British mothers tend to be a bit like that but ugh, hating all his girlfriends?
    Loved Belle’s dad, pure East End owight guvnah vibe.

That was really lovely for Greg’s mum to give Amber the chain.

Interesting that none of the recent islanders dumped are rooting for MM and Tommy.
    They just sat there while it was announced Anton & Belle were leaving while everyone else was hugging them. MM practicing her oscars acceptance speech.

Also, there’s been a few references to Tommy being a ponger, and now Elly Belly smells like armpit? Surely with all the showers and pools around he’a not stinking like a knacker. Nobody would be up with that.

What’s a ponger ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What’s a ponger ?
    Ponger = smelly
    (as in ponging)

I think I havent seen the word used since I used to read the Beano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

Greg isn't all that different than that Welsh guy, bot looks and personality wise, that Amber was completely rude to for even saying Hello to her earlier in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Vlad you come across as quite insecure.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Ponger = smelly
    (as in ponging)

I think I havent seen the word used since I used to read the Beano.

Oh I see, went right over my head lol. Speaking of smells. Imagine sleeping in a room with 15 people, I’d be like Anton with my breath spray about 5 times a night lol or if you got an iffy stomach one night , ah here I’d just sleep outside.

Advertisement