Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    But what about last year.
    Seemed similar to me!
    The producers had more to work with last year sending in an ex of Jack to give some potential. MM and Tommy have threading water, the cuddly toy wasn’t about as deep as they got. The producers rested on their laurels and thought they could coast them.
    PressRun wrote: »
    I don't think she would have either. Her whole shctick from the beginning was about loyalty.

I would have been kinda curious to see what would have happened if it was Molly Mae and Tommy who'd won with Molly holding the 50k card.

She knows how the game works, so takin a 25k hit is short term pain for long term gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I'd love to see Maura fired into the USA version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Wow I had Amber and Greg as the outsiders of all 4 couples left. Amazed they won it to be honest.

Tommy and MM had the longevity as a couple. Even if it was getting vomit inducing.
    Curtis and Maura probably provided the most entertainment between them.
    Ovie and India, well Ovie seemed pretty popular anyway.

Amber and Greg though? Greg has barely been in it a wet week. Maybe people felt for Amber after the Michael episode so I think this is a vote for her really.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Wow I had Amber and Greg as the outsiders of all 4 couples left. Amazed they won it to be honest.

Tommy and MM had the longevity as a couple. Even if it was getting vomit inducing.
    Curtis and Maura probably provided the most entertainment between them.
    Ovie and India, well Ovie seemed pretty popular anyway.

Amber and Greg though? Greg has barely been in it a wet week. Maybe people felt for Amber after the Michael episode so I think this is a vote for her really.

It was simply a case of they were the only couple where both of them as individuals were quite popular.

Curtis and Molly-Mae grew to become universally disliked over the last number of weeks, and we simply didn't see enough of India to push Ovie over the line.

Greg wasn't in long but he brought out a much more likeable side to Amber that would have gone down so well with the public, especially when they were already rooting for her after what she went through with that other prick.

Someone else posted earlier that Amber was the one who grew the most while in there. Very deserving winners in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Maura should start dating Conor McGregor...now that would be an entertaining matchup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Is that a record for least length of time in the villa and getting the win ?
    Maura’s reaction to Greg and Amber winning was great

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Greg trying to get Maura to say fanny flutters remains my highlight of the series. I laughed a lot at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I wonder if Maura's Cmon Ireland was a slight dig at MM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Haven’t watched tonight’s episode but delighted Molly Mae and Tommy didn’t win. I’m happy for Greg but don’t think him and Amber will last long outside the Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Sad it’s over but very thankful that I won’t have to see two grown ass adults carrying around a feckin teddy bear again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

alroley wrote: »
    Prediction;

1. Greg/Amber
    2. Tommy/Molly
    3. Ovie/India
    4. Curtis/Maura

I hope that's it, cause I'll be up some money if it is!

Nice 1!!Delighted for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Amber got the sympathy vote, which usually carries people to 2nd (Camilla, Laura), but the hate for Molly had grown too much for her and Tommy to get more votes.

Funny how in the first week or two Amber was probably the most hated girl by the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

tupenny wrote: »
    Nice 1!!Delighted for ya

I'm happy tonight! Got that order at 10/1 a few days ago and got Greg and Amber to win at 33/1 the night he went in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

alroley wrote: »
    Amber got the sympathy vote, which usually carries people to 2nd (Camilla, Laura), but the hate for Molly had grown too much for her and Tommy to get more votes.

Funny how in the first week or two Amber was probably the most hated girl by the public.

I cant put a finger on the hate for MM. She was no more fake than anyone else in there. Anyone care to explain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mon Limerick

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I cant put a finger on the hate for MM. She was no more fake than anyone else in there. Anyone care to explain?

She was way more fake than every one else. She pretty much followed the Jack and Dani playbook from last year to the letter. Even talking about moving in together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Luimneach abu.

To me she came across as (when she got together with Tommy) ok we're the perfect couple. I can and will judge you. Was very strategic in voting when the islanders got to do it. Was opinionated on others relationships. Which on one hand is playing the game but doing it from the stance of "we've got this won" cos I studied Jack and Dani and this is how they did it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

jluv wrote: »
    To me she came across as (when she got together with Tommy) ok we're the perfect couple. I can and will judge you. Was very strategic in voting when the islanders got to do it. Was opinionated on others relationships. Which on one hand is playing the game but doing it from the stance of "we've got this won" cos I studied Jack and Dani and this is how they did it..

I think you give her too much credit. No way she would be able to stick tommy day in day out for that long if she didnt like him. People seem to think she is some kind of evil genius

I think you give her too much credit. No way she would be able to stick tommy day in day out for that long if she didnt like him. People seem to think she is some kind of evil genius

Ah no I think she does like him but I think she dismissed everyone else's chances,thinking they were the "perfect couple ". He is a puppy dog but don't think that will play well with her on the outside. He suited her when there was nothing else in there. I actually liked Tommy but I think she had a different agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

Overall, it was an okay series. I have watched Love Island since 2017 and I would rank 2017 as the best by a mile. The islanders seemed far more genuine and in it to find somebody. Last year was good throughout but never really exploded. This year was up and down. The first few weeks were painful to watch. However, it did pick up in parts like Tom and Hideaway Gate, Casa Amor, Jordan and Anna etc. I feel like if you grouped the islanders from the last three years together, the top 80% would be from 2017. The last two years appears to have attracted people in it for the fame.

As for the final, Amber and Greg winning is strange given he was only in it for two weeks. For Tommy and MM to not win as the longest serving couple is harsh but it is what it is! I can't see any couples from this series remaining together. Amber and Greg seem like they match well but he just doesn't look like the type of guy who is going to go into that lifestyle, especially with the Ireland 7s on the World Series next year, and still in the mix for the Olympics. It will be interesting to see if he gives that up or not.

Two series announced for next year. While I am sure it will be a success next year, I think two series in a year is too much, unless they choose the right personalities. I felt like this year had some people who were blatantly in it for the fame. We need more people like Greg, Ovie, Chris who just seemed happy to be there for the experience and let things play out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

I don't think there's much longevity in Amber and Greg. I think they like each other and enjoy each other's company, but the logistics of it probably won't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Hon Limerick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I couldn’t care less whether any of them last after the series is over. I had my entertainment for 8 weeks and that’s all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,652 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I doubt it very much greg and amber will work. He said it when he went in that he was there for the experience. He was just himself and it worked. 25k is a nice cushion for him but he’ll have his pick of girls back here and I can’t see him wanting to pack in his Rugby career to move to Newcastle or make a long distant thing work haha

And cos I don't think she's really into him. He was the perfect antidote to Michael and that has an appeal but only for so long...ultimately he's probably not her type

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Greg made over £2,000 for each day he was in the villa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I thought she was cold and definitely calculated (if she wasn't then the Producers threw her under the boss somewhat). She always seemed to be chipping away at couples and had digs at folk (Maura's accent being one). She seemed to be well accomplished with crying without tears coming out.

Her story with Tommy peaked at the bf/gf too, no drama, they just coasted and I guess in the villa if you don't move forward you move backwards.

She also had a role in the gaggle of Mean Girls (which may have stopped only when Bella warned them of outside perception as another poster alluded to yesterday) and seemed to think she was villa Matriarch (so did Amy weirdly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

What did Belle say to MM about what people thought of her on the outside? Must have missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭unichick

Why was Greg wearing lipstick? Looked awful! Not mad about Amber but glad Greg won! Come on Limerick. Makes up a bit for some of the dissapointment of Saturday! I hope he won't give up his rugby career to chase 15 minutes of fame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

PressRun wrote: »
    I don't think there's much longevity in Amber and Greg. I think they like each other and enjoy each other's company, but the logistics of it probably won't work.

Agreed, his rugby career is in Ireland so he can't move to the UK, and I can't see Amber upping sticks to settle in Limerick.
    I really like them both individually though, and I'm so glad they won!

Advertisement