Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

razorblunt wrote: »

She also had a role in the gaggle of Mean Girls (which may have stopped only when Bella warned them of outside perception as another poster alluded to yesterday) and seemed to think she was villa Matriarch (so did Amy weirdly enough.

Sorry I meant to actually clarify this. I either read or heard somewhere that when Arabella (not Bella) wentnin she had said to the girls that they were coming across badly. After posting that I searched for an article but couldn’t find one so it may or may not be actually true.

I think the girls this year were particularly cliquey. They eventually warmed to Maura, but It literally seemed like a case of “you can’t sit with us” with Bella for a long time, Jourdan, Joanna, Francesca, Alma and India.
    Anna was their queen bee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Sorry I meant to actually clarify this. I either read or heard somewhere that when Arabella (not Bella) wentnin she had said to the girls that they were coming across badly. After posting that I searched for an article but couldn’t find one so it may or may not be actually true.

I think the girls this year were particularly cliquey. They eventually warmed to Maura, but It literally seemed like a case of “you can’t sit with us” with Bella for a long time, Jourdan, Joanna, Francesca, Alma and India.

I was watching an interview with Amy and she said that her and Amber (and maybe Anna) asked Arabella a lot of very specific questions about how they were being received by the public, and she answered them honestly.

The girls really didn't welcome new girls very well. Francessca has said that Anna, Amber, Maura, and Molly did not warm to her and made her feel excluded (this could have been because they sided with Maura in the whole love triangle situation). However, you could see over the last few weeks there was a divide between the girls that came in from Casa Amor on, and the girls that were there from week 1/2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

unichick wrote: »
    Why was Greg wearing lipstick? Looked awful! Not mad about Amber but glad Greg won! Come on Limerick. Makes up a bit for some of the dissapointment of Saturday! I hope he won't give up his rugby career to chase 15 minutes of fame.

I'm sure it's as a result of kissing Amber, her lipstick ended up on his lips.

Most of the longer lasting housemates might feel aggrieved that they were in the villa anywhere from 5-8 weeks whereas Greg was only there a couple of weeks, added very little, worshipped the ground Amber walked on and ended up a winner.

On the flip side I suppose the others had longer in the limelight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I actually watched some of this and at times it was pretty entertaining especially the drama but lastnight was just a cringefest, i couldnt stomach that proclaiming love BS and switched off.
    Thank God that evil yoke Anna got kicked out, horrible nasty piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

even if they had fallen in love who in their right mind is going to move for someone they knew for a few weeks.

How can people watch this ****, that's 60 to 70 hours end to end at least

Have any relationships actually lasted after.. actually looked that up, seems one couple actually got married, fair enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

even if they had fallen in love who in their right mind is going to move for someone they knew for a few weeks.

How can people watch this ****, that's 60 to 70 hours end to end at least

Have any relationships actually lasted after.. actually looked that up, seems one couple actually got married, fair enough
    Yet here you are commenting on this **** ?
    Why waste your precious time? If you dont watch it and dont like it grand, go and post about something you do.

The last episode was a bit pointless, I just skipped forward to see who was voted out and watched the interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

She was way more fake than every one else. She pretty much followed the Jack and Dani playbook from last year to the letter. Even talking about moving in together.
    They were just too lovey dovey. Even Jack and Dani had a few fights to keep them on camera.

What 20 year old wants to move in with their new gf/bf after knowing them 2 months. They won't last.
    Yes a few couples are still together, married and have started familes.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

What the hell are we all going to do tonight ?

Back to Niall Boylan I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I actually think it was Greg that the public voted for more than Amber. Maura is probably kicking herself as I think Maura was Greg’s first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Is anyone watching the USA version? I’ve tried so hard to give it a chance, but it’s horrifically bad

• Advertisement

The Aussie version last years was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

fin12 wrote: »
    I actually think it was Greg that the public voted for more than Amber. Maura is probably kicking herself as I think Maura was Greg’s first choice.

Highly doubt it. Going by social media, people were far more interested in Amber and her come back from the drama with Michael. She went on much more of a journey than anyone else in there. Greg just happened to come in at the right time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

PressRun wrote: »
    Highly doubt it. Going by social media, people were far more interested in Amber and her come back from the drama with Michael. She went on much more of a journey than anyone else in there. Greg just happened to come in at the right time.

Correct. It was a case of a girl who got her heart broken and her journey after that. The win was all about Amber.
    Funnily enough, it said on VM news today that Greg will be having a homecoming in one of the niteclubs in limerick city. The name of the club is ‘Amber’!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

alroley wrote: »
    I was watching an interview with Amy and she said that her and Amber (and maybe Anna) asked Arabella a lot of very specific questions about how they were being received by the public, and she answered them honestly.

The girls really didn't welcome new girls very well. Francessca has said that Anna, Amber, Maura, and Molly did not warm to her and made her feel excluded (this could have been because they sided with Maura in the whole love triangle situation). However, you could see over the last few weeks there was a divide between the girls that came in from Casa Amor on, and the girls that were there from week 1/2.
    Very much so, Maura quickly got over the fact the girls were heckling her from the balcony which was one of the most pathetic things I’ve seen in a while.

Anyone know, are the viewing figures in Ireland for the Love Island final more than say the All Ireland football or hurling finals?? I assume not. (I hope not!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Is anyone watching the USA version? I’ve tried so hard to give it a chance, but it’s horrifically bad

I’ve watched a bit of it. Yer one Caro seems very intense!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Heat_Wave wrote: »

No sorry can’t do American tv, it’s all “yaaas Queen” and “you go girl” ****e. And unlike UK tv it’s very unrelatable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Anyone know, are the viewing figures in Ireland for the Love Island final more than say the All Ireland football or hurling finals?? I assume not. (I hope not!!).

Half a million apparently. I've seen the viewing figures for all Ireland finals and six Nations rugby matches and they're up close to the million as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I just watched parts of last night's show again. I'm actually delighted for Greg and Amber. I actually think they were the most honest couple in the end. They weren't pretending to be in love. There a lovely flirty excited vibe to them. No mush or crap in their interview. So yeah, I got bored of it in the end but happy they won..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

They just sent a lad from Ennis in at LI USA, some good bogger accent he has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

LirW wrote: »

Hoping to capitalize on the “Greg effect” no doubt....:D:D

Are they showing this on virgin Ireland?

fin12 wrote: »
    Are they showing this on virgin Ireland?

Yes, it's on right now.
    Gotta say I find it not too bad, they're definitely more competitive and claws out.

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Hoping to capitalize on the “Greg effect” no doubt....:D:D

On first impressions he doesn’t seem to have the crazy in your face personality of Maura or the genuine niceness of Greg. Seems he is all about his body and tattoos.

Can tell after 5mins, Cormac is a complete knobhead. Very full of himself and really unlikeable.

You're going to suck me in to watch this aren't you::P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The girls on this actually behave like children....or at best teenagers

jluv wrote: »
    You're going to suck me in to watch this aren't you::P

I can't keep this thread running alone! :D

I like that the contestants are all more natural. I mean they're all good looking and I'm really good shape but there's a lot less Instagram like plastic and they aren't influencer personalities like the English ones.

I can't keep this thread running alone! :D

I like that the contestants are all more natural. I mean they're all good looking and I'm really good shape but there's a lot less Instagram like plastic and they aren't influencer personalities like the English ones.

I'll do a catch up on it tomorrow and see then if I'll watch..

• Advertisement

jluv wrote: »
    I'll do a catch up on it tomorrow and see then if I'll watch..

It's worth just for Cormac because he's a grade A tool with a brain the size of a dry lentil.

Advertisement