Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Ahh lads, did ye see Antons Mum has released a song about shaving his bum?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

vladmydad wrote: »
    Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Is anyone watching the USA version? I’ve tried so hard to give it a chance, but it’s horrifically bad

No sorry can’t do American tv, it’s all “yaaas Queen” and “you go girl” ****e. And unlike UK tv it’s very unrelatable

Haha, have to agree.

"Thats a'ight, you do you girl" Oh fcuk off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Just read that Ovie is worth £31.4 million? Why the f*ck would u go on Love Island?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

fin12 wrote: »
    Just read that Ovie is worth £31.4 million? Why the f*ck would u go on Love Island?

He's doing well for himself but not that well!

https://www.realitytitbit.com/whats-on/love-island-ovie-sokos-salary-and-net-worth-explained-35-million-is-insanely-wrong-24-07-2019

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

God the media really do everything to dirt the contestants, scary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

We've started on the US one too. While it is not as relatable it's clear it is not the ticket to riches like the UK one is so the contestants are more or less all regular joes and josephines (good looking ones mind you). And it is hard to listen to their voiceover lad after being spoiled by Iain on LI UK. Agree so far the aussie one was better than US one but we will give it a week or 2, have not seen ep 3 yet so have not seen the lad from Ennis.

So Amber and Greg are now BF and GF... cannot see it lasting more than 2 mths, make as much moolah as they can then blame distance being a problem etc. As for MM and TF cannot wait to see the reaction to her moving on from him.. the poor lad.. fell for the act hook line and sinker.. mind you he will do alright with the wimmins of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

fin12 wrote: »

Well for a start the whole premise of the show is to find love, so I imagine it was for that.

Not everyone goes on the show just so they can turn themselves into a cringey instagram salesperson for protein / person who gets paid 500 quid to appear in Palace nightclub in Navan on a Tuesday night / TV and magazine whore type career person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,922 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Correct. It was a case of a girl who got her heart broken and her journey after that. The win was all about Amber.
    Funnily enough, it said on VM news today that Greg will be having a homecoming in one of the niteclubs in limerick city. The name of the club is ‘Amber’!!

By the time that homecoming is on...
    Greg might be sick of coming in Amber tho?!

I'll get me coat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,922 ✭✭✭✭banie01

vladmydad wrote: »
    God the media really do everything to dirt the contestants, scary

That paper in particular is known as the The Scum, for a reason ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

banie01 wrote: »
    That paper in particular is known as the The Scum, for a reason ;)

they do it because the average love island viewer is their target audience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 helenawalsh

I'd say MM must be fuming at the moment. Tommy and MM won't last long together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Why must she be fuming? I don't get all this stuff about MM, and I feel bad for her about the vitriol that's been spouted about her online. Of course she was probably naturally disappointed to have come second in a TV show, especially when everyone in the villa was so sure they would win, but I'm sure she's gotten over that at this stage, and she looked nothing but delighted for Amber and Greg when they were announced as winners. She's going to make lots of money and have a reasonable amount of fame regardless, and I'm sure she's well aware of that.

Why must she be fuming? I don't get all this stuff about MM, and I feel bad for her about the vitriol that's been spouted about her online. Of course she was probably naturally disappointed to have come second in a TV show, especially when everyone in the villa was so sure they would win, but I'm sure she's gotten over that at this stage, and she looked nothing but delighted for Amber and Greg when they were announced as winners. She's going to make lots of money and have a reasonable amount of fame regardless, and I'm sure she's well aware of that.
    The thing about her is that she was expecting herself and Tommy to be the next Jack and Dani - even the producers were planning a show just like they did with them last year. Moreover, a lot of the conversations she's had with the producers have been leaked and that's why the audience never bought her "i've never felt like this before". I personally don't stand among the people who've been judging her looks or posting hate comments on her social media, but I never trusted her on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

No way will Amber be joining Geordie Shore now. She is way too big for that crap fest. She will have a career now similar to Dani Dyer and be a millionaire before Xmas. Crazy world we live in.

What exactly did Michael mean when he started shouting “ratings, ratings” after Amber and Greg won?

What exactly did Michael mean when he started shouting “ratings, ratings” after Amber and Greg won?
    I have no idea, but maybe he was implying that they wanted to increase the audience by making them winners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The thing about her is that she was expecting herself and Tommy to be the next Jack and Dani - even the producers were planning a show just like they did with them last year. Moreover, a lot of the conversations she's had with the producers have been leaked and that's why the audience never bought her "i've never felt like this before". I personally don't stand among the people who've been judging her looks or posting hate comments on her social media, but I never trusted her on the show.

Where are these leaked conversations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Apparently Anton has unfollowed MM on Instagram (the horror).

Because shes too faced and wanted to get rid of him and Belle.

Can’t wait for the Xmas reunion show. Harley will have a new set of knashers in by then.

The Irish guy on Love Island USA is a real tool. Very arrogant and unlikeable. Won’t be surprised if he is eliminated at very start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The Irish guy on Love Island USA is a real tool. Very arrogant and unlikeable. Won’t be surprised if he is eliminated at very start.

I just watched a few minutes of it there now. I must have heard the word "like" about 50 times.

So there was s an article on Joe.ie where they ranked all Love Island contestants from 39 to 1 fit their contribution to tv entertainment. One of my favorites Tom came in at no.5 ahead well ahead of the likes of Molly May, Tommy, Amber and even Curtis.
    Good old George and his snacks is 39!!

Oh sorry Amber came in at no.4. Meant to say before Anton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

So there was s an article on Joe.ie where they ranked all Love Island contestants from 39 to 1 fit their contribution to tv entertainment. One of my favorites Tom came in at no.5 ahead well ahead of the likes of Molly May, Tommy, Amber and even Curtis.
    Good old George and his snacks is 39!!

Tom wasn't there for long, but the amount of entertainment he provided was very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Saw a pic of Molly on Daily Mail, the state of her teeth. Check it out.

Still no snap of her and Tommy since the show ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Jamie2k9 wrote:
    Still no snap of her and Tommy since the show ended.
    No Instagram post or story from either of them since they came home. That might not sound weird. They're probably with family or whatever.

But her job is Instagram. Even the others put up posts thanking the public for their votes and support. They've put up nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

It is weird how Molly and Tommy have not put up anything on instagram. All of the others have posted multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

alroley wrote: »
    It is weird how Molly and Tommy have not put up anything on instagram. All of the others have posted multiple times.

Only think I've seen people say is Tommy's cousin is very bad in hospital, not sure if it's true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Did Molly Mae know he was from a traveling background? Maybe she’s just found out since getting out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,379 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Maybe they're locked up in a hotel doing an insatiable amount of riding. They're only young after all

Advertisement