Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭unichick

I agree. I’d say he has stolen a lot of his mates birds down through the years. Acts the nice guy but he has a black heart under it all. Amber won’t stay with him long.

No no no. I know two people who know him & he’s a top bloke. I won’t hear a word said against him. He’s a great representative of Limerick. He even stuck up for Michael ffs. Black heart my hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

unichick wrote: »
    No no no. I know two people who know him & he’s a top bloke. I won’t hear a word said against him. He’s a great representative of Limerick. He even stuck up for Michael ffs. Black heart my hole.

I also have a mutual friend with him and heard much of the same.
    He seems to be a nice normal guy from a nice family.
    Apparently his long term relationship ended very amicably not too long ago and he’s been single ever since.
    It’s not often that the Irish are well represented by nice, respectable people who do us proud so I’m baffled as to why people are determined to knock him down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Any word of when he is bringing Amber back to Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

He seems like a good guy in fairness.
    But the lad from Clare that’s on the USA version is a right arrogant tool. And Yerwande was an awful yoke too.
    So that’s 2 bad eggs to 1 good for the Irish this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

He seems like a good guy in fairness.
    But the lad from Clare that’s on the USA version is a right arrogant tool. And Yerwande was an awful yoke too.
    So that’s 2 bad eggs to 1 good for the Irish this year.

Ya forgot about the maura egg!

• Advertisement

greenttc wrote: »
    Ya forgot about the maura egg!

Jeez how did I forget about Maura. It’s 2-2 so, half of Irish are sound and other half are wan€ers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

SusieBlue wrote: »

I also have a mutual friend with him and heard much of the same.
    He seems to be a nice normal guy from a nice family.
    Apparently his long term relationship ended very amicably not too long ago and he’s been single ever since.
    It’s not often that the Irish are well represented by nice, respectable people who do us proud so I’m baffled as to why people are determined to knock him down.
    Can you get my number to him? :D

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

corkboy38 wrote: »

Apart from all the kissing and hugging etc, one thing made me quite sure he had a bit of a crush on Tommy when he said "I've never met anyone like you before".....Just struck me as something a mate wouldnt say.

Fair play though for being honest about it, Bi is still very misunderstood, lots of assumptions that it's a stepping stone to gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

IAMAMORON wrote:
    There is no smoke without fire anyway it seems

IAMAMORON wrote:
    It comes with the territory as far as I am concerned.

I completely agree. The whole idea of the show is romance. Whether or not, the feelings were genuine for each contestant, were up for discussion and it was natural to ponder Curtis's sincerity in his declared feelings, as his journey progressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Not sure but on the radio there he is due home tomorrow flying into shannon before lunch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

Not sure but on the radio there he is due home tomorrow flying into shannon before lunch

They're due in Shannon at 11.20am tomorrow.

deisemum wrote: »
    They're due in Shannon at 11.20am tomorrow.

Have St Bernard started printing T - Shirts yet ?

Yerwande was on the 6 o’clock show today. She came across as really arrogant and full of herself, going on about all the attention she has had since she left the show. She has no likeable traits really.
    Oh I know she has big lips but they looked even way bigger than normal. Do you think she would have had fillers since she left the villa??

The women on the US show are way hotter than UK. And they are more natural athletic figures without the needs to have lip fillers and be instagram celebrity’s. It just seems that on UK show everyone now is on the show to get famous and make money afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Yerwande was on the 6 o’clock show today. She came across as really arrogant and full of herself, going on about all the attention she has had since she left the show. She has no likeable traits really.
    Oh I know she has big lips but they looked even way bigger than normal. Do you think she would have had fillers since she left the villa??
    At least she wasnt swearing her head off and talking like a scum bag. I thought she was ok myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I think Yewande just has zero personality or no awareness of social norms. I watched her on the 6 o clock show too. The story about her and Michael going shopping and a fan wanted a picture so they said ugh, ok one quickly and then there was human traffic. She’s such a plonker
    Cannot wait for her 15 minutes to pass.

The women on the US show are way hotter than UK. And they are more natural athletic figures without the needs to have lip fillers and be instagram celebrity’s. It just seems that on UK show everyone now is on the show to get famous and make money afterwards.

Why else would people go on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

I wonder what happens to that villa now they’re all gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

vladmydad wrote: »
    Steam cleaning

then another year on air bnb I would imagine.

vladmydad wrote: »

Not a lot. But you could have a lovely Halloween party there.

It was previously just a normal villa rental, I am not sure if the owners rent to other tenants given the shows popularity.

See link for other options. I can think of worse things to do for a weekend with a large gang of your mates etc.

https://www.akvillas.com/destinations/spain/majorca/casa-estrella

You can get nice deals come November,December and January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

corkboy38 wrote: »

So does Maura so that in common :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I predict Greg and Amber on the first new season episode of The Late Late Show in September with Tubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I predict Greg and Amber on the first new season episode of The Late Late Show in September with Tubs

Surely they'll have Maura on before Greg and Amber?

The fact that she snubbed Limerick today would lead me to believe that she has bigger fish to fry. Her management team obviously don't see Ireland as a marketable opportunity for her, it appears that they would prefer if she was in the UK.

Not a very fair way to treat Greg either. I respect that her vote probably won it, but she was winning nothing without him either. Very disrespectful not turning up. He is gong to get spat out like bubble gum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The fact that she snubbed Limerick today would lead me to believe that she has bigger fish to fry. Her management team obviously don't see Ireland as a marketable opportunity for her, it appears that they would prefer if she was in the UK.

Not a very fair way to treat Greg either. I respect that her vote probably won it, but she was winning nothing without him either. Very disrespectful not turning up. He is gong to get spat out like bubble gum.

He’s not interested in her either, both just going through the motions. Reminds me of the first winner of season 1 Jess Hayes and Max Morley.

fin12 wrote: »
    He’s not interested in her either, both just going through the motions. Reminds me of the first winner of season 1 Jess Hayes and Max Morley.

The men are less marketable afterwards anyways, unless they have big personalities. Like I am sure Greg is a sound dude, but I can't see him doing star in a reasonably priced car anytime soon either. His best bet is doing appearances etc.

Contrast that with the likes of Curtis and maybe Ovie, although I think just girls are mad about Ovie, I am not too sure about blokes being into him that much at all.

The dark horse amongst the blokes could be Chris, he seems to have a brain at least. I am not saying Greg doesn't either, have a brain that is, I just feel that even if you wanted to market him at anything it would help if we knew what he was about. The fact that he was only on the show 2 weeks means we never really will.

I heard that Greg and Amber were making love in a London hotel the other night and she fake screamed out “Michael”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Anton is just trying to stay in the press and he can only do that by bitching about those that are more popular than him.

alroley wrote: »
    Anton is just trying to stay in the press and he can only do that by bitching about those that are more popular than him.

Spot on, it is the lad mags and the tabloids for Anton. Belle is not up to much either. She has no real marketability, she should try acting maybe, that time she kicked off deserved an Oscar.

• Advertisement

I don’t think Greg can really complain tho, as it was a fake scream. Best he just stay quiet and pretend he didn’t hear, and enjoy the ride!!

Advertisement