Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Is Anton on a mission to bitch about all the islanders? Maura apparently was demanding cigarettes all the time in the villa according to him and Belle...Maura has got a prime time gig so the claws are out.

And anyways we all knew already Maura was partial to aul fag now and then.
    Ha ha. Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Haha, the arrogant Irish Munster idiot has been deported from Love Island USA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Haha, the arrogant Irish Munster idiot has been deported from Love Island USA.
    Just dumped or was he kicked out ?

akelly02 wrote: »
    Just dumped or was he kicked out ?

Dumped. His couple was in bottom 2, and others had to choose one from each to save, and they picked the 2 originals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

Greg has said he will not be doing PA's as he's focused on his rugby and studying to be a solicitor.

Ovie's got a cookery slot on This Morning and will be cooking tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

alroley wrote: »
    Surely they'll have Maura on before Greg and Amber?

Yes she would be more popular, maybe all 3 together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I wouldn't mind Ovie cooking for me.

LirW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Ovie cooking for me.

But the only dish he knows is scrambled eggs, mashed avocados, tomatoes and toast. Are u gonna eat that meal 3 times a day??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

I really dunno how Greg holds any value in today's superficial world.

What's he actually done or achieved?

He's been on a TV show 2 weeks, just been a boring nice guy, plenty of them about, no real entertainment, no big character.

I'd have zero interest in seeing him on the Late Late show, is two weeks on a TV show really enough to warrant more air time?

Not for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Esse85 wrote: »
    I really dunno how Greg holds any value in today's superficial world.

What's he actually done or achieved?

He's been on a TV show 2 weeks, just been a boring nice guy, plenty of them about, no real entertainment, no big character.

I'd have zero interest in seeing him on the Late Late show, is two weeks on a TV show really enough to warrant more air time?

Not for me.

It’s a really sad world we live in when I see the money these people earn from doing f*ck all, nothing of value.

Who ever invented reality tv needs to be shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

fin12 wrote: »
    It’s a really sad world we live in when I see the money these people earn from doing f*ck all, nothing of value.

Eh.. but we watch it, are entertained by it, comment on it..must be some value to it..

Re Greg..I say fair play to him because he played the game better than most. Another may have come in to cause controversy, especially so late in the game. But he played on the fact the controversy had already happened and he reaped the reward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

jluv wrote: »
    Eh.. but we watch it, are entertained by it, comment on it..must be some value to it..

Re Greg..I say fair play to him because he played the game better than most. Another may have come in to cause controversy, especially so late in the game. But he played on the fact the controversy had already happened and he reaped the reward!

I don't think he played any game, he just got extremely lucky with the timing on a few different factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Esse85 wrote: »
    I don't think he played any game, he just got extremely lucky with the timing on a few different factors.

Kinda what I'm saying but maybe didn't say it right. He didn't need to play a game. But another person might have tried to be controversial but he recognised that he actually didn't need to do anything and just went with it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

So why watch it then?! Meh I don't begrudge these people their 5 minutes. They entertained me. They got lucky. Let them have it. Most of them will be washed up in a couple of years anyway.

So why watch it then?! Meh I don't begrudge these people their 5 minutes. They entertained me. They got lucky. Let them have it. Most of them will be washed up in a couple of years anyway.

I watch these kind of reality tv and trash shows purely for comedy and entertainment.
    But I think it is a real problem and deterioration in today’s society that younger people are looking to these type of shows for role models.
    Take Charlotte Crosby as an example. Ok the girl has more so much money and fame now and will continue to earn millions, but her behavior on tv is horrendous and she seems to have severe mental health issues. She has destroyed her looks with multiple plastic surgeries. Her current boyfriend is clearly just there for the fame and lifestyle. She seems deeply disturbed in spite of her millionaire lifestyle.
    I just think it’s wrong the way younger people idolize people like her and aspire to be like her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think theres a big difference between just watching it and then actually supporting and following these people after. Following them on social media, turning up and paying to meet them at their club appearances, buying what ever crap they promote or launch ex fitness dvds, books. It’s because of people that do this that they make a living and earn all that money.

Fair points! I definitely agree that a lot of reality starts are not the sort of people who should be seen as role models. It's a pity that's the way society is. I just try not to think about it too much :pac: Thankfully I don't have/want kids, but I hate thinking of my nephews and (especially) my niece growing up looking up to a lot of these sorts of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

I never thought I’d say this but I really really miss love island. Especially with this muck weather. Sitting there with broad daylight at 9-10 pm at night with 20+ degrees heat outside, looking at a tropical villa and sexy people.... I’m definitely gonna get some winter sun this year.

vladmydad wrote: »
    I never thought I’d say this but I really really miss love island. Especially with this muck weather. Sitting there with broad daylight at 9-10 pm at night with 20+ degrees heat outside, looking at a tropical villa and sexy people.... I’m definitely gonna get some winter sun this year.

The US one really isn’t cutting it. They’re all so dull. It’s way too rushed, new people and recouplings every night or two. That Caro one is mental and not even in an entertaining way.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

The US one really isn’t cutting it. They’re all so dull. It’s way too rushed, new people and recouplings every night or two. That Caro one is mental and not even in an entertaining way.

Yeh I watched one episode, god no. American versions of these shows drive me crazy.

Actually the first love island I ever saw was the Australian version, earlier this year and obviously this was the first year I’ve watched the UK one. I hope the Ausie version will be shown but I cannot find any information on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

vladmydad wrote: »
    Yeh I watched one episode, god no. American versions of these shows drive me crazy.

Actually the first love island I ever saw was the Australian version, earlier this year and obviously this was the first year I’ve watched the UK one. I hope the Ausie version will be shown but I cannot find any information on it.

The Aussie version was so good!

You should all watch the new season of ex on the beach USA, it started on mtv last week. It’s all reality tv stars that are on it and the drama and trashiness is in the 90s!! Love Island USA is very mild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Where can I watch the reunion show, anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Where can I watch the reunion show, anyone?

Virgin Media player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I can't find it on that.. Have u seen it on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Molly Mae is guest of honour at a teen disco in longford town Blazers tomorrow night..No mention of Tommy....

Really? Sounds like some gig that a desperate David Brent type would appear at. I thought MM would take advantage of her fame by appearing in clubs in England before having to face the dreaded teen disco circuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Ya she got a private plane into Knock in the lashing rain. Seems an idd choice. Maura was a guest at a London club last night.

I can't find it on that.. Have u seen it on it?

yeah it's there - it's under it's own show though, not in with the other love island episodes.

Really? Sounds like some gig that a desperate David Brent type would appear at. I thought MM would take advantage of her fame by appearing in clubs in England before having to face the dreaded teen disco circuit.

Her management booked her in for it like two months ago. No way she'd be booking those kind of things now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I actually quite enjoy the US one.
    I get what everyone is saying with it being rushed and the reason is that apparently Virgin edits the episodes a good bit shorter and leaves out "boring" scenes where you get to know the people a good bit more.
    Anyway since it's delayed by a few weeks anyway, the winners were crowned 2 days ago. I don't know when they air the final on Virgin though.

Advertisement