Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It was already announced, Amy is in the lineup.

I hadn’t heard. Who else is it it?? I love that show too. That Jack from LI jack and Dani came across as a right tool, no charm whatsoever. That Pete Wicks guy on the other hand, now he know how to chat up a bird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I gave the aussie one a go and it was OK until about a week ago. I liked the lads were not all best mates like is expected in the UK version. The lad who snogged Jessie day 1 was defo the black sheep and some tool. The irish lad had no 'banter' at all, he is clearly too long out of Laois. The lad Matthew who has been with 100+ has somehow ended up with church going 1 timer Cartier. The soldier has to be eyeing up his next TV gig wasting his time to the end with Cynthia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I gave the aussie one a go and it was OK until about a week ago. I liked the lads were not all best mates like is expected in the UK version. The lad who snogged Jessie day 1 was defo the black sheep and some tool. The irish lad had no 'banter' at all, he is clearly too long out of Laois. The lad Matthew who has been with 100+ has somehow ended up with church going 1 timer Cartier. The soldier has to be eyeing up his next TV gig wasting his time to the end with Cynthia.

Yah because I'm sure the 'banter' in Laois is mighty:rolleyes:

Leslie91 wrote: »

The final is tonight. Reckon Cartier and 100+ will win it.
    The Irish fella on it was a real drongo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

The final is tonight. Reckon Cartier and 100+ will win it.
    The Irish fella on it was a real drongo.

And a 'Flaming galah'!!!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Cynthia and Army have broken up already. Apparently he was on some dating show before (similar to The Bachelor) and got engaged to your one from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

pooch90 wrote: »
    Cynthia and Army have broken up already. Apparently he was on some dating show before (similar to The Bachelor) and got engaged to your one from it

Jasus! Cartier and Matthew have split too. Think they are axing it after this year.

When's the UK winter one starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

martyoo wrote: »
    Jasus! Cartier and Matthew have split too. Think they are axing it after this year.

When's the UK winter one starting?

Not shocked at that tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Are any of the couples from love island uk still together ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

vladmydad wrote: »
    Are any of the couples from love island uk still together ?

Tommy and Molly Mae are living together and Curtis and Maura are still together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

See Maura is going to be on Dancing on Ice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Flack has been charged with a domestic violence incident, really hope ITV don't drop her from LI.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Flack has been charged with a domestic violence incident, really hope ITV don't drop her from LI.

She must have had a domestic with her latest boyfriend. Is she still with the fella from the apprentice?? She seems to have a complicated personal life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

She must have had a domestic with her latest boyfriend. Is she still with the fella from the apprentice?? She seems to have a complicated personal life.

No another guy. That guy from the apprentice moved to Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

You’re joking right? If it was the other way around there’d be calls for him to be locked up. If proven guilty, that should be the end of her career.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

You’re joking right? If it was the other way around there’d be calls for him to be locked up. If proven guilty, that should be the end of her career.

Two sides to every story.

In fairness it sounds like it wasn’t really anything. Just a bit of a barney between lovers. Something similar to the boris Johnston thing couple of months ago. Justice for the Flack!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Ah lads and lassies, come on now. The fella was brought to hospital and she was arrested for assault so it has to have been fairly serious.

I agree, if it was the other way around there'd be cries of "end of their career".

And I say that as a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Ah lads and lassies, come on now. The fella was brought to hospital and she was arrested for assault so it has to have been fairly serious.

I agree, if it was the other way around there'd be cries of "end of their career".

And I say that as a woman.

The last fella she was with said the relationship was toxic and it saved his life getting out of it. I know he was def a pr*ck in his own right but no smoke without fire and all that....

The new season in South Africa is starting in a few weeks. I hope it will still go ahead. Although if it is anything like that other show they did in South Africa a few years ago, battle of the sexes I think it was called, it maybe better it got cancelled. I think 2 series of uk love island a year is a bad move, it should be left as a summer thing only.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Is this the guy she had the cocaine tantrum with ?

The papers say he is 27, she is foooking 40. Why can't she pick on someone her own age?

nintchdbpict0003890133342.jpg

They should fire her ass, it is not acceptable to be condoning violence, I don't care how good looking she is. She should have gone to rehab years ago.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Is this the guy she had the cocaine tantrum with ?

The papers say he is 27, she is foooking 40. Why can't she pick on someone her own age?

nintchdbpict0003890133342.jpg

They should fire her ass, it is not acceptable to be condoning violence, I don't care how good looking she is. She should have gone to rehab years ago.

That’s the fella who was on the apprentice few years ago, then when he had a little bit of fame they got together. But they were always fighting and on/off and eventually off for good. He seems to have disappeared completely, he is possibly buried in her back garden!!
    It’s a new fella this time, he looks older and stronger that that apprentice fella. They been together for about 6 months according to papers.

That’s the fella who was on the apprentice few years ago, then when he had a little bit of fame they got together. But they were always fighting and on/off and eventually off for good. He seems to have disappeared completely, he is possibly buried in her back garden!!
    It’s a new fella this time, he looks older and stronger that that apprentice fella. They been together for about 6 months according to papers.

She is a nutter I reckon. I never trust women like her that pick young guys who are much younger. It is a control thing, she can mould them into doing what she wants. Almost like a little cuddly poodle. Why can't she go out with men her own age and generation? I don't like the sound of her at all. She might be a babe etc, but I reckon she is bonkers in behind it all, yuck.

Most worrying is that she never seems to be able to keep a relationship going.... what is going on there?

She wont be sacked but a man certainly would. The message to young girls and women watching love island is go ahead and assault your boyfriend nothing much will come of it.

Btw if he had hit her back all we would hear of is him being a monster and her the poor victim. Makes you wonder how many domestic violence incidents are initiated by women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I get the impression she has some sort of alcohol/substance problems. Wasn't there an ambulance called to her house a while ago for her own safety?

Her fetish for young men is kinda peculiar, but whatever she's into, I guess

Still Ill wrote: »
    I get the impression she has some sort of alcohol/substance problems. Wasn't there an ambulance called to her house a while ago for her own safety?

Her fetish for young men is kinda peculiar, but whatever she's into, I guess

I have no problem with her having a younger partner, but the thing is that she never seems to keep a relationship down. Instead she is having a string of flings with loads of young, impressionable men. I find it distasteful and a bit predatorial if I am honest. What is her problem with dating a genuine man for a proper amount of time? Most women I know are in to strong monogamous relationships , has she had even 1 long term boyfriend? She is 40 btw?

I have no problem with her having a younger partner, but the thing is that she never seems to keep a relationship down. Instead she is having a string of flings with loads of young, impressionable men. I find it distasteful and a bit predatorial if I am honest. What is her problem with dating a genuine man for a proper amount of time? Most women I know are in to strong monogamous relationships , has she had even 1 long term boyfriend? She is 40 btw?

Her choice, once they're above the age of consent. I obviously don't condone her battering the ****e out of them.

Her choice, once they're above the age of consent. I obviously don't condone her battering the ****e out of them.

It is massively her choice, each to their own and everything, I just find it peculiar.

Toy Boys are fine, I just would worry were she is getting her mental stimulation from, emotionally.

It is massively her choice, each to their own and everything, I just find it peculiar.

Toy Boys are fine, I just would worry were she is getting her mental stimulation from, emotionally.

It's absolutely peculiar, I said as much in my initial post. It's her life though. As far as mental stimulation goes, I'd guess she's not a member of Mensa herself. Looks like that's not the type of stimulation she seeks!

• Advertisement

It's absolutely peculiar, I said as much in my initial post. It's her life though. As far as mental stimulation goes, I'd guess she's not a member of Mensa herself. Looks like that's not the type of stimulation she seeks!

Oh no way, I would say she is smart enough. Looks will only get you so far. You need to be clever to get ahead in TV, especially over there. I wouldn't doubt her intelligence, at all.

But there is something tragic about her though? Something is up like? Why all the substance abuse and the rest of it? She is 40, most women are well past settling down etc at that point in their lives. She is definitely struggling with some demons.

Advertisement