Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Riding starts tomorrow, finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sandz_066

Yewande is stunning but she seriously needs a better weave.. it detracts from her beauty

Yewande is a lovely girl but I wouldn't call her stunning. Small eyes and giant gnashers. But as a person she's lovely and very intelligent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Don't watch the show but read the thread .
    For those wondering why there's no show (Sunday night ?) , it's because the boys and girls all have a day off while the house gets cleaned !

They go to the beach , chill , chat , often with the one's you might not see them talking to on the show .

There's a video clip of I think it was an ex contestant , talking about it with Phil and Holly on This Morning .

I was also wondering how some of the contestants keep up with their external beauty treatments, like skin treatments or seeing a nail tech!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

I really don't see what about people see in Yewande, she's not nasty but I haven't seen much to say shes a lovely girl. Is she getting an easy time here because she's irish?

Amber is a bit of me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

corkboy38 wrote: »

Amber is a bit of me.

Really, I think she's as irritating as the Clap. I've had caniston cream for less.

Really, I think she's as irritating as the Clap. I've had caniston cream for less.

It's the personality I like. Intrigue, sarcastic, cheeky and very easy to look at.

Would she annoy me at times? Yes. Would I want to pie her off sometimes? Yes. It certainly wouldn't be boring...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It's the personality I like. Intrigue, sarcastic, cheeky and very easy to look at.

Would she annoy me at times? Yes. Would I want to pie her off sometimes? Yes. It certainly wouldn't be boring...

She is definitely attractive. Her accent is cute and her hair is nice and fluffy. But I would be terrified to see what is underneath. Something is going to fall out of her brain in the next few weeks and to be honest I would not be looking forward to it. I think she might have issues for starters. She is not the shrewdest anyway and it worries me that she would think that she is.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    She is definitely attractive. Her accent is cute and her hair is nice and fluffy. But I would be terrified to see what is underneath. Something is going to fall out of her brain in the next few weeks and to be honest I would not be looking forward to it. I think she might have issues for starters. She is not the shrewdest anyway and it worries me that she would think that she is.

It'll be interesting to see what happens now she's taking an interest in Michael.

Molly Mae will ruffle a few feathers by the time the week is out.

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=corkboy38;110407001]It'll be interesting to see what happens now she's taking an interest in Michael.

Molly Mae will ruffle a few feathers by the time the week is out.[/QUOTE]

She is not interested in Michael at all. She knows though that if she is coupled up with him that she gets into next week.

At some time the producers are going to throw in a proper Alpha male lady killer who will lap them all up. That arguably could be the new boy Danny. I don't believe he is only 21 btw.

Well yeah, "Ladykiller" Tommy Fury didn't work out too well for the producers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Outside of Curtis, the house is a craicuum.

LirW wrote: »
    Well yeah, "Ladykiller" Tommy Fury didn't work out too well for the producers.

He is only in there for his name. Obviously not the smartest, he is very immature also. Very pliable I would imagine, I would say the producers have him well wound up.

I would imagine giving the popularity of the show they would get a lot of interest. They get to interview and assess all potential contestants. It is not unlike a talent show, they can manipulate what happens. One of their biggest tools is the placement of different personalities at different stages of the game.

For example I would say that it is no fluke that Curtis and Amy are in there now and coupled up. They both have heads on there shoulders and are in a different intellectual league to the rest of them.

There is no way a bird as gorgeous as Amy has never had a boyfriend before..... at 26 it is not possible.

Bringing someone from last year in to shake things up would be a genius move.

Georgia for example...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Bringing someone from last year in to shake things up would be a genius move.

Georgia for example...

Only because she's gobby. Not really anything to do with her having been there last year. Don't think it would do anything for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I actually really enjoyed last year and didn't agree with the comments about it being slow/boring but unless some major drama happens to stir things up I'm going to lose interest this year.

None of them seem remotely interested in each other (bar Amy for Curtis but I don't think its reciprocated to the same extent). Its like they all just want to be pals and go on the sesh. Absolute snoozefest.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    None of them seem remotely interested in each other (bar Amy for Curtis but I don't think its reciprocated to the same extent). Its like they all just want to be pals and go on the sesh. Absolute snoozefest.

The downside to it being so popular I wonder? People see the riches and rewards they'll get if they stay in it long enough so take the safe option. "Friendship couple" is something that's been mentioned by a few of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yewande is a lovely girl but I wouldn't call her stunning. Small eyes and giant gnashers. But as a person she's lovely and very intelligent.

Agree... not one bit stunning and she does appear to have dumbed herself down somewhat... She's another person who really shouldn't be on this show. Mind you there is more than 1 in there this year like that..

Where are the fireworks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Seemingly
    Sherif
    has been kicked out for breaking the rules according to OK and DailyMail on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

^ All the major news sites are reporting it too so I don't think its a spoiler. I wonder what rule he broke?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

kitten_k wrote: »
    Seemingly
    Sherif
    has been kicked out for breaking the rules according to OK and DailyMail on Facebook.

Admitted he broke them and talked to producers.

Wonder what rule.

The Sun have quotes from him apologising.

If twitter is to be believed then it will be shown on tonights show. Danny make a move on Anna?

If twitter is to be believed then it will be shown on tonights show. Danny make a move on Anna?

Yeah she's single now he's gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Yeah she's single now he's gone

Anton will be onto that quicker than a block of kerrygold butter would melt in the Ibiza sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Adamocovic wrote: »
    kitten_k wrote: »
    Seemingly
    Sherif

Admitted he broke them and talked to producers.

Wonder what rule.
    Think he was using his phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

There was only 1 sheriff in town. Now there’s none.

Think he was using his phone.

Phones are left in lockdown. Apparently according to twitter it's a lot worse then that

• Advertisement

Phones are left in lockdown. Apparently according to twitter it's a lot worse then that

What did he do ? Links please , this is killing me.

Advertisement