Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

greenttc wrote: »
    Tommy wiped his sweaty armpits with a cushion from the house.......uuuggghhhhh!

I always cringe when they all snuggle up in the outside beds with their shoes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Damn I knew I shouldn’t have worn lipstick the last time I kissed Maura’s right ass cheek.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I love the way Tommy lets on he hasn't a clue by pretending to not know the capital of France, guys a playa for sure. It's 22/7 btw.

Who has the greatest boobs?? Amber or Lucy??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Who has the greatest boobs?? Amber or Lucy??

Lucie.

Cos hers aren't attached to Amber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/06/15/love-islands-sherif-lanre-axed-kicking-molly-mae-hague-groin-9969993/amp/

As a woman, I would not find that offensive if it was a genuine accident and friendly banter.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/06/15/love-islands-sherif-lanre-axed-kicking-molly-mae-hague-groin-9969993/amp/

As a woman, I would not find that offensive if it was a genuine accident and friendly banter.

Total over reaction. Have seen commentary that the producers wanted to avoid another Roxanne/Ryan CBB fiasco so nipped it in the bud.

If I remember correctly Ellie called Georgia that word in an argument last year and she was allowed stay. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/love-island/4219597/love-island-2019s-sherif-slams-rumours-he-was-kicked-out-of-the-villa-for-taking-cocaine/

The video of him telling the story is on there, he says he may have been kicked out due to racism and sexism.

He may have a point given Maura's attempted rape of Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/love-island/9302539/love-island-sherif-kicked-out-joke-molly/

Apparently he was kicked out for accidentally kicking Molly in the crotch and joked calling it a cunt punt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/love-island/9302539/love-island-sherif-kicked-out-joke-molly/

Apparently he was kicked out for accidentally kicking Molly in the crotch and joked calling it a cunt punt

That's fair enough isn't it?

• Advertisement

pinkyeye wrote: »
    That's fair enough isn't it?

I would be taking anything published by the Irish Sun with a spoonful of salt. But yes any undue violence and the producers have gone nope, he is outta here. I would say they are like hawks with them for the first few weeks. Any indication of bullying etc would be a no no. Particularly physical stuff.

We also don't see the half off what is going on in there. I would imagine it could well have been the straw that broke the camels back. He didn't just get the boot for play fighting while brushing his teeth. They may have used that as part of a collection of reasons they wanted him out. Stuff that might not be apparent. He could have had personal hygiene issues etc, he may have freaked/creeped out some of the girls which led to a complaint, rude etc, bad for TV, we might never find out in fairness.

I'd never heard the expression cúnt punt before. I actually giggled when I read it.
    Maura told Tommy she had fánny flutters from him..but that's OK, she's a woman.
    The most shocking thing I actually read in Sherif's account is that the producers woke him 2 hours earlier than the others to evict him.. At 12.30pm!
    Lazy shíts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

I still don't understand why people get so offended by the word c*nt. In Ireland, England, Scotland and Australia is is almost as common as sh*t or f*ck. If someone cannot see the innocent humour in Sherif's rhyming joke they need to be bubble wrapped and kept inside for the rest of their life.

Harsh on Sherif tbh, very harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I just don't belive that's the full issue, has to be more to it.

Maura was alluding to Tommy's erection quite blatantly and noone took issue with that.
    Noone took issue that she had him in an isolated position on a sofa and trying to kiss him despite him rejecting it numerous times.
    You're probably right that more went on with Sherif but I think there are a lot of double standards in life now after #metoo and a certain rape trial.

Maura was alluding to Tommy's erection quite blatantly and noone took issue with that.
    Noone took issue that she had him in an isolated position on a sofa and trying to kiss him despite him rejecting it numerous times.
    You're probably right that more went on with Sherif but I think there are a lot of double standards in life now after #metoo and a certain rape trial.

Not necessarily the case. I have been trying to get my oats off birds since I was a twelve year old.... but I soon learnt that there are certain no no's that are unacceptable behaviour, without being labelled as a pest or a sexual deviant.

I don't know what he did, but for all we know he could have been getting gropey with all of them and one of them complained. That is more likely.

" were sorry mr Sheriff but given that is the 5th time you have chunt punted a contestant this week we think it's time you packed your bags. You have punted your last chunt around here" .. something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Not necessarily the case. I have been trying to get my oats off birds since I was a twelve year old.... but I soon learnt that there are certain no no's that are unacceptable behaviour, without being labelled as a pest or a sexual deviant.

I don't know what he did, but for all we know he could have been getting gropey with all of them and one of them complained. That is more likely.

" were sorry mr Sheriff but given that is the 5th time you have chunt punted a contestant this week we think it's time you packed your bags. You have punted your last chunt around here" .. something like that

Seems more likely that he was already on a warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

foxyladyxx wrote:
    I read somewhere else that Sherif was sleeping a lot and keeping to himself. I dont think he got on with many people. Anna had said she barely spent time with him.

They're encouraged to spend time together and "have chats". If he wasn't interacting and holding up his end of the agreement he was probably warned and thats why he got fvck all screen time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭A Summer In Provence

Maura got her tactics very badly wrong IMO.

The professional boxer in Tommy is programmed to equate success and achievement with having to fight hard to attain it. Maura handed herself to him on a plate and completely deprived him of a challenge/chase. Tommy will be bored by that.

I’d be a bit concerned about Maura after the show ends, no doubt she will make money in the short term but I think in a couple of years we’ll see her name in one of those “What ever happened to X?” columns in the SINDO’s Life Magazine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Is Maura a member of the travelling community?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Maura and Tommy have the same management agency

Meaning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I got that impression straight away and I think Tommy smelled it a mile away too which is why he was probably so attracted initially (the Fury’s father is a member).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 chumpster

Just to clarify Maura is not a traveller. I know her family.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

chumpster wrote: »

We know that but she sounds like one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Meaning?

Fairly straightforward question without hidden meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭A Summer In Provence

Ladies, Ye could do worse than tune into The Sunday Game. Check out one of their new pundits - Neil McManus... hotter than any of the men on this year’s Love Island (except maybe Tommy) and he has a very sexy Northern accent too... He has that Jamie Doran thing going on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

chumpster wrote: »

My apologies then.

We know that but she sounds like one

Do you think Una Healy from the Saturday’s is also a traveler?? She has a similar accent. It is a normal Irish midlands accent. (Una is from Tipperary which is south midlands) It is actually a mid range Irish accent, it is not extreme like cork/Kerry in south or Belfast/Derry in north, or even the harsh Dublin accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

foxyladyxx wrote: »

He also admitted in an interview that he was previously given a warning for calling Amber a "lighty".

I reckon the reports of him not being involved with people were true, he wasn't giving the producers much to work with, he was already given a warning and then when the cúnt punt incident happened they decided to get rid.

Advertisement