Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Maura got her tactics very badly wrong IMO.

The professional boxer in Tommy is programmed to equate success and achievement with having to fight hard to attain it. Maura handed herself to him on a plate and completely deprived him of a challenge/chase. Tommy will be bored by that.

I’d be a bit concerned about Maura after the show ends, no doubt she will make money in the short term but I think in a couple of years we’ll see her name in one of those “What ever happened to X?” columns in the SINDO’s Life Magazine.

Like pretty much every Love Island contestant ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭A Summer In Provence

Like pretty much every Love Island contestant ever.
    Women like Anna, Amber and Yewande are intelligent women with good careers already, I believe they will continue to be successful professionally even if they’re not “famous” but Maura appears to be relying almost completely on her sex appeal and in a few years that may not be enough.

Women like Anna, Amber and Yewande are intelligent women with good careers already, I believe they will continue to be successful professionally even if they’re not “famous” but Maura appears to be relying almost completely on her sex appeal and in a few years that may not be enough.

They all go on it to make money from it. Love Island won't exactly have a negative impact on Maura's career of modelling and being a ring girl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

She isn't a traveller at all, she just has a Longford accent. A traveller woman wouldn't be let on the show by her family I imagine. And travellers only date other travellers, so doubt Tommy will last with any of em. His father is very old school.

At the same time with certain country accents and you can be mistaken for a traveller. Theres also settled traveller families would live in our local town for 80 years. I'm not even sure sometimes whos is a traveller and who isn't. In some cases the only way you'd know is the surname. McDonagh, Ward, Nevin, Mongan, Maughan would be the main ones locally here anyway.

They all go on it to make money from it. Love Island won't exactly have a negative impact on Maura's career of modelling and being a ring girl.
    I suppose it depends on the type of modeling. I’d imagine some well known companies might be slow to use her as a brand ambassador because her persona and potty mouth might be in conflict with their corporate image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Tonight’s episode is gonna be amazing. If tommy pick molly may I am gonna throw my tv off my penthouse balcony.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Tonight’s episode is gonna be amazing. If tommy pick molly may I am gonna throw my tv off my penthouse balcony.
    He will I guarantee it hahah

Maura vs Molly May tonight is our biggest battle with the aul enemy since Euro 88.

Maura vs Molly May tonight is our biggest battle with the aul enemy since Euro 88.

Yes. It is the final chapter in the trilogy. Euro 88, Italia 90, Love Island 2019.

I suppose it depends on the type of modeling. I’d imagine some well known companies might be slow to use her as a brand ambassador because her persona and potty mouth might be in conflict with their corporate image.

Depends. Love Island might not be picked up on the radar of a lot of well known companies or their target markets. Either way, she'll be better off for having been on Love Island.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

In fairness whilst Maura is not unattractive I doubt there will be many models schittin any bricks out there. She is OKAYISH looking, but she is no fox or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

There's a PR company in one of the Sunday papers saying that even if Maura was to go this week, her antics could have already earned her upwards of a million quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ladies, Ye could do worse than tune into The Sunday Game. Check out one of their new pundits - Neil McManus... hotter than any of the men on this year’s Love Island (except maybe Tommy) and he has a very sexy Northern accent too... He has that Jamie Doran thing going on...

Don't assume we are all ladies lol

Plus he is my cousin..so no..just no

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

gmisk wrote: »
    Don't assume we are all ladies lol

If ya can't keep it in the pants keep it in the family hey

So tonight Predictions
    Tommy- Molly
    Michael- Amber
    Joe- Lucie
    Anton- Elma
    Danny- yewande
    Curtis -Amy

Maura and Anna Gone.

corkboy38 wrote: »
    If ya can't keep it in the pants keep it in the family hey
    Maybe in Cork boy!

So tonight Predictions
    Tommy- Molly
    Michael- Amber
    Joe- Lucie
    Anton- Elma
    Danny- yewande
    Curtis -Amy

Maura and Anna Gone.

Wuda ya ever cop onto yourself!! Maura is the queen of the villa and she is going nowhere except tommy’s bed.

So tonight Predictions
    Tommy- Molly
    Michael- Amber
    Joe- Lucie
    Anton- Elma
    Danny- yewande
    Curtis -Amy

Maura and Anna Gone.

Wuda ya ever cop onto yourself!! Maura is the queen of the villa and she is going nowhere except tommy’s bed.
    U think mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Molly-Mae and Anna in bother. Wonder will two be going tonight or will they be getting the rest of the islanders to keep one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

If Maura is not picked they won't throw her out. She's TV gold, they'll want to keep her in no matter what.

• Advertisement

martyoo wrote: »
    Molly-Mae and Anna in bother. Wonder will two be going tonight or will they be getting the rest of the islanders to keep one.
    The talk on Twitter is that Maura is gone.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    If Maura is not picked they won't throw her out. She's TV gold, they'll want to keep her in no matter what.
    This was picked friday

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

pinkyeye wrote: »

Exactly this, the producers will pull something to keep her. It was watching paint dry until she went in

ETA - sorry just seen said picked Friday, they’ll be bulling if she’s gone

gmisk wrote: »
    Be still my beating heart - I do believe I might be in lust with your cousin. He is fine looking man and he seems to know a bit about hurling :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BoredwithLife

Just after reading in The Sun about Sherifs departure from the Villa. Absolutely shocking it is. He deserved to go. Rumour has it he was rude to the contestants. He wouldn't even to Anna.

Just because Maura is from the Midlands and has an unusual accent, doesn't make her an itinerant. People should not be so bias towards her.
    She is a successful model and has landed a big gig on Love Island. Perhaps she is doing herself no favours by making an eejit of herself on telly but she has saved the series.

I've noticed there is a small click developing in the Villa with Amy as the ringleader. She is slightly threatened by Lucie. Perhaps jealous of her relationship with Joe.

Does anyone reckon that Amy is a Snowflake?

Will anyone be watching Aftersun tonight and seeing Caroline Flack in all her glory?

Be still my beating heart - I do believe I might be in lust with your cousin. He is fine looking man and he seems to know a bit about hurling :D:D:D
    Ha I will pass on your compliments when I see him, he is an excellent hurler, well by Antrim standards.
    He is also married lol

Just because Maura is from the Midlands and has an unusual accent, doesn't make her an itinerant. People should not be so bias towards her.
    She is a successful model and has landed a big gig on Love Island. Perhaps she is doing herself no favours by making an eejit of herself on telly but she has saved the series.

I've noticed there is a small click developing in the Villa with Amy as the ringleader. She is slightly threatened by Lucie. Perhaps jealous of her relationship with Joe.

Does anyone reckon that Amy is a Snowflake?

Will anyone be watching Aftersun tonight and seeing Caroline Flack in all her glory?

It seems Joe and Lucie are on their last legs in tonight's episode.

It seems Joe and Lucie are on their last legs in tonight's episode.

That's a pity because they make a good couple. Perhaps the public don't see it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

pc7 wrote: »
    Exactly this, the producers will pull something to keep her. It was watching paint dry until she went in

ETA - sorry just seen said picked Friday, they’ll be bulling if she’s gone

Doesn't matter whether it happened on Friday or not, the producers already knew she was TV gold.

Advertisement