Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Missed it.. Who went?

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Hope Anton is saved so we can see more of him getting deep with that rice cake.

Absolute scenes seeing Curtis finger Amy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Maura my love get to stroking Anton's ego fair lively, think Tom is much more into Elma and her into him. Contrary to everyone else it's Elmas voice that grates my ears, find it much worse than any of the others.

Molly looked beautiful I thought, still think Tommy will wander again.

Minimal Amy screen time was a nice touch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Aaaaand I forgot to post the screenshot. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The producers move the goal posts to whatever part of the pitch that they want.

I hope for Joe's sake they ramp up the old good PR for his last few days.

I would say Anton is safe enough. I stll reckon he could win it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    The producers move the goal posts to whatever part of the pitch that they want.

I hope for Joe's sake they ramp up the old good PR for his last few days.

I would say Anton is safe enough. I stll reckon he could win it.

Mod Snip (Spoiler).
    Spoiler removed, red card given. Please read charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭A Summer In Provence

I think we need to see some “real life” challenges.... along the lines of....

Who can stack a dishwasher correctly and unload it
    DIY skills - hanging shelves, wallpapering
    Vacuuming
    Who can fix a washing machine
    Ironing challenge
    Duvet cover changing
    Culinary skills - Tommy could be in trouble there

Okay, enough of my domestic troubles :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spoiler removed, thread cleaned up.

Anyone who posts spoilers a day early is a dick. The next offence will result in a ban until the end of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

greenttc wrote:
    How is Maura going so mad about Elma talking to new tom?? She is going around giving out that Elma is terrible and she would never do that to any girl.....eh,short memory there Maura,did you not do the same to molly?

The difference is, her and Elma arrived together and had gotten to know each other and were pally. After their dates Elma said Tom wasn't her type.. and Maura made it clear she was. Yeah Elma should get to know who she wants but she said she sees no difference between Anton and Tom. If she had found him attractive in the first place I think Maura would be ok with it.
    Elma's eyelashes are awful. They make her look cross eyed at times. Her body language there was showing no interest at all. Can't see why he finds her attractive. She talks like the way Chris Pratt imitated Essex girls on Graham Norton.
    Enjoying Maura a lot. She's great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Where are people finding out spoilers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

You didn't delete the spoiler... Its still there

Thanks, dudara got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

No they do it every single year haha

They don't though. Last year they voted for the least compatible couples and the public then voted for a couple to stay.

The producers have changed it to keep Anton. They probably don't care who goes between Lucie and Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Mr E wrote: »
    Spoiler removed, thread cleaned up.

Anyone who posts spoilers a day early is a dick. The next offence will result in a ban until the end of the show.

In fairness dude it’s not exactly game of thrones we’re discussing here!!

Multiple reported posts say otherwise. People are invested in this show and don't want it spoiled.

Justice for Dirk Ziggler. He was posting on here from the start of the series without spoilers. I’ve done far worse!!

Dirk isn't banned. He is free to keep posting (as long as there are no spoilers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I had a shower thought earlier: if Joe and Elma get dumped, I totally hope for Anton and Lucie to couple up.
    Now they might not seem like a match at first but hear me out:
    Anton goes after women that love their drama while he himself actually despises it. He is a lad's lad and has a good sense of humour. While he seems like a tool, I give him that he successfully runs a business and he is athletic.

Now she's a ladette and the only girl who's a proper athlete herself. She isn't into girly drama like the others and generally quite laid back.

They both strike me as people that don't only look for a romantic partner but for a partner that's great craic and also nice to hang out on a friendly base.

Anton is the total opposite of Joe, he isn't as bland as Tommy and he's quite good looking.
    Honestly, I'd love to see that happen.

LirW wrote: »
    I had a shower thought earlier: if Joe and Elma get dumped, I totally hope for Anton and Lucie to couple up.
    Now they might not seem like a match at first but hear me out:
    Anton goes after women that love their drama while he himself actually despises it. He is a lad's lad and has a good sense of humour. While he seems like a tool, I give him that he successfully runs a business and he is athletic.

Now she's a ladette and the only girl who's a proper athlete herself. She isn't into girly drama like the others and generally quite laid back.

They both strike me as people that don't only look for a romantic partner but for a partner that's great craic and also nice to hang out on a friendly base.

Anton is the total opposite of Joe, he isn't as bland as Tommy and he's quite good looking.
    Honestly, I'd love to see that happen.

But Anton and Joe are best buddies. He said so on the Aftersun show.
    I reckon Anton and Maura should partner up, they would probably win the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

But Anton and Joe are best buddies. He said so on the Aftersun show.
    I reckon Anton and Maura should partner up, they would probably win the show.

They're both gas but for different reasons. I don't see that working out too well. Also it's not that Anton has morals :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You'd hope for Joe's sake it's poor editing but you'd hate for your daughter or sister to end up with him.

It's also pretty much turning into one of those TOWIE / MiC shows with its scripted reality. I know in the past contestants have said Producers tell them who to have a chat with, when and the topic but its so blatant now. Not helped by the fact that the contestants aren't able to make it look like a genuine conversation. Molly-Mae in particular is awful at this.

I’m getting bored with this show now, but I’m going to give it another night or two.

I’m glad the producers saved Maura but it’s become very clear that the producers are fully in control of who stays and goes and not the contestants or the audience. At least with Big Brother there was an element of suspense on eviction night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Yeah the producers are really manipulating things this year.

Put two lads in so Maura would stay and then made the vote a single one today so as to get rid of Joe because there are so many complaints about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

pinkyeye wrote: »

Put two lads in so Maura would stay and then made the vote a single one today so as to get rid of Joe because there are so many complaints about him.
    Spoiler alert!

It’s been pretty boring this year with the psycho joe, tommy triangles, Amy vs Lucy and Maura the sex queen storylines.

It’s been pretty boring this year with the psycho joe, tommy triangles, Amy vs Lucy and Maura the sex queen storylines.

Apart from those storylines.

pinkyeye wrote: »

The show has had a lot of complaints about Maura’s unwelcome advances towards Tommy but the producers decided to save her. Speaking about double standards.....

I personally don’t think Maura did any harm (trying to kiss Tommy) but if a man had done the same thing Twitter would be in melt down. We live in mad times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I think it's more a case that they want Lucie free to make a Lucie-Tommy relationship a thing for a few episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/love-island/4230995/love-island-maura-higgins-fiance/

Maura is definately looking to upgrade from her 98D fiance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 BoredwithLife

Does anyone think that Big Brother's Marcus Bentley would make a better narrator on Love Island than Iain Stirling?

In fairness he is out of a job for the summer with no Big Brother around.

Advertisement