Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,124 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Bye bye Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

He'll have to watch her couple up with someone else on the telly.

I'd be beefing up security on the island. He definitely has a 'mass shooter' vibe to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Bye bye Joe.

Lucie looks really upset that she won’t be further emotionally abused moving forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

These people are so fake

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

See how all the girls went straight to Elma and none of them went to Lucie.. b**ches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭mullinr2

gmisk wrote: »
    Maura is really pretty but she is a tad rough let's be honest.
    Elma has ruined her looks with those shocking bloody lips!

Maura is rough full stop. That Longford accent! My god, shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

mullinr2 wrote: »

Funnily enough, it's easy picture that sentence in her accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You know Lucie.. life's too short for bitches and all this crying.

Just go home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Sure we knew that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

gmisk wrote: »
    Ok there is something called girl code apparently....is there a boy code?
    What is the code?

Mollie May needs to wash her face...

It called the bro code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I do hope for Lucie and Anton coupling up now, they'd be a so nice together and Joe would get the smack in the face he deserves.

How do I do spoilers In future.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

Anton is a decent decent guy, see how he congratulated Michael and Amber when they were safe and his reaction to him being saved after it proved he's a good guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Hard to know with Joe.

Like for example I had no idea how close Anton and him were because producers didn't really show us much between them but he seemed more gutted with Joe going than Elma.

Joe definitely came across as possessive and controlling with Lucie, but a bit of me wonders did they run with it and increase how much he came across like that with the editing and what they chose to put it.

Seemed like he did care for her but the backlash he'll get leaving will be terrible. Hard to tell how much of it is really warranted. It's a strange environment in there and with the vulnerability and aim of the game being people hoping around from couples it can heighten people's anxiety and paranoia when you do fall for someone compared to the real world.

Happy he's gone as I don't think he brought too much after he got coupled up Lucie but at the same time feel kind of bad for him.

Tell me this for everyone who said that this didn't happen when I said it did. How do they already have Lucie wanting to leave filmed after it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Obvious results tonight. I think Lucie will leave. She's not had a good time in there at all. I hope if she does, she stays away from Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Tell me this for everyone who said that this didn't happen when I said it did. How do they already have Lucie wanting to leave filmed after it

You know it's not live right?

It happened last night. You didn't have any real spoilers yesterday - you just said what would obviously happen.

alroley wrote: »

It happened last night. You didn't have any real spoilers yesterday - you just said what would obviously happen.

Speak for yourself!

I've been flying a drone over the villa all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

mullinr2 wrote: »

I read that in her accent. Exactly what she would say about someone:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Bowlardo wrote: »
    It called the bro code
    And what is that?

• Advertisement

alroley wrote: »

Oh right right. I called that it was 2 couples 1 new 1 old. Then a single from each couple would go. I said it 2 nights ago. It's not my spoiler just twitter calling it days before it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Can someone tell me now how someone had the 'spoiler' last night?
    Was it just a bit of crystal ball gazing on someone's part and now they have a ban for it? :D

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Oh right right. I called that it was 2 couples 1 new 1 old. Then a single from each couple would go. I said it 2 nights ago. It's not my spoiler just twitter calling it days before it happens.

Okay like fair enough? We all can trawl through twitter too if we like. Nobody gives a **** about the spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Because each show is filmed the day before it airs. Someone always finds out tid bits of info before its aired. But the general rule of the thread is that you don't.openly post that info because a lot of posters just want to see it as it happens. So noone doubts that you knew it,we just didn't want to know until it aired on the show..

I understand that I apologise. It was first spoiler posted and I've been here form day one it won't happen again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

apology accepted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Anton is beautiful.... Unreal accent also....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I understand that I apologise. It was first spoiler posted and I've been here form day one it won't happen again

Just learn how to do spoilers ( not from me though I'd never be sure to get it right:D) . Then you can post what you've seen elsewhere but it gives us the option if we want to view or not..

Glad Anton stayed. Maura is the fakest there. Theres always people I change my mind on but don't think she'll be one. I really hope Curtis and Amie don't get to be the new Jack and Dani. I like him but theres a nasty undercurrent to her.. I'd like to see Tommy and Lucy get together..

Statement released from ITV regarding controlling behaviour of Joe and Lucie is apparently getting off screen support. Ohhh

• Advertisement

Statement released from ITV regarding controlling behaviour of Joe and Lucie is apparently getting off screen support. Ohhh

The statement wasnt singling them out.

It was a response however to the complaints and statement from the domestic abuse charity that had come out.

Basically said all the contestants at all time have off screen support that speak to them in private to help their well-being. Also say they provide after care.
    "We have dedicated welfare producers and psychological support on hand at all times who monitor and regularly speak to all of the islanders in private and off camera, especially if someone appears to be upset. All the Islanders are therefore fully supported by the professionals on site and by their friends in the villa.

This means islanders are always able to reach out and talk to someone if they feel the need. We will, of course, continue to monitor all of our islanders in line with our robust protocols.

Love Island holds a mirror up to relationships and all the different dynamics that go with them"

We've seen statements like this before because it's not the first time Women's Aid have released statements regarding contestants behaviours.

Like I said before, I feel some of the treatment towards Joe is over the top online. Yes from what we saw he seemed over possesive of Lucie and controlling but we see edited time the producers show us of less than an hour of all the contestants day in a different environment.

It will be interesting on how he responds being out of the villa, but I think people labelling him an abuser, scumbag and a psychopath is extreme. No doubt he'll probably need support after it.

Advertisement