Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭kitten_k

anewme wrote: »
    The hew girl is Arabella Chi and she uas her sights set on Michael or Danny.

Plus she use to date Charlie was last year as did Lucie so that’s something they have in common

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

anewme wrote: »
    The hew girl is Arabella Chi and she uas her sights set on Michael or Danny.

Excellent. Amber hasn't been sassy enough lately. Best character in the show by a country mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Quick one and not necessarily talking about the ins & outs of the show so far but.....

I noticed that they say there's Product Placement and I was wondering how. I then noticed that a few of them tend to wear the same kind of baseball cap with an "R" logo so I thought that must be one of them.

Does anyone know what extent the PP goes to? Are they issued clothes that are then sold during the ad breaks in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

MrStuffins wrote:
    Does anyone know what extent the PP goes to? Are they issued clothes that are then sold during the ad breaks in the UK?
    All the girls evening outfits are from boohoo.com or one of those. Not sure about the swimwear or what brand the lads wear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Quick one and not necessarily talking about the ins & outs of the show so far but.....

I noticed that they say there's Product Placement and I was wondering how. I then noticed that a few of them tend to wear the same kind of baseball cap with an "R" logo so I thought that must be one of them.

Boohoo, PLT, and Boohoo men.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Curtis taking off the hat and glasses is the cringiest thing I've seen since Amy's finger face

LirW wrote: »
    Ah I fairness though, if a guy says he's been riding 30 girls he's a hero. If a girl says the same she gets labeled as a slut with a stretched out vajayjay.

A key that can open many keys is a master key, a lock that can be opened by many keys is just a sh*tty lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'd love for her to go afte Michael and cause some tension but let's face it, she will probably play it safe and nab Danny from Yewander. Been building up to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Angliru wrote: »
    A key that can open many keys is a master key, a lock that can be opened by many keys is just a sh*tty lock.

You made a balls of that.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    You made a balls of that.

LOL I was up way too late on a school night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

And that's why many women aren't honest about it, everyone who believes that has to cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

LirW wrote: »
    Ah I fairness though, if a guy says he's been riding 30 girls he's a hero. If a girl says the same she gets labeled as a slut with a stretched out vajayjay.

Load of bollicks comment. From the same school of thought as women who wear short skirts are asking for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Curtis has definitely been advised by his mgmt team to make sure he doesn't mess up. If he can get Amy to wind her neck in they would be in with a big shout of winning.

After love island he can dance his way to millions

Very much so, same with Amber, you can see the mouse on the wheel in their heads running overtime trying to calculate the best way to stay in for as long as possible.
    Anton does it too but he's less subtle.
    It's the producers fault though after they railroaded Dani and Jack last year to the top spot.

I have to say I'm finding Tommy the most genuine of the lot.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Very much so, same with Amber, you can see the mouse on the wheel in their heads running overtime trying to calculate the best way to stay in for as long as possible.
    Anton does it too but he's less subtle.
    It's the producers fault though after they railroaded Dani and Jack last year to the top spot.

I have to say I'm finding Tommy the most genuine of the lot.

Based off his cringey old social media posts you may be right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Molly-Mae's voice/accent sounds like Nicky Graham from Big Brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Molly-Mae's voice/accent sounds like Nicky Graham from Big Brother.

Doesn't she! It's very irritating.

Tommy is by far the most genuine... Because he is far too thick to formulate any sort of game plan. What you see is what you get. And that's a hunk of a man with an IQ of approx 15.

I do find him funny for that very reason (did anyone see him palm the iron nonchalantly to see if it was hot yet!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Women are gas altogether . This is my sweetheart Lucie giving Molly Mae daggers for flirting with da fury. She was coupled with Joe at the time?

Life on Love island moves pretty fast, this clip is less than 2 weeks old.

It's just a bad cast unfortunately this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

It's just a bad cast unfortunately this year.

Well it probably has to do with the fact that over half of the applicants didn't pass the drug test, so you have people in it that generally stay clear for work or personal reasons, hence the fair share of sports people.
    Then almost nil alcohol so they can't drink into attitude.
    Generally there's almost 0 craic allowed in the villa. The most divine pool and nobody swims in it. Jacuzzi can't be turned on. The hideaway is basically ignored so no riding. Too many of the contestants have too much to lose (since most of them do have established careers and it's not a bunch of Geordies and "influencer") if they misbehave.

After the suicides producers were probably under a lot of pressure to be more strict in the casting process and enforcing rules.

Whens the second season of the Aussie one starting? Hear they're moving from Spain to Fiji with it but no info on start date that I can see. Was May last year.

I just hope it stays as mental. Within the first week we had people having sex in the communal bedroom then fecking off and cheating on their couple with a single person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

MrStuffins wrote: »

I was looking at the love island instagram earlier and they had a picture of amber asking if you liked the outfit she wore to her date and you had the option to swipe up if you wanted to buy it...I think you can buy loads of the stuff they are wearing through links that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Whens the second season of the Aussie one starting? Hear they're moving from Spain to Fiji with it but no info on start date that I can see. Was May last year.

I just hope it stays as mental. Within the first week we had people having sex in the communal bedroom then fecking off and cheating on their couple with a single person.

how do we see the aussie one? does someone just put it on youtube or do people do a bit of jiggerypokery with VPN's and things beyond my technical ability? not asking for links or how to do it, just wondering if that is what was done in the past (to keep it above boards rules!)

greenttc wrote: »
    how do we see the aussie one? does someone just put it on youtube or do people do a bit of jiggerypokery with VPN's and things beyond my technical ability? not asking for links or how to do it, just wondering if that is what was done in the past (to keep it above boards rules!)

It was shown on 3e but I believe after it had wrapped up. There were a few chances just watching streams of it online no doubt the chancers.

And like you said others with VPNs using the player over there, I'd imagine.

Yewande can **** right off with her carry on tonight. She needs dumped and ridiculed. She's a control freak.

Yewande can **** right off with her carry on tonight. She needs dumped and ridiculed. She's a control freak.

Ah I see someone else has gone down the drone over the villa route too!

*I know it's based off the preview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Ya there's no hope for them two now.

Have Maura and Yewande had a chat yet? I don't recall seeing them having a natter and I thought they would seeing as they were both Irish.

Ya there's no hope for them two now.

Have Maura and Yewande had a chat yet? I don't recall seeing them having a natter and I thought they would seeing as they were both Irish.

Who knows. Anton and Joe were apparently best friends but we never saw them interacting much.

Adamocovic wrote: »

Ah I see someone else has gone down the drone over the villa route too!

*I know it's based off the preview

Yeah just the spoiler she's a wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anton is some man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,124 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Anton really is so chuffed and yet played it sooo calm.

Advertisement