Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This show needs to fûck off for a while. They’re seriously gaslighting the lads, how many times did Curtis apologise there? Yewande then having the audacity to piss on Danny like a dog marking his territory and then accuse him of not knowing what he wanted when she’d struggle to know if she wanted tea in the morning.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Very scripted, I couldn't see anyone have a conversation with Ywanda like that.

Arrabella was nowhere to be seen before she asked for the chat, off being prepped by the producers.

Neither Yewande or Amy can walk properly, what’s up with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Why does Anton have to shave his legs? If he didn't, Maura would fancy him and they'd be the best love island couple of all time. The pair of them are gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Weak men idbatterim .
    To much time spent in the gym/ preening themselves .

They are what women appear to want these days though. Men they can manipulate, men who are afraid to say a word out of place for fear of offending them or anybody. Mouse men. They look like men but I doubt they’d know how to bleed a radiator or change a plug.

I certainly wouldn’t get away with half the strops the girls pull in our house. I’d be told to cop on to myself and rightly so.
    I'm not so sure about that but I do think the metoo movement has put the men in the show into a situation where they are far too accommodating and afraid to step out of line in any way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Would you even be thinking of ****e like the meetoo movement in there? I don’t think that’s it. Initially I thought Molly Mae was fairly tasty. I would rate her at all now! The women in it last year were on another level compared tonow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Would you even be thinking of ****e like the meetoo movement in there? I don’t think that’s it. Initially I thought Molly Mae was fairly tasty. I would rate her at all now! The women in it last year were on another level compared tonow
    Why wouldn't I?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Even my mum thought the date with Amy and Curtis was a cringefest, and she has had to endure her fair share of cringing. The dancing was total throw three fingers down your throat and spew, it was eeeuuuughhh. I don't buy them as a couple at all.

The drama with Yewande was class, I love a big meltdown. Poor Danny. The new bird is not that hot either. Fairly bland middle class pretentious predictable London type, Notting Hill meats Fulham with a twist of Chelsea. "Can I have a Range Rover and 3 kids please?" Definitely Stepford wife material, no thanks.

Earlier in the week Maura was mentioning she also fancied Danny. I reckon the producers are trying to trigger Yewande for a bit of drama. They know how to press her buttons. I would not put it past the producers leading either Maura or the new girl to try and go for Danny to get things going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Curtis might as well hand Amy his balls. Absolute cringefest watching him last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

To much pc bull**** with this show .
    We all know lads that would go in and blow these muppets away .
    What's wrong with having a few " bad boys " in there .
    The press would have a field day but it's supposed to be reality tv.
    All the lads are boring as fxxk .
    Throw in a couple of " Liam Gallagher " characters .
    Could you imagine the posh birds face .
    At least there's a bit of crack to maura .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Tommy was very funny on Unseen Bits tonight. Dim but funny:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The Saturday show is better than it was in previous years where it was just a recap. The unseen bits is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I have missed so many episodes so have just started at the point where Maura comes in. Love hearing the Irish accent on tv.

Elma has no personality. I would rather watch paint dry then get into a conversation with her.

Maura is brilliant. Great addition to the show.

I think Lucy is definitely the most naturally pretty in there compared to the rest.

She comes across as a very emotional and sensitive person. I can identify with how she gets upset when in arguments or confrontations. It’s very hard to get ur point across when u get upset quite quickly, can be quite frustrating when it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Tonight will be good. If you thought Yewande was an annoying pain up to now, wait until after tonight. If I was Danny I’d have dumped her the very second she decided to sit on him!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,124 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tonight will be good. If you thought Yewande was an annoying pain up to now, wait until after tonight. If I was Danny I’d have dumped her the very second she decided to sit on him!!

Yeah, it's going to be very interesting.
    It must have been like going to bed with a cardboard cut out before she was Forced to show some bit of feeling.
    Poor fella.

Looking at tonight’s preview it seems Yewande has just lost the love of her life and there is no chance of her recovering. So when she was saying she is so guarded cos she been so hurt in the past, I see why now, she must fall madly in love with anyone who looks at her and never wants them to leave. Jesus what is wrong with these women?? Just cos you coupled up with the bloke 1 time does he not have a right to change his mind?? Especially when you are a immature Kardashian imitating nasty self entitled little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Looking at tonight’s preview it seems Yewande has just lost the love of her life and there is no chance of her recovering. So when she was saying she is so guarded cos she been so hurt in the past, I see why now, she must fall madly in love with anyone who looks at her and never wants them to leave. Jesus what is wrong with these women?? Just cos you coupled up with the bloke 1 time does he not have a right to change his mind?? Especially when you are a immature Kardashian imitating nasty self entitled little girl.

Yeah, it's a vicious circle really.. She doesn't trust men, so she acts like a spanner to the guy she likes and pushes him away. Then when he gets sick of it he goes off elsewhere, therefore confirming her opinion in her head that all men are untrustworthy. Not being mean, but it probably wouldn't do her any harm to seek professional help.

Yewande is very strange.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Yewande is very strange.

Strange might be harsh. But she is certainly acting strange. For me she is just really immature and still very much a child. She is still a bit kissy wissy to be frank. I doubt she has had too much experience with blokes to be honest. She strikes me as a post pubescent late teenager who may well have had a strict daddy. It is likely that she is not that comfortable in dealing with blokes yet because she simply may not have all that much experience of it. She is quite young still and she really acts it.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Strange might be harsh. But she is certainly acting strange. For me she is just really immature and still very much a child. She is still a bit kissy wissy to be frank. I doubt she has had too much experience with blokes to be honest. She strikes me as a post pubescent late teenager who may well have had a strict daddy. It is likely that she is not that comfortable in dealing with blokes yet because she simply may not have all that much experience of it. She is quite young still and she really acts it.

I don’t think it’s all to do with guys either, she doesn’t come across as a very friendly person with the girls either. I thought she’d be a bit more friendly to Maura when she arrived since they are both Irish but didn’t see that from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Hah, just realised I replied to you in both the Love Island thread and the bare knuckle boxing thread one after the other. Such a dichotomy!

Still Ill wrote: »
    Hah, just realised I replied to you in both the Love Island thread and the bare knuckle boxing thread one after the other. Such a dichotomy!

Lol. Tonight’s love island will be better than last nights fight!!

fin12 wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s all to do with guys either, she doesn’t come across as a very friendly person with the girls either. I thought she’d be a bit more friendly to Maura when she arrived since they are both Irish but didn’t see that from her.

Yes that is a fair point. But in saying that she does seem to click with Anna and Amber a bit? I think she is cheese to Maura's chalk, or vice versa. Maura is also 28 , she has seen a bit more of the world than Yewande. Maura strikes me as a very capable lady, she might not have time for someone as introverted as Yewande.

Apart from that, the power of the producers should not be ignored. Yewande and Maura could be bomb diving the pool for 6 hours a day or taking turns winding up Tommy for the craic. But unless that gets edited into the show we won't see it.

It can't be easy in there either. I would lose it after a while of sharing a dorm with 10 other people. How they sleep at night is astonishing. Can you imagine the snoring, farting and god knows what other sounds are going on? Eugh.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Yes that is a fair point. But in saying that she does seem to click with Anna and Amber a bit? I think she is cheese to Maura's chalk, or vice versa. Maura is also 28 , she has seen a bit more of the world than Yewande. Maura strikes me as a very capable lady, she might not have time for someone as introverted as Yewande.

Apart from that, the power of the producers should not be ignored. Yewande and Maura could be bomb diving the pool for 6 hours a day or taking turns winding up Tommy for the craic. But unless that gets edited into the show we won't see it.

It can't be easy in there either. I would lose it after a while of sharing a dorm with 10 other people. How they sleep at night is astonishing. Can you imagine the snoring, farting and god knows what other sounds are going on? Eugh.

Ear plugs and eye masks. It’s must be the hell though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Will there be a recoupling tonight??

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Will there be a recoupling tonight??

No. Tonight is the Yewande show unfortunately. It’s gonna be hard to watch.

No. Tonight is the Yewande show unfortunately. It’s gonna be hard to watch.

She’s going go crazy lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Yewande, save some dignity and walk away

Advertisement