Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

He really is the image of those Easter Island shape heads.

When i saw that post yesterday, I just burst out laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Anton and Maura are by far the best thing about this show. Don't think I'd be able to tolerate it without the two of them, absolute legends.

I'm not sure how the poor f*cker keeps getting friend-zoned in favour of cardboard cutouts like Danny. Him and Maura should just get together and then they'd easily win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Slán Yewande.

That was an embarrassing watch last night, from the whispering, to the "how dare he" to that horribly cringe inducing goodbye.
    She's a petulant child, she gave the fella about 20 minutes of attention since he's been there and then has the audacity to think he can't change his mind.

From the snippet of tonight I really hope Danny does stand up to Amber. Too many of these lads are afraid to step out of line and it shows, big time.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Not a fan of Yewande but his speech got her hopes up because it made it sound like he was going to pick her. That was just rubbing salt in the wound, there was no need.

Him and Arabella are welcome to each other. My bet is her head will be turned the next time a new lad comes in.
    I think you're giving Danny or any of the contestants far too much credit if you think they come up with those words on the spot. He was primed and prepped for that. He's not just stringing the girls along its the audience too, just like the producers want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Was there a need for the Indo to try and do Maura's accent? Wasn't exactly central or critical to the content of the exchange or the stupid piece in general.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/love-island-2019-yewande-departs-the-villa-while-maura-schools-two-nations-about-being-a-gentleman-38250200.html

gobshoites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

razorblunt wrote: »
    Slán Yewande.

That was an embarrassing watch last night, from the whispering, to the "how dare he" to that horribly cringe inducing goodbye.
    She's a petulant child, she gave the fella about 20 minutes of attention since he's been there and then has the audacity to think he can't change his mind.

From the snippet of tonight I really hope Danny does stand up to Amber. Too many of these lads are afraid to step out of line and it shows, big time.

She really was an unlikeable spoilt brat on the show. The way she spoke to Danny on Sunday night, “Did you or did you not......”. He was remarkably calm and composed to not tell her to just f*k off. Lookswise she is average at best but her personality was worse. She was just too awkward around blokes for this show, even the way she stuck out her tongue when telling Danny she liked him was very weird. But she is like many young women in Ireland who have grown up being influenced by the Kardashian’s and other Instagram muppets like Molly May.

Slán Yewande.

yes 100% and the whole sitting down with controlled pause breathing and a fake American accent was laughable...Do you even know what you want?? squinting with pure passive aggression. She was a rude bitch end of story, yes whispering is nasty in company and yer woman was right to call her on it.
    all that has to happen now is the other two witches get cast aside as well.

Yewande be there when she got turfed out :D

She really was an unlikeable spoilt brat on the show. The way she spoke to Danny on Sunday night, “Did you or did you not......”. He was remarkably calm and composed to not tell her to just f*k off. Lookswise she is average at best but her personality was worse. She was just too awkward around blokes for this show, even the way she stuck out her tongue when telling Danny she liked him was very weird. But she is like many young women in Ireland who have grown up being influenced by the Kardashian’s and other Instagram muppets like Molly May.

Yeah, the "Did your or did you not" I could get over, the world isn't black or white and I'd imagine Danny answered those covering grey areas which probably wasn't seen but the "hhhm" interruption wouldn't work anywhere in the real world.
    She's young and immature and hopefully look back on this and think "fock, I'm mortified". She's basically just told some guy karma will get him and good luck with his life for what was the equivalent of a night club score that moved on when he saw a better girls. How did she survive teenage discos?

rusty cole wrote: »
    yes 100% and the whole sitting down with controlled pause breathing and a fake American accent was laughable...Do you even know what you want?? squinting with pure passive aggression. She was a rude bitch end of story, yes whispering is nasty in company and yer woman was right to call her on it.
    all that has to happen now is the other two witches get cast aside as well.

Yewande be there when she got turfed out :D

Funny how people see it very differently.

I see Arabella as deeply dislikeable most condescending ignorant snob, full of her own importance, who thought she had the right to dictate to Yewande after 1 day. Telling her that her friends were making her do stuff (and implying she was a sheep doing what they told her)

She doesn't know her, how would she know or feel it her place to say that.

She also thinks she's above the likes of Amber and Michael (working class) and I reckon that's coming across in the Villa while it might not be broadcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

anewme wrote: »

She also thinks she's above the likes of Amber and Michael (working class) and I reckon that's coming across in the Villa while it might not be broadcast.

In fairness that's complete projection. There's no way in this wide world that you know what she thinks.

• Advertisement

Funny how people see it very differently.

I see Arabella as deeply dislikeable most condescending ignorant snob, full of her own importance, who thought she had the right to dictate to Yewande after 1 day. Telling her that her friends were making her do stuff (and implying she was a sheep doing what they told her)

She doesn't know her, how would she know or feel it her place to say that.

She actually makes all their breakfast for them, makes their beds and this morning she's repainting the wall behind the fire pit.
    Obviously all made up but I thought this is how we're going now.

She was right in what she said about Yewande being encouraged by her friends to act a certain way, we all saw it happen.

plus lucy seems to think she's ok so does Maura.. in contrast the others seem to be too busy stirring ****e. calling her a snob is just an inferiority complex showing based on her speaking well or maybe you hate her cos she does yoga or maybe you'll find some fault if you keep looking..

they chose to take a disliking to her because she wanted to get to know one of their lads. everyone in there has in inflated sense of themselves ffs that's the show in a nutshell. when some of them find out they're not actually as great as they think..they get a smack of humble pie..some like Anton, take it on the chin and some like yewande don't take it well at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

Danny was in a bad spot having to choose between those two. His best bet was to flip a coin and hope it somehow explodes and kills him.

:pac::pac: this actually made me lol!

JeffKenna wrote: »
    In fairness that's complete projection. There's no way in this wide world that you know what she thinks.

Its pretty clear Arabella believes she's better than anyone else.

She spoke down in a very condescending way to Yewande and made it clear that she thinks Yewande is not in her league.

She comes across as a Verruca Salt spoilt person.

She was right in what she said about Yewande being encouraged by her friends to act a certain way, we all saw it happen.

Arabella was in there a day - why did she think she had the right to speak to Yewande like that?

It was not her place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

I agree. Also Yewande was the worst looking girl on the show, which is all about looks. I'd say that got to her eventually. She was clearly picked cos shes a scientist (?) and Irish/Black, not her looks or personality. I don't like judging on peoples looks but its hard not to with a show like this it's kind of the point of it imo.

rusty cole wrote: »
    plus lucy seems to think she's ok so does Maura.. in contrast the others seem to be too busy stirring ****e. calling her a snob is just an inferiority complex showing based on her speaking well or maybe you hate her cos she does yoga or maybe you'll find some fault if you keep looking..

I don't hate anyone. Too much negative energy.

I deeply dislike Arabella because of the way she thought it was her business to try to belittle Yewande.

Saying I will be doing Yoga tomorrow also was pure oneupmanship and trying to be smart to Yewande.

The fault I see with Arabella is that she does not see any fault with herself.

Will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

I agree. Also Yewande was the worst looking girl on the show, which is all about looks. I'd say that got to her eventually. She was clearly picked cos shes a scientist (?) and Irish/Black, not her looks or personality. I don't like judging on peoples looks but its hard not to with a show like this it's kind of the point of it imo.

Yewande is a beautiful girl, she looked stunning on the show last night.

lol you're definitely a woman, it's only women on twitter saying that. I've not seen any man say she is. The facts speak for themselves. She's out, if she was as good looking as the other girls she'd still be in. It's not cos shes black either, plenty of better looking black girls around than her.

That's not the way it works.

Joe was out, he's a lot better looking than most of the lads left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

That's not the way it works.

Joe was out, he's a lot better looking than most of the lads left.
    For coupling up it will go on looks. Joe was voted out. Look at Tommy Fury, thick as a plank and the dullest man in Britain. Still has the ladies fawning over him

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I don't necessarily think Arabella is a bad person or anything. It is quite a normal British trait to be stuck up, if you have lived there you would be well used to their manners. I have had people completely blank me in social circumstances over there, that behaviour is common enough in the UK, be you working or middle class. It is strange to Irish people because we consider it rude to be unfriendly.... and rightly so.

I have said this before, Arabella is physically attractive, whilst not being striking. But her worst trait is her blandness, that could change. But she certainly won't find Danny attractive in a week either. He knows that too.

At the end of the day it looks like Yewande was hard work. I couldn't be having that, getting ignored and cold shouldered and then in the end being lectured on relationship Karma? :rolleyes:

"Bleedin Headwrecker" is all she was really. A good looking girl, but quite introverted and probably socially awkward. She lacked a bit of dignity at the end also, it is only a game show after all. A cheeky gracious smile and a " see you at the after party" would have sounded a lot nicer than " what goes around comes around" , sure that sounds like something you would say to someone up the street you'd like to kick the crap out of... lol.:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Just catching up. Thank god Yewande was dumped. Not sure how long more I could take looking at a face like a slapped arse.

She show almost no interest in Danny for days and when someone else did she got all upset because her time on the island could end. When she did show some interest it was so forced and fake.

Danny could have handled it better but overall didn't do anything wrong.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

I thought Yewande brought very little to the show.
    Felt like she was on a holiday and that the love thing was a bit of inconvenience.
    Danny did the right thing, getting to know someone new or having someone wreck your head for a few more days or weeks. Easy decision.
    Don't go on the show if you're not willing to make an effort and have to be forced into liking someone just to keep the holiday going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Joe must be delighted that his best mate Anton kept his girl in there so she can meet the surfer dude of her dreams. :pac:

Also, how awkward is it when someone goes over to a group of six people and asks to have a chat with one of them and five of them have to get up and leave, rather than the one person just going somewhere else for the chat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Still Ill wrote: »

Also, how awkward is it when someone goes over to a group of six people and asks to have a chat with one of them and five of them have to get up and leave, rather than the one person just going somewhere else for the chat.

I would say all contestants are encouraged if not instructed to have as many one on one conversations as possible. Such "chats" are easily recordable and also allow the contestants to form cliques and bitch about each other, vital for the shows' success.

Arabella was in there a day - why did she think she had the right to speak to Yewande like that?

It was not her place.

What makes you think she doesn't?
    She told it like it is, as she saw it.
    Instead of her "mates" who were telling her its all Danny's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Yewande is a beautiful girl, she looked stunning on the show last night.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say

I thought she was a very unattractive person all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

It was not her place.

Why didn’t she have a right to speak to her? None of what she said was incorrect. Yewande was rude to her too, did she have a right to be, on the basis of being there longer?

Are you one of those people whose neighbours got a promotion to a “big job” so you gossip to the others that they are now “above their station” because they bought a “flash car”?

I think she is better looking than Arabella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I think there was a pair of them in it. Arabella was very condescending & patronising and didn't go about things the right way, and Yewande was over dramatic and immature. Neither of them handled it particularly well.

Advertisement