Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I think there was a pair of them in it. Arabella was very condescending & patronising and didn't go about things the right way, and Yewande was over dramatic and immature. Neither of them handled it particularly well.

I actually think she handled it really well in fariness to her, you could really see her intelligence shining out through her style of argument, it was so logical and calm.

saying she liked danny could all have been part of her game plan but whether it was a game or not she handled in the best way possible.

until her parting comment.... that wasnt done well and not something i expected from her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Yewande had No personality and an attitude problem, but not an entertaining attitude problem.

Pretty but a chin like barman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Glad Yewande is gone... she seemingly had no idea what the show was about.. get with someone and hold onto them (see curtis and amy).

But yeah Arabella went and got what she needed... to survive.

I was liking Michael, but anybody else notice how he was v much part of the 'let's see is maura all talk' boytalk. He seems to be getting away with this due to his trying to get Tom to STFU cos he knew Maura was at the door, and all of twitter thought it hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Why didn’t she have a right to speak to her? None of what she said was incorrect. Yewande was rude to her too, did she have a right to be, on the basis of being there longer?

Are you one of those people whose neighbours got a promotion to a “big job” so you gossip to the others that they are now “above their station” because they bought a “flash car”?

If someone stranger came to me started started dictating to me about what I am and am not and what I can and can't do.....I would tell them to eff off and mind their own business(maybe not as polite) so I think Yewande was very balanced considering.

You cant just go up to someone and tell them that they eat too much if they fat or drink too much if they are drunk, its quite simply not your place, whether it is true or not.

I could not give a fiddlers about my neighbours once I have my own good job and flash car and can pay for them. Not sure how that's relevant to Arabella being a snob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Yawnwande was off with Armadillo from the very start. The newcomer has a right to go for whoever she chooses, it’s the name of the game.
    She was also not willing to give Maura a chance when she arrived.
    I think Yawnwande, Amber and Anna are a coven of evil witches. And their is a hierarchy there, Anna is boss witch, Amber her devious witch protege, then Yawnwande was apprentice witch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Once things have settled down I wonder will Amy have more meltdowns?
    Producers are very careful of her I think, even Curtis' speech mentioned how she's an "integral part of the house".

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I was liking Michael, but anybody else notice how he was v much part of the 'let's see is maura all talk' boytalk. He seems to be getting away with this due to his trying to get Tom to STFU cos he knew Maura was at the door, and all of twitter thought it hilarious.

Completely agree with this, I was really disappointed that he was being like that about Maura and again in the bedroom when they were all defending what they had said! Surprised Maura didn't make more of a deal about that as it's seemed to have been forgotten about now. I didn't see the ending last night as my sky box cut tonight's highlights off :rolleyes: but I think Amber goes off on one at Danny if comment's I've seen here which personally I don't think she has any right to. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

anewme wrote: »
    If someone stranger came to me started started dictating to me about what I am and am not and what I can and can't do.....I would tell them to eff off and mind their own business(maybe not as polite) so I think Yewande was very balanced considering.

You cant just go up to someone and tell them that they eat too much if they fat or drink too much if they are drunk, its quite simply not your place, whether it is true or not.

I could not give a fiddlers about my neighbours once I have my own good job and flash car and can pay for them. Not sure how that's relevant to Arabella being a snob.

she was in there two days and yewande comes over like a playground child and bounces on the chaps lap, mid conversation.. ehhh. you'd over a week to do that and you didn't love, you're a boring drip end of story.

the most cringeworthy thing to do ever, from someone with a degree!!
    just shows you, common sense is a university fools seldom graduate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

rusty cole wrote: »
    she was in there two days and yewande comes over like a playground child and bounces on the chaps lap, mid conversation.. ehhh. you'd over a week to do that and you didn't love, you're a boring drip end of story.

the most cringeworthy thing to do ever, from someone with a degree!!
    just shows you, common sense is a university fools seldom graduate!

Yeah the lap thing was very strange.

However, Arabella asking Yewande for a "chat" and then trying to belittle her was not on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Can we please move on from that and focus on Casa Amor?!

Now THIS will cause tension because the first revealed contestant has an eye on Amy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

LirW wrote: »
    .....the first revealed contestant has an eye on Amy :D

WHY???!

Sorry, I refuse to believe that anyone would go into the villa having seen what a psychopath she is, having seen she's in the "strongest relationship" and having seen how much better looking every other girl is and singled her out as his favourite.

Absolutely stinks of being prompted by the producers.

LirW wrote: »
    Can we please move on from that and focus on Casa Amor?!

Now THIS will cause tension because the first revealed contestant has an eye on Amy :D

I dunno, the article I read was that his type was blonde and tall....I can think of two other girls in there with that description.....I reckon Molly's head could b e turned!!

In fairness though, do we really think anyone watching at home would fancy Amy??? The way she has carried on I dunno! Maybe lads like a bit of a drama queen :confused::D

Still Ill wrote: »
    WHY???!

Sorry, I refuse to believe that anyone would go into the villa having seen what a psychopath she is, having seen she's in the "strongest relationship"
    Absolutely stinks of being prompted by the producers.

That's exactly what I wanted to say but thought it sounded a bit harsh :pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

I seen an interview with Mauras ex fiance. Seems her whole persona is fake and she is just seeking fame. Doesn't say much for her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I don't think Amy is a psycho at all... Her actions are very deliberate, she is cute enough. She is not going to mess with any cosy mag deals available in 5 weeks … neither is Curtis. He might easily pretend to fancy a new girl in Casa Amor ( how he keeps the front up I don't know, it must be exhausting after a while:p), he will agonise over some bland wannabee model who he " connects with " and then will come back in on his own to Amy.

No doubt she will have a similar " love crisis" to deal with when he is in the other villa.

I can't wait to see the foxy uber-babes they send in there to tempt poor Tommy...

I seen an interview with Mauras ex fiance. Seems her whole persona is fake and she is just seeking fame. Doesn't say much for her.

hmmmm ex fiance gives interview...fame hungry you say? the fact they crawled out of the woodwork says more for her and less for him no???:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

The producers definitely trying to ham it up, or the contestants themselves.
    They all say they aren’t afraid to step on any toes and then go in palling with everyone.
    That’s why Arabella at least brought some entertainment. She could have gone safe and went for Anton but went for who she wanted (for reasons unknown because he looks like Lego.)
    Would love to see Molly Mae turn, but she won’t risk the Instagram comments. Tommy will be the same.
    They’re all hoping for the Jack & Dani. Get into a couple and stay in it no matter what. Yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I thought Anton was an awful tool at the start....but he's definately one of those people that you need to get to know rather than rely on first impressions.....he actually seems like a nice guy....has handled all the friendzoning really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

An interview with an ex seeking his five minutes of fame.

How cliched..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

lawred2 wrote: »

How cliched..

I can't say I blame him. Also if he was out with her for 9 years he still has feelings for her and vice versa. I doubt he is saying anything to compromise her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

How cliched..

Maura’s ex ehh, where is he camped lol ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

IAMAMORON wrote: »

How cliched..

I can't say I blame him. Also if he was out with her for 9 years he still has feelings for her and vice versa. I doubt he is saying anything to compromise her.
    I read the article earlier and although he did say she was acting out of character, it seemed to be more of a positive spin he was putting on it aka she would never try to kiss anyone like she tried with Tommy. He seemed quite respectful towards her.

368100 wrote: »
    I thought Anton was an awful tool at the start....but he's definately one of those people that you need to get to know rather than rely on first impressions.....he actually seems like a nice guy....has handled all the friendzoning really well.

My sister used to date a guy like him and he was one of the funniest people I've ever met. I knew from the start Anton is hilarious and a pretty decent lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I don't get why people are so keen to call Maura fake. She's no far cry from a lot of women you'd meet around the country.

I like her and she's entertaining but hardly like it's some fake persona we've never seen before.

I love Maura, she has a big mouth and a healthy portion of confidence. She's not any more fake than the other girls in there. She is competitive and doesn't make a secret out of it.
    Someone who genuinely makes me laugh like she does has my respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Evening folks, haven’t posted since the start of the series cos didn’t wanna get sucked in but I live every day for the Love Island memes.

Good riddance Yewande. Had a rollercoaster of feelings towards her, she started redeeming herself in the last couple of episodes but made a tit of herself again last night. However I believe e Arabella is dangerous and manipulative and she’ll have her head turned from boring unattractive Danny as soon as another single guy comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I liked Yewande. Don't like Danny or Arabella.

However, the girls are being absolutely ridiculous. Amber and Anna are letting themselves down big time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Maura is fairly spot on in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Maura spot on as usual! #queenmaura

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Anyone think that curtis is a heavy smoker !

Advertisement