Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I think Arabella and Danny won't make the cut. I'd vote for Anton just because Anton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

I'm glad we can't vote in Ireland. I don't have to make the agonising choice between Anton and Maura.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Arabella did herself no favours with that nasty slight on Anton's lack of success at the start of the episode. They could have filled 20 challenges with what twitter thinks of her. Interested to see what happens with Tom and Maura and the backlash against Anna opening her mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Arabella did herself no favours with that nasty slight on Anton's lack of success at the start of the episode. They could have filled 20 challenges with what twitter thinks of her. Interested to see what happens with Tom and Maura and the backlash against Anna opening her mouth.

Arabella seems to think she has the divine right to tell others what their shortcomings are, while believing she has none herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Tommy is mental! Going for a Big Mac when it looks like steak Could be on the cards!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Curtis is the most annoying guy in there. He’s full of crap.

Don’t know how people are buying the cute clueless Tommy act. No way is he that thick in real life.

Anton and Maura are the best two in there.

Anna is a weapon, does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Curtis is the most annoying guy in there. He’s full of crap.

Don’t know how people are buying the cute clueless Tommy act. No way is he that thick in real life.

Anton and Maura are the best two in there.

Anna is a weapon, does my head in.

This bugs me. Lots of people keep going on about everyone playing games, fair enough its a game show, but these people are literally stuck in a villa for 8 weeks straight with nothing to do but talk to each other.

Now there will always be one or two coming in trying to stir things up at first but their true personalities come out after a few days, Maura being the main example.

If anyone in there that long is acting then they should be up for an oscar. You can see Tommy is a young lad, very very innocent and has fallen head over heels. I know loads of lads that were like him at that age. Curtis is involved in ballroom dancing, he's obviously grown up in that environment so he's a bit eccentric but the other islanders seem to find him as a go to guy for advice. I wouldn't say he has his nose in everything.

Anton is very likeable, I reckon he'd be right craic on a session.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

So couldn't really comment while watching and missed out on the antics in here during the episode.

Firstly Anton is great like everyone knows. Clearly thinks Molly isn't genuine, has actually told her to her face he thinks she's playing a game so don't know the surprise from the tweet but when asked about it instead of bitching, stirring or trying to rip their couple to shreds he handled it well and just said what he thinks shouldn't matter, without doing a full fake u-turn. Great stuff and rare to see on the show.

I'm going more and more off Ana. She told just enough to Maura to set her off and the not knowing bit is what will add fuel to the fire, her mind will wander. Then was trying to save her own skin saying not to mention she told her. Just a stirrer, but needed for the show.

Also thought it was gas the whole Lucie/Tommy relationship drama. We had the same thing with Joe and seemed the general consesus was he shouldn't control who she's friends with and trust her. Lucie pretty much told Tommy to back off their friendship but in a smart way and then was yammering to the girls about not changing him or controlling it. Also thinks she has to worry more about Tommy and Curtis' friendship. They've kissed more times than Lucie and Tommy.

Molly Mae showing how much she cares what people think about their relatioinship made me think she is just after the money even more. Reason being she knows or is thinking about how the public decide the winner. She kept asking what she had to do to change the public's mind. Didn't care what Tommy actually thought.

And god Amy is miserable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Curtis and Amy are 100% supported and guided by the Producers.
    That's twice now they've done something and almost immediately looked off camera for feedback from someone.
    Curtis in the bedroom after the Amber-Danny row and Amy during the task yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I wonder how popular Amy and Curtis are as a couple.

I'm sure this vote tonight won't end too well for Danny and Arabella but it seems the general consensus is that Amy and Curtis aren't the public's favourites either.

• Advertisement

LirW wrote: »
    I wonder how popular Amy and Curtis are as a couple.

I'm sure this vote tonight won't end too well for Danny and Arabella but it seems the general consensus is that Amy and Curtis aren't the public's favourites either.

Oh I'd love it.

Imagine the shock!

When Danny and Arabella get dumped out tonight it will just give Amber and Ana even more of a self righteous boost.

I hope we get a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I know you can't judge off it but on Facebook and Reddit most seem to want Amy and Curtis gone and most seem ok with Danny and Arabella, problem most have they want Anton and Maura to stay but want tom and Lucie (people seem to think she showed a bit of her true colors last night) gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

If its Amy and Curtis they'll change it to make those on the Island vote off the bottom two couples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Show is 15 minutes longer tonight. Now we're talkin' :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hococop wrote: »
    I know you can't judge off it but on Facebook and Reddit most seem to want Amy and Curtis gone and most seem ok with Danny and Arabella, problem most have they want Anton and Maura to stay but want tom and Lucie (people seem to think she showed a bit of her true colors last night) gone

The vote is for who you want to stay though. A lot of people may want Amy and Curtis gone but as long as they're more popular than a few other couples they'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

It'll be manipulated by the producers as usual. The two couples with the least votes will be up. The other couples will have to vote who to kick out. If it's two boring couples they'll tell them to pick a couple, if they like people in the couples they'll them to pick one boy and one girl from each couple.

It's so frustratingly predictable at this stage, yet I can't stop watching.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Syndic wrote: »

I just read here to keep up! It’s great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

pc7 wrote: »
    Syndic wrote: »

I just read here to keep up! It’s great.
    Me too.
    Couldn't be wasting an hour of me summer nights.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I didn’t watch last year but I read, if this is to follow previous years’ trends, that it might not be a couple to go. It could be that the villa has to decide between them to kick one boy and one girl from the bottom 2/3 couples (so the girls get together and pick a boy to kick out and vice versa).

I can’t stand Arabella and I hope to god she gets unceremoniously dumped from the island without second thoughts. Out of the lads I’d like Danny or Tom to go but I can’t see Tom and Maura being in the bottom, I reckon she’s got enough support to keep them.

Anna and Jordan as a couple don’t get much airtime and are pretty boring so I could see them being in the bottom 2/3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I didn’t watch last year but I read, if this is to follow precious years’ trends, that it might not be a couple to go. It could be that the villa has to decide between them to kick one boy and one girl from the bottom 2/3 couples (so the girls get together and pick a boy to kick out and vice versa).

I can’t stand Arabella and I hope to god she gets unceremoniously dumped from the island without second thoughts. Out of the lads I’d like Danny or Tom to go but I can’t see Tom and Maura being in the bottom, I reckon she’s got enough support to keep them.

Anna and Jordan as a couple don’t get much airtime and are pretty boring so I could see them being in the bottom 2/3.

Anna and Jordan are probably a good shout to be in the bottom few alright. I can't see them getting many votes.

how come no one thinks the queen bee and Michael wont go? he's boring and she's a wagon!

rusty cole wrote: »
    how come no one thinks the queen bee and Michael wont go? he's boring and she's a wagon!

Got a good following. Imagine the public will save them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I really hope Anton and Lucie get saved!
    Love to see Anna and Jordan and Maura and Tom in the bottom 2 with Jordan and Maura being saved. Don't think it would happen though cos if the boys have to save a girl from those 2 they would probably pick Anna:mad: She is such a stirrer I'd love to see her gone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

rusty cole wrote: »

Michael’s the best out of the guys by far.
    And apart from the way Amber acted the other night I really like her. Can’t see them going anywhere, they’re two of the biggest and best characters in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Show is 15 minutes longer tonight. Now we're talkin' :D

Thanks for this my sky box keeps cutting off the end of the episodes, going to set the next programme to record tonight so I don’t miss the end.

I think producers might be in for a shock.
    People disliked Danny and Arabella ....until the bitchy cliques masks slipped.

It’ll be close call between Amy and Curtais and Danny and Arabella I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Oh tonight looks good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Tom might be a dweeb.. but your boy there Jordan is a piece of shít for telling Anna about what he said. Tom must have said that in confidence, you can't be playing Agony Aunt and then having a laugh about it later. Not good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Anna is the cruelest human in there. She is always stirring it up. She couldn't wait to get Maura on her own to half tell her that Tom had said something derogatory about her. What a bitch. If she was a real friend of Maura she could have said nothing and kept an eye on Tom for her. Instead she decides to smear more toxic over the scenario, she is a nasty bitch. She only cares about the drama of it , there is no way she actually cares about Maura and her feelings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Really dislike Arabella. Hope she goes.

Advertisement