Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

I think the opposite in that the new girls look like proper headturners to me, the new boys on the other hand not so much :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

razorblunt wrote: »
    If its Amy and Curtis they'll change it to make those on the Island vote off the bottom two couples.

Damn! Meant to say bottom two people, not couples!
    Could see it coming from a mile away.

I think the opposite in that the new girls look like proper headturners to me, the new boys on the other hand not so much :/

Yeah there's not much in the lads. Its almost as if they picked one or two they know will cause trouble and the rest is all filler and no killer.

I may have been harsh on the girls but I didn't think much compared to what's in there already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I noticed this morning that Tom was 29 years of age. Given the likes of Tommy, Maura, Amber and Lucie being 20/21 it is a glaring age difference. 8/9 years at that age is almost a decade. When Lucie,Tommy and Amber were 10 years old Tom was going to nightclubs and drinking in pubs. It says it all really.

After saying all that he completely mishandled everything he did, for the oldest guy in the villa that was foolish. Why he didn't throw it back at Jordan and say it was taken out of context is beyond me.... then again that just shows him up because he bottled or dropped anything he was given. Trusting the RAT was only the tip of the iceberg. He has basically been set up by the RAT and Fatso shít stir Anna, she is sooo nasty, yuck.

I won't make any friends saying this, but ….. Maura is a piece of work also. She is also 28 and slightly older than some of them, particularly the kids. She was and is well capable of getting very hammy and cry when it suits her. I didn't like those tears last night either, reminded me of my sister trying to get me a hiding for puling her hair when we were 7. I didn't see her crying when she was encouraging Danny to dump Yewande or when she was cornering baby Tommy for a snog.... She went full throttle at him when her buttons were pressed, that stinks of producer intervention.

She's is cute enough to know that if you are in the story and making the final cut your are going to get more votes. At this stage of the game it is all about securing more airtime and exposure. I can see the article headlines in the Mags already. If she has a management team she would be well tutored about how to develop a storyline for the mags to spoof about when she gets outside next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I noticed this morning that Tom was 29 years of age. Given the likes of Tommy, Maura, Amber and Lucie being 20/21 it is a glaring age difference. 8/9 years at that age is almost a decade. When Lucie,Tommy and Amber were 10 years old Tom was going to nightclubs and drinking in pubs. It says it all really.

After saying all that he completely mishandled everything he did, for the oldest guy in the villa that was foolish. Why he didn't throw it back at Jordan and say it was taken out of context is beyond me.... then again that just shows him up because he bottled or dropped anything he was given. Trusting the RAT was only the tip of the iceberg. He has basically been set up by the RAT and Fatso shít stir Anna, she is sooo nasty, yuck.

I won't make any friends saying this, but ….. Maura is a piece of work also. She is also 28 and slightly older than some of them, particularly the kids. She was and is well capable of getting very hammy and cry when it suits her. I didn't like those tears last night either, reminded me of my sister trying to get me a hiding for puling her hair when we were 7. I didn't see her crying when she was encouraging Danny to dump Yewande or when she was cornering baby Tommy for a snog.... She went full throttle at him when her buttons were pressed, that stinks of producer intervention.

She's is cute enough to know that if you are in the story and making the final cut your are going to get more votes. At this stage of the game it is all about securing more airtime and exposure. I can see the article headlines in the Mags already. If she has a management team she would be well tutored about how to develop a storyline for the mags to spoof about when she gets outside next month.

I disagree, I think Maura's behaviour says a lot of her age. She is a grown woman who makes up her mind about something and then sticks to her guns, which I think is very admirable. I also think she is all big balls outside and she showed a much more vulnerable side to herself. She wasn't wailing a la Yewande, you could just see she was genuinely hurt by what he said. I don't see why it would remind you of your sister when Maura was upset because she was wronged, not because she was in the wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

maxsmum wrote: »
    Do you have to be in a romantic couple to win?
    Can Anton and Maura win if platonic?

Also maybe bring a bit premature as it's all gonna be shook up later with Casa Amor!

A platonic couple can win yes, but I didn’t mean about them winning as a couple, I meant I could see one of them winning as part of a couple as they’re so popular.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I disagree, I think Maura's behaviour says a lot of her age. She is a grown woman who makes up her mind about something and then sticks to her guns, which I think is very admirable. I also think she is all big balls outside and she showed a much more vulnerable side to herself. She wasn't wailing a la Yewande, you could just see she was genuinely hurt by what he said. I don't see why it would remind you of your sister when Maura was upset because she was wronged, not because she was in the wrong.

I appreciate what your saying..... But what are " her guns " exactly? What is she into? What does she believe? What is Maura really like?

What are you admiring about her?

For sure she is great television, but I am cynical about how she mixes tings up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Glad I'm not the only one to notice the extra bounciness!

Same... Hubba hubba.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

I have a feeling none of the current couples are going to win. Maura and Anton are both so popular as individuals, if they can keep up their popularity and each get a good coupling they’ll both be in with a decent shot.
    I notice among the new entrants Anton and Maura seem the most popular. Maybe a bit of gameplaying from the newbies! Also Tom seemed popular but hes not got the chance now!

I totally agree I think the new girls look gorgeous better than the current girls.
    Jourdan, Joanna and Nabila look the best to me but all are pretty decent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I totally agree I think the new girls look gorgeous better than the current girls.
    Jourdan, Joanna and Nabila look the best to me but all are pretty decent!

Joanna looks cracking
    I see the new blonde girl is Tamer Hassan's daughter, so obviously mates with Dani from last year ,

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Can’t wait for Casa Amour! Am I right in thinking this is the first year they’ll have a group of girls and a group of boys? Bring on the drama :pac:

No they've brought in the same amount of boys and girls every year - it's just usually the lads that go to Casa Amor - with the girls staying behind with a new group of lads, this year it seems to be the girls that are going!

I notice among the new entrants Anton and Maura seem the most popular. Maybe a bit of gameplaying from the newbies! Also Tom seemed popular but hes not got the chance now!

Well the new people know who’s popular and know who’s single so of course they’re gonna go for the ones they know they have a chance with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

When Lucie,Tommy and Amber were 10 years old Tom was going to nightclubs and drinking in pubs.

I dunno... I'd say Amber was drinking in pubs around then as well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sunshine2018

maxsmum wrote: »
    I dunno... I'd say Amber was drinking in pubs around then as well :-)

ðŸ‘😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

buswankers wrote: »
    No they've brought in the same amount of boys and girls every year - it's just usually the lads that go to Casa Amor - with the girls staying behind with a new group of lads, this year it seems to be the girls that are going!

Ahh right that goes to show how unmemorable the new guys were last year :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Of all the lads who applied how do they come up with this crop. The worst of them rates himself a 10.

I wish they cast the net a bit further. Last years Charlie has gone out with Lucie and seems to be currently dating Arabella, or else is desperately clinging to his 15 minutes.

It’s no wonder they all go in more ready not to offend anyone than break a couple.

buswankers wrote: »

I wonder is that a deliberate ploy to get the girls out of their comfort zones, with a lot of them having been in there from the start?
    Whereas, except for Anton, the rest of the lads are later arrivals.

Was just looking at an article that only 2 couples are still together from Love Island all other ones have split. Doesn't really look good a success ratio that low. But thats happens when its all instagrammers looking to be famous and not find someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

razorblunt wrote: »
    I wonder is that a deliberate ploy to get the girls out of their comfort zones, with a lot of them having been in there from the start?
    Whereas, except for Anton, the rest of the lads are later arrivals.
    Curtis and Michael have been there from the start and Tommy came in after a few days so not really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Cina wrote:
    Curtis and Michael have been there from the start and Tommy came in after a few days so not really.
    Curtis and tommy came in together a couple of days after the originals.

Was just looking at an article that only 2 couples are still together from Love Island all other ones have split. Doesn't really look good a success ratio that low. But thats happens when its all instagrammers looking to be famous and not find someone.

TBF the majority of people who have been on LI have been in their early-mid twenties. How many relationships that start at that age actually last forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I have it on good authority that the entire show is stage and scripted in the sense that the islanders are told what scenarios to play out.
    Also the winner has been known from the first week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

I have it on good authority that the entire show is stage and scripted in the sense that the islanders are told what scenarios to play out.

Good authority? Wouldn't say it not staged or scripted in some way but it's a public vote! Yeah producers can manipulate things but realistically the public decide who they want to win

TBF the majority of people who have been on LI have been in their early-mid twenties. How many relationships that start at that age actually last forever?
    I get your point but they aren't even lasting a year which is a pretty poor showing. Its seems more like a career thing than about finding someone. It could be different in the US they marry young.

Maybe the show would be better with late 20s and 30s age range.

Cina wrote: »

I'd forgotten about Michael being there from the beginning.
    But Curtis came in with Tommy, which I'm sure made him a happy happy man.

It seems pretty scripted and staged to me. Certain people seem to be protected by producers. Not sure about winner decided yet.

Molly Mae/Tommy and Amber/Michael seem heavily favoured to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

I appreciate what your saying..... But what are " her guns " exactly? What is she into? What does she believe? What is Maura really like?

What are you admiring about her?

For sure she is great television, but I am cynical about how she mixes tings up.

Well I've kind of already told you in the comment what I admire about her! I think as a woman (maybe also as a man but don't have the authority to say!) it's easy to be kinda pulled in by someone you like, and believe their lies and take stuff lying down because you're afraid to let a potentially good thing go. I admire that Maura heard he was talking crap, immediately went and confronted him, didn't mince her words, and then drew a line underneath it straight away and that was the end of that. No longing after him or crying to the girls over it, just a total one and done. I wish I was as confident and assertive as that, so I admire those traits in her.

You're asking me what Maura is really like which is a bit of a silly question. :rolleyes: I don't know her from Adam, and unless you do, you wont know what she is "really" like. However, this is a personality and looks based show and you have to take what you see at face value. I don't really care about what her wildest dreams are or what she wanted to be when she was a little girl, I care about the personality she is putting across in the show and the entertainment value she is providing to me, which thus far is a big fat 12/10!

Maura dated Barry McGuigans son Shane according to the Sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭unichick

I really can't take to Molly Mae! Hope they don't win! Tommy & Lucie please or Anton & anyone!

I met my husband at 25 but admittedly it wasn't on an tv programme with a million cameras. They must get loads of offers afterwards to do bits with people so it's difficult to see them lasting.

Advertisement