Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

gmisk wrote: »
    Here's an idea, don't watch it and don't post here?
    You will have a spare hour and one minute to watch something else.
    Your welcome.

Keep her country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Good man Tommy. Lucie is fake, was going to try coast through the show with Joe to win. Glad they were broken up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Also thought Curtis was going for Yewande there, he'd probably have brought her out of her shell.

She'd want to move fast to be a shoulder to cry on for Joe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

firstlight wrote: »
    I lost an hour of my life last night watching that pollution,had never heard of it before
    And wasted another minute writing this pointless post
    Unreal how this s***e makes telly

Right so you decided to come and post here about your disgust about it. Can someone thread ban him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭A Summer In Provence

Johner wrote: »
    Good man Tommy. Lucie is fake, was going to try coast through the show with Joe to win. Glad they were broken up.
    I think Joe & Amy could work, both seem genuine.

• Advertisement

Amy is snatched now Curtis will coast with her like Camilla and Dani in previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

firstlight wrote: »
    I lost an hour of my life last night watching that pollution,had never heard of it before
    And wasted another minute writing this pointless post
    Unreal how this s***e makes telly
    Think I'll give it one more night but omg it really is boring. Thought it would have been more interesting like bb or cbb. May just keep up on the tread !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Ok I think those of us who do enjoy the show should agree now to not respond to posters who post just to diss the show and our decision to watch it. Have had it twice and its only day two. Choose to ignore and they go away..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't disagree with then seeming pretty genuine but I don't think there was even the slightest hint of them being into each other?

Think I'll give it one more night but omg it really is boring. Thought it would have been more interesting like bb or cbb. May just keep up on the tread !

Depends if it's your cup of tea. For me they normally start slow, then fire into it when it's gets more tactical and desperate.

Last few episodes when they're safe from recoupling I tend to switch off when the lovey dovey couples that are left wait to see who wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Amber was disgusted :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

No matter what I'm in Team Anton because he's a good bit denser than the others paired up with accidental hilarity and people like him always amuse others without knowing because they're so thick but also don't sulk over it.

I mean his mother shaves his arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Adamocovic wrote: »

Depends if it's your cup of tea. For me they normally start slow, then fire into it when it's gets more tactical and desperate.

Last few episodes when they're safe from recoupling I tend to switch off when the lovey dovey couples that are left wait to see who wins.
    Never watched it before. After your post will give it a few more nights. And see if it picks up for me. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭A Summer In Provence

Last night I thought Tommy was very “hawt” and he is ... but I’m bored of him already. I think if you’re going to watch this you have to accept early on that intellectual conversation or debate is not going to feature.

Never watched it before. After your post will give it a few more nights. And see if it picks up for me. Cheers.

If not I apologise for your wasted time haha!

Just hope the Aussies throw in crazy people again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Amber has a vile, superior attitude. I think we all knew a mean girl like her in school, the type who could make you feel stupid and 2 feet tall for saying the most innocent of things.
    The kind who would take the p*ss in front of lads for attention, you know?
    She’s so nasty but very entertaining so I hope she lasts so she can stir up some drama.

Yerwande is naturally so beautiful but as dull as dishwasher. She’s going to get swallowed up by the bigger personalities if she doesn’t stop being a wallflower.

Curtis is a bit camp but the only one with any real personality, he’s so witty and very handsome (imo), he’s my favourite for now.

Don’t find Tommy attractive at all, I think he’s very similar in looks to your average insta influencer with the faded haircut, muscles and tattoos.
    If I had a look through my newsfeed I could probably find about 10 lads who look exactly like him.

I personally would find the likes of Curtis, Callum and Joe much more attractive because they look less high maintenance, but that’s just me :pac:

The line up isn't as good as previous years. We need a few more snakey people in to spice it up. Hoping Amber upends the house she seems twisted haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

It's interesting watching but in all honesty the show should have been cancelled. Joe must be feeling low ATM isolated in a house where he has to see Lucie share a bed with Tommy. I know it's only been one day but I know what its like when you really like someone even after a short period of time. The producers want drama for ratings. They want the contestants getting hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It's interesting watching but in all honesty the show should have been cancelled. Joe must be feeling low ATM isolated in a house where he has to see Lucie share a bed with Tommy. I know it's only been one day but I know what its like when you really like someone even after a short period of time. The producers want drama for ratings. They want the contestants getting hurt.

He has known her less than 24 hours. They know the concept of the show when they sign up.

I’m against exploiting people for ratings but that isn’t what this is.
    None of them even know each other yet. It’s literally the whole point of the show for them to get to know as many people as possible in order to find who they are most compatible with.
    Very rarely is that the first person they couple up with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Can't see the Irish one getting anywhere. Doesn't seem like the right fit for the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

SusieBlue wrote:
    I’m against exploiting people for ratings but that isn’t what this is. None of them even know each other yet. It’s literally the whole point of the show for them to get to know as many people as possible in order to find who they are most compatible with. Very rarely is that the first person they couple up with.

I get that but last year's winners were together from the start. Joe is undoubtedly feeling super low ATM and that's cos of the shows format. Pair that with the pressure after leaving the villa along with the criticism and hateful jokes people throw around on Twitter (Anna in particular) this show has a lot to answer for.
    I know everyone chooses to go on it but do they know what they are getting themselves in for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Lucie is trying to be the Dani Dyer, only without the stupid lip pecks cos she’s proper kissing him. Whether or not Joe is in on the scam too is uncertain, but another season of a couple of coasters would be unbearable to watch and also bad for the show.
    Amber is a love to hate character, which is good!
    The pharmacist, ugh Sherif must’ve felt like he was kissing a large wine gum.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

Sleep with Tommy
    Marry Curtis

If I were in there I’d be constantly plaguing him to teach me how to dance....how come no one has asked that of him already?! I wanted him to end up with the Irish girl so badly.

She lacks ‘banter’ experience and is not confident, I died a small death at her conversation by the pool and with Curtis. Too nice for that show....also, did she try put on more of an Irish accent at one point tonight....did a Saoirse on it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

When I was asking about the Australian one I was looking for the link to watch it now as opposed to when virgin media show it after this has ended. I loved watching both at the same time last year.....major withdrawals then....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think Amber is a one trick pony. It happens. She is v attractive in looks and she knows it.

However she is quite boring and bland in nature..... and she knows it.

When fine looking birds figure out they haven't got a clue they usually panic and hit the " I am a hard nasty bitch " button. It gets nasty for a while, but the most pathetic thing is when you peel back the bull**** and find blandness underneath.... it happens all the time.

Most birds are well capable of being bitches, but simply don't bother, not to your face anyway. The smart girls know it is a waste of time. The fact that Amber has chosen to tell everyone she is a Diva says it all really. I doubt she even knows who Grace Jones is. She is just a lonely walkover, having a conversation about shades ffs?

I actually feel a bit sorry for her, she is very immature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

SusieBlue wrote: »
    He has known her less than 24 hours. They know the concept of the show when they sign up.

I’m against exploiting people for ratings but that isn’t what this is.
    None of them even know each other yet. It’s literally the whole point of the show for them to get to know as many people as possible in order to find who they are most compatible with.
    Very rarely is that the first person they couple up with.

So what you are saying is 'it is what it is"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Out of interest why do people think Lucie is playing games?
    Maybe this is a classic case of guys getting hoodwinked but I think she's quite genuine, even her appearance is more genuine than the others, she hasn't worn anywhere near the makeup seen in Day 1 since.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Out of interest why do people think Lucie is playing games?
    Maybe this is a classic case of guys getting hoodwinked but I think she's quite genuine, even her appearance is more genuine than the others, she hasn't worn anywhere near the makeup seen in Day 1 since.

I'm not sure I'd say she's playing games but I get the vibe that she's someone who will fly through the lads, maybe she will use it as a bit of a game.

It seems Joe is definitely more into her than she is him, could be wrong and they'll recouple and try power couple to the finish, but you get the feeling what she wants just changes with the wind. Even at the beginning, going by just looks and goes for the guy she think looks like a "bad guy", then switches straight off for the "surfer looking, long hair" guy, then starts going for Tommy because she loves "boxers". Didn't she also want to sleep with a guy in uniform at his place of work? Not judging but her reasons for going after lads isn't exactly based on connections that you'd think will last.

Hard to tell who is and isn't playing a game, but despite telling Joe she hopes Tommy wouldn't pick her she didn't exactly push him away when he asked how'd she feel, and wasn't too gutted after. If she is game playing it's smart. Now that Tommy broke up her couple she has the option to be all mopey and upset, then re-couple up with Joe, he'd stick by her and ride the loyalty tag to the final.

We'll wait and see. I've no issues with game playing, and you can be genuine and a bit tactical. It's part of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'd say she's playing games but I get the vibe that she's someone who will fly through the lads, maybe she will use it as a bit of a game.

It seems Joe is definitely more into her than she is him, could be wrong and they'll recouple and try power couple to the finish, but you get the feeling what she wants just changes with the wind. Even at the beginning, going by just looks and goes for the guy she think looks like a "bad guy", then switches straight off for the "surfer looking, long hair" guy, then starts going for Tommy because she loves "boxers". Didn't she also want to sleep with a guy in uniform at his place of work? Not judging but her reasons for going after lads isn't exactly based on connections that you'd think will last.

Hard to tell who is and isn't playing a game, but despite telling Joe she hopes Tommy wouldn't pick her she didn't exactly push him away when he asked how'd she feel, and wasn't too gutted after. If she is game playing it's smart. Now that Tommy broke up her couple she has the option to be all mopey and upset, then re-couple up with Joe, he'd stick by her and ride the loyalty tag to the final.

We'll wait and see. I've no issues with game playing, and you can be genuine and a bit tactical. It's part of the show.

Jack the bloke who won last season is signed up for the next season of Celebs go Dating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Oh I meant to hit Post on that last one but somehow did a Reply instead.
    Soz. It is what it is.

Advertisement