Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DD Funds - Unpaid item fee

Options
  • 20-05-2019 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Unfortunately some funds were taken from my account unexpectedly early so my balance is quite low.

I got a notification stating that I am lacking funds for a DD and need to transfer money by 3.30PM today or face an unpaid item fee of €12.50. Isn't it a bit late to issue that notification today? Even if I do transfer funds today surely it would take a few days to clear.. so I'm facing the fee either way?

I'm getting paid tomorrow so I do have the funds coming, and I've got my girlfriend to transfer some funds to me (which she owed me) which will also cover it.. but obviously that takes a few days to clear.

Is there anything I can do to avoid the €12.50 fee and potential impact on my credit rating?

I would try and call BOI but unfortunately I'm abroad in Italy right now and I'd rather avoid the 40c / min cost.. will swallow that if necessary or if it will help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Most annoying part of all this is that the DD is for own bloody savings account..

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Well. No if I go into my branch today and lodge into my account it's in the online account 10 minutes later.. as for charging a hefty fee..banks are there to make profit not cut any customers slack.. just ensure adequate money always in account to cover standing orders.. otherwise just be happy to pay those nasty overdraft fees.. probably better that at least the bank honors the standing order otherwise things could get way messier if your esb.phone.car loan etc wasnt paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there Danger781,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We would not know the day before a direct debit presents.

This notification is provided to prompt the customer to either lodge money into the account, or a transfer from another BOI account to meet the direct debit.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement