Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot close Eir mobile contract

Options
  • 20-05-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I know this has been an issue for people in the past, but I am finding it incredibly frustrating!

I closed my 30day mobile contract with Eir on the 25th Feb 19 and realised it wasn't closed 2 months later. Called again and closed it (after 2h on the phone). Told by customer support that it was closed and I'll receive a refund for bills paid since the 25th of Mar.

Obviously that didn't work and I'm still getting billed and money taken out of my bank account months after I terminated the contract. I contacted Eir again a was told that the account was recently closed on the 3rd of May (by whom I don't know)

If anyone can point me in the right direction with this issue, I would be very grateful, as any formal complaints directly to Sir seem to be ignored.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Can I ask if you have moved the phone number in question to a new provider?

Is the number you requested cancelled still in use?
    If so is it with Eir? Or with a new provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fj4400

Instruct your bank not to accept any more payment request from them... Won't help with issue of closing account but will get their attention

Advertisement