Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you have a recent Samsung TV

Options
  • 20-05-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭

Apple has just released an update AND a native app for Apple TVs, so you can watch any video content associated with your itunes account and more importantly can natively airplay from your phone to your Samsung TV, which was a real feature gap IMO. No more need for AppleTV device.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Samsung TVs have crap wireless though..I doubt they would barely support HD streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

If I ever give my tv an internet connection it’ll be through an Ethernet cable. It’s a device that never roams so it’s pointless having it on WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Blazer wrote: »
    Samsung TVs have crap wireless though..I doubt they would barely support HD streams.

It's certainly not true in my experience, and the Samsung in the kids room is probably a 5 year old model

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Disagree. I have flawless 4K streaming to mine.

3DataModem wrote: »
    Disagree. I have flawless 4K streaming to mine.

On a newer model 2 years old or less which supports AC wireless.
    You certainly won't be streaming HD/4K over wireless b/g/n which older Samsung's would have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

On a newer model 2 years old or less which supports AC wireless.
    You certainly won't be streaming HD/4K over wireless b/g/n which older Samsung's would have.

FYI: Title of thread includes the word "recent".

3DataModem wrote: »
    FYI: Title of thread includes the word "recent".

lol yeah..I just spotted that when I popped back into this forum..my bad :)

Advertisement