Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from Man utd thread for 3 months

Options
  • 20-05-2019 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭

i have been banned for 3 months from the united thread for this post

"Zidane on Bale: “If I had a fourth substitute today I would not have brought him on”

Bale on his future : "I've got 3 years contract left. If they want me to go they'll have to pay me €17m a year. Otherwise I'll stay. Doesn't matter if I don't play, I'll just play golf."

Bale seems like a tosser"

bale doesnt even play for man utd and that was posted in the united thread. cant see how that is even worthy of a yellow card let alone a 3 month ban?!

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi Bangkok,

I can have a look at this.

Just to point out, the post in and of itself is not worthy of a 3 month ban, you were banned as it is your 5th yellow card of the season as per the totting up process in the soccer forum. If the card is lifted the ban will be too.

Moving on to the offending post, I trust you are familiar with the rules around abuse of players etc in the soccer forum. Can you explain why you feel referring to a player as a tosser does not contravene these rules?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hi Bangkok,

I can have a look at this.

Just to point out, the post in and of itself is not worthy of a 3 month ban, you were banned as it is your 5th yellow card of the season as per the totting up process in the soccer forum. If the card is lifted the ban will be too.

Moving on to the offending post, I trust you are familiar with the rules around abuse of players etc in the soccer forum. Can you explain why you feel referring to a player as a tosser does not contravene these rules?

it was hardly abuse of a player though was it?

it was in relation to bale saying he will stay at madrid and play golf if they dont pay him 17m a year to leave and i said (if that were true) "he seems like a tosser"

i didnt actually say bale IS a tosser, i said he seems like one if that were true...

that is hardly worthy of a yellow imo and def not worthy of a 3 month ban

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't accept that. If someone posted in the united thread that you seem like a tosser I know full well you would report it and rightly so.

It's a fairly textbook breach of the abuse rule, surely you can see that?

The three month ban is unfortunate but I would have expected someone who's had 4 yellows this season before this (and was lucky enough to avoid their last ban I might add) be a bit more careful in their posting.

I don't accept that. If someone posted in the united thread that you seem like a tosser I know full well you would report it and rightly so.

It's a fairly textbook breach of the abuse rule, surely you can see that?

The three month ban is unfortunate but I would have expected someone who's had 4 yellows this season before this (and was lucky enough to avoid their last ban I might add) be a bit more careful in their posting.

Why then is there double standards? If abuse of a player is a yellow, why can posters call players and ceo's c*nts and wan*ers go unpunished??

Also you must be able to see the difference between calling a player a tosser OR he seems like a tosser if the golf reports were true?

bangkok wrote: »
    Why then is there double standards? If abuse of a player is a yellow, why can posters call players and ceo's c*nts and wan*ers go unpunished??

You're actually the second person in the space of a week for calling a player a tosser. Either way there's no double standards, stuff sometimes gets missed similar to how you should have had a one month ban for your 4th yellow but it was overlooked.....
    Also you must be able to see the difference between calling a player a tosser OR he seems like a tosser if the golf reports were true?

I see the difference but not in the context of it being a breach of the abuse rule as laid out in the soccer forum. If I said to someone "You seem like twat" vs "You're a twat" I'd expect the exact same reaction from that person.

If you're not willing to acknowledge the post was a breach of the abuse rule then I think we're pretty much done here?

• Advertisement

You're actually the second person in the space of a week for calling a player a tosser. Either way there's no double standards, stuff sometimes gets missed similar to how you should have had a one month ban for your 4th yellow but it was overlooked.....

I see the difference but not in the context of it being a breach of the abuse rule as laid out in the soccer forum. If I said to someone "You seem like twat" vs "You're a twat" I'd expect the exact same reaction from that person.

If you're not willing to acknowledge the post was a breach of the abuse rule then I think we're pretty much done here?

Calling a poster who posts on boards a tosser and saying a real madrid player seems like a tosser are 2 completely different things surely.

In the united thread alone there are numerous examples of posters calling pogba a cu*t, woodward a cancer, etc etc, posts have been reported and no yellow issued. Surely that is double standards?

Calling a poster who posts on boards a tosser and saying a real madrid player seems like a tosser are 2 completely different things surely.

Not really in the context of the soccer forum as you well know.

In the united thread alone there are numerous examples of posters calling pogba a cu*t, woodward a cancer, etc etc, posts have been reported and no yellow issued. Surely that is double standards?

Irrelevant. Start a help desk thread and provide the links if you want.

Since you're not willing to acknowledge your post was a breach of the abuse rule then I have no choice but to uphold the card and full 3 month ban.

You can ask an admin to review my decision if you want. It won't be Beasty since he carded you in the first place.

Here is one example and i could have provided plenty....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110166390

"You’d think all out to finish strong but 5 points from the last 6 games, whilst chasing a champions league spot, madness. And yes Pogba is a fuçking virus an absolute waste of skin."

Pogba is a fuçking virus an absolute waste of skin.

if thats not abuse, i dont know what is

Do you want an admin review or not?

Do you want an admin review or not?

Is there any harm in getting one done?

• Advertisement

I'm just going to assume that's a yes. Will flag it now.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Is there any harm in getting one done?

I will review this if you wish. I should flag that it is possible that reviews can go any number of ways in DRP as follows:-

1. Admin disagrees with mod action and reverses/downgrades;

2. Admin agrees with mod action and upholds;

3. Admin disagrees with mod action and upgrades.

Obviously, the last of these is a potential downside from a review but I am flagging because of your question.

I am currently even remotely aware of the merits or demerits of this appeal.

I will review this if you wish. I should flag that it is possible that reviews can go any number of ways in DRP as follows:-

1. Admin disagrees with mod action and reverses/downgrades;

2. Admin agrees with mod action and upholds;

3. Admin disagrees with mod action and upgrades.

Obviously, the last of these is a potential downside from a review but I am flagging because of your question.

I am currently even remotely aware of the merits or demerits of this appeal.

Ok thanks for the reply

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Do you wish me to review?

Do you wish me to review?

Yes please.

Thanks

bangkok, not only is the term tosser clearly abusive, but you have actually seemingly engaged in a campaign over the past couple of years against using that particular term in relation to players.

I was leaning towards overturning this card on the basis that the term is very rarely actioned (in a straight comparison of instances vs. cards) and I always give the benefit of any doubt to the user.

But in light of your above history in relation to that very same term, I can see absolutely no dispute here. How can you dispute the use of this term as being abusive in the circumstances?

A bit of an aside: (In case it isn't absolutely clear from my first sentence, I flatly reject any argument that there is some sort of imagined loophole that allows you to abuse someone by saying they "seem like" a [term of abuse]. It is clearly imputed from the phrasing that you are calling Bale a tosser. Just to note, if you attempt to re-argue this point, your appeal is over.)

bangkok, not only is the term tosser clearly abusive, but you have actually seemingly engaged in a campaign over the past couple of years against using that particular term in relation to players.

I was leaning towards overturning this card on the basis that the term is very rarely actioned (in a straight comparison of instances vs. cards) and I always give the benefit of any doubt to the user.

But in light of your above history in relation to that very same term, I can see absolutely no dispute here. How can you dispute the use of this term as being abusive in the circumstances?

A bit of an aside: (In case it isn't absolutely clear from my first sentence, I flatly reject any argument that there is some sort of imagined loophole that allows you to abuse someone by saying they "seem like" a [term of abuse]. It is clearly imputed from the phrasing that you are calling Bale a tosser. Just to note, if you attempt to re-argue this point, your appeal is over.)

Wouldnt say it was much of a campaign.
    Just dont see how posters can get away with abusing a man utd player in the man utd thread but when i said something about a real madrid player its carded..

Anyway i wont dwell on it. I'll take my ban

Thanks. In that case, I will mark as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement