Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

but it doesnt kill the animal. the cutting of the blood vessels in the neck kills the animal. which is also what happens in halal with the addition of somebody saying a few words.

Nothing ever died by being shot in the head.

Slice their neck open instead and let them bleed out. Much more humane.

You switched accounts I see

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Blueshoe wrote: »

you do know that is how non-halal slaughtering is done in this country, right? The only difference is how they are stunned.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,543 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The bolt penetrates the skull and goes into the brain. This effectively kills the animal.

No it does not, as proven in my link.
    Halal is cruel and kosher is worse.
    Don't bother crying for the greyhounds if you are ok to put dark age religious practices ahead of animal welfare.

But you don't care either way do you?

Halal is the same as conventional methods, If you want to talk about greyhounds then start a thread on the subject.

You switched accounts I see

The

Bolt

Does

Not

Kill

Them

They

Are

Bled

to

Death

No it does not, as proven in my link.

Halal is the same as conventional methods, If you want to talk about greyhounds then start a thread on the subject.

Do you care about the greyhounds though?

Why don't you start a thread on halal slaughter?

• Advertisement

The

Bolt

Does

Not

Kill

Them

They

Are

Bled

to

Death

The

Bolt

Goes

Through

Their

Brain

They

Don't

Feel

The

Knife

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

The

Bolt

So the problem with halal bread is...?

Why is this question so difficult to answer?

Do you care about the greyhounds though?

Why don't you start a thread on halal slaughter?

I didn't bring the subject into the thread.

The

Bolt

Goes

Through

Their

Brain

They

Don't

Feel

The

Knife

Lol

Good lad, Gold star for you, They are stunned! They die because they have arteries cut and bleed to death, Ya know, The same method that Halal is done?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The

Bolt

Goes

Through

Their

Brain

Not always. the captive bolt is designed to stun not kill.
    They

Don't

Feel

The

Knife

Lol

they dont feel the knife in halal either. they are stunned before the knife goes near them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

The

Bolt

Goes

Through

Their

Brain

They

Don't

Feel

The

Knife

Lol

Exact same practice is used to destroy horses injured in a race. It works.

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Exact same practice is used to destroy horses injured in a race. It works.

As i posted earlier

7. How are cattle slaughtered?
    Adult cattle must be restrained in a stunning pen which is usually a solid-sided metal box with a vertical sliding door at one end to allow the animal to enter. The pen must have a device that restricts the movement of the animal's head to permit accurate stunning. The majority of cattle in the UK are stunned with a captive-bolt pistol. Alternatively cattle are stunned using electricity or stunned and killed using electricity (by applying an electric current to the brain and heart simultaneously).

If using a captive-bolt, the slaughterman stands on a platform, in front or to one side of the pen and shoots the animal in the head between the eyes and the ears in order to accurately target the brain. The pen side then opens and the unconscious animal rolls out of the pen, is shackled by one hind leg, hoisted on to an overhead conveyor and moved to the bleed area. Here the animal is bled by the severance of all major blood vessels supplying the brain with oxygenated blood. This causes rapid death. The animal dies from loss of blood before it makes any recovery from the percussive stun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Gerry G wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/PM_HdcDs34o
    She has gone full gaga and is coming close to incitement to hatred I reckon. Lady needs help
    It seems Gemma was thinking of this and similar cases.
    The footballer in this story, Ishmael Akinade, has very recently skipped the country and resurfaced in Vietnam where he has arranged for himself another contract with a team over there.

This because he had run out of time here; he was finally going to be deported from Ireland.
    The three men, who were 16-years-old at the time, on one occasion took turns to have sex with the girl in a forest clearing.
    The young woman read her Victim Impact Statement in court, describing how friends called her “a slut and a whore”.
    She said she was still on anti-depressants, has had suicidal ideation and is constantly discussed on social media.
    Import third world barbarism - become the third world.

recedite wrote: »
    It seems Gemma was thinking of this and similar cases.
    The footballer in this story, Ishmael Akinade, has very recently skipped the country and resurfaced in Vietnam where he has arranged for himself another contract with a team over there.

This because he had run out of time here; he was finally going to be deported from Ireland.

Import third world barbarism - become the third world.

So you're saying that Gemma called the poor girl who was raped a Fool, a Slut a Whore?

King Mob wrote: »
    So the problem with halal bread is...?

Why is this question so difficult to answer?

No problem with halal bread or any others except for the meat. It's cruel. Putting religious beliefs before animal welfare.

Cruel practice

No problem with halal bread or any others except for the meat. It's cruel. Putting religious beliefs before animal welfare.

Cruel practice

Apart from some gobsh/te saying a few words over the animal as it dies, What's the difference between a lump of Halal beef and a non Halal lump of beef?

So you're saying that Gemma called the poor girl who was raped a Fool, a Slut a Whore?
    Careful now, we are not allowed to use the R-word apparently.
    You can say "assault" and "defilement". She seems to have admitted consent to being passed around like a piece of meat, hence her friends said she was a slut and a whore.
    I'd certainly add "fool" to that.

Careful now, we are not allowed to use the R-word apparently.
    You can say "assault" and "defilement". She seems to have admitted consent to being passed around like a piece of meat, hence her friends said she was a fool, a slut and a whore.

Your posts get more sickening by the day.

The main perp seems to be doing very well for himself in Vietnam.
    And of course, there'll be plenty of vulnerable underage Vietnamese girls available to him over there.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/waterford-boss-alan-reynolds-reveals-17282498

Your posts get more sickening by the day.
    Hey, don't shoot the messenger.
    Its people like you who have allowed such situations to be develop.
    If Gemma was running the country, or I was, that guy would have been deported the same day he arrived.

• Advertisement

Hey, don't shoot the messenger.
    Its people like you who have allowed such situations to be develop.

What do you mean "people like you"?
    If Gemma was running the country, or I was, that guy would have been deported the same day he arrived.

Yeah of course :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

If Gemma was running the country, or I was [...]
    From the ludicrously terrifying, to the terrifyingly ludicrous, in the space of a comma.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

I realize it's standard fare to be thundering on about Islam without understanding the first thing about it, but aren't you just a little bit embarrassed to have been demonstrated to be so shockingly ignorant about "normal" animal slaughter practice? Surely not the done thing in reactionary ol' Rural Ireland(TM).

alaimacerc wrote: »
    I realize it's standard fare to be thundering on about Islam without understanding the first thing about it, but aren't you just a little bit embarrassed to have been demonstrated to be so shockingly ignorant about "normal" animal slaughter practice? Surely not the done thing in reactionary ol' Rural Ireland(TM).

I know how cattle are killed in Ireland. Bolt through the head and most times through the brain. This either knocks them unconscious or kills them.
    Then they are bled out.

Stunning an an animal via not the same as knocking it out. It's still awake but can't move.

You can't seem to understand that stunning and knocking unconscious are two different things.

Do surgeons stun or put people into a state of unconsciousness before a surgery? Think about it. I'm confident that you will put animal welfare first

alaimacerc wrote: »
    From the ludicrously terrifying, to the terrifyingly ludicrous, in the space of a comma.
    We can but dream... :pac:

There's different types of captive bolt pistols. The standard one sends a bolt into the brain which stuns and kills simultaneously.
    Newer types of bolt are blunt and don't penetrate the skull, which means no risk of transferring mad cow disease into the bloodstream. Whether the animal would ever recover from this kind of stunning is a moot point, because it has already been bled out and dismembered in less time than it would take to regain consciousness, even if that could happen.
    But the main point is that no stunning at all is used in halal or kosher ritual slaughter. Except in the UK, where many Halal production lines have recently changed to using a form of pre-stunning.
    If it can be changed that easily, due to UK market demand, it just shows the exemption to animal welfare laws was never justified in the first place.

As we are in Ireland the Irish methods and stats are the relevant ones.

There's different types of captive bolt pistols. The standard one sends a bolt into the brain which stuns and kills simultaneously.
    Newer types of bolt are blunt and don't penetrate the skull, which means no risk of transferring mad cow disease into the bloodstream. Whether the animal would ever recover from this kind of stunning is a moot point, because it has already been bled out and dismembered in less time than it would take to regain consciousness, even if that could happen.
    But the main point is that no stunning at all is used in halal or kosher ritual slaughter. Except in the UK, where many Halal production lines have recently changed to using a form of pre-stunning.
    If it can be changed that easily, due to UK market demand, it just shows the exemption to animal welfare laws was never justified in the first place.

As we are in Ireland the Irish methods and stats are the relevant ones.

So no response to the fact that your source states that the majority of no stun slaughters are due to kosher methods.

Thus we see that the concern has sweet ****e all to do with animal cruelty and everything to do with being upset by something muslim.

Ignoring points doesnt nake them go away or make your position look any less silly.

King Mob wrote: »
    So no response to the fact that your source states that the majority of no stun slaughters are due to kosher methods.

Thus we see that the concern has sweet ****e all to do with animal cruelty and everything to do with being upset by something muslim.

Ignoring points doesnt nake them go away or make your position look any less silly.
    Why do you keep pointing to the UK while saying "Quick, look over there".
    The European Parliament briefing document says of Ireland...
    In Ireland, with 1% of consumers Muslim, 6% of cattle and 34% of sheep were killed without stunning, and In France 40% of calves, 25% of bovines (cattle) and 54% of ovines (sheep etc.) were killed without stunning according to a survey done in 2006-07.
    Is there any kosher slaughtering done at all in ireland? I don't know. There don't seem to be any stats mentioned on it, so I assume little or none. But if there is any, I condemn it equally.

Why do you keep pointing to the UK while saying "Quick, look over there".
    I've had to keep pointing to it because you keep avoiding it.
    You were the one who provided the link and are now disputing and ignoring what it says.
    The European Parliament briefing document says of Ireland...
    Is there any kosher slaughtering done at all in ireland? I don't know. There don't seem to be any stats mentioned on it, so I assume little or none.
    That's the issue. You assume.
    However, as your link points out the majority no stun kills in the UK were for kosher reasons.
    This is despite the number of muslim people in the UK out numbering the number of Jewish people by a factor of 10.

The fact that the report refers to non-stun slaughter and does not specify between kosher and halal seems to imply that the number includes both.
    And given the statistics of the UK, there's a good chance that it does and that the numbers could be similar.

Seems like something I'd research if I was actually concerned about the issue.

Also the other point you avoid and ignore:
    You claimed that muslim people would not adapt their practices. However your link specifically states that they are adapting their practices. And they are increasingly doing so.
    Conversely, Jewish practices are not changing at all. Again: 0% of kosher slaughters involve pre-stunning with no sign of change. This is despite your claims that Jewish people had assimilated cause they'd been here for centuries.

So how do your resolve this problem between your claims and your evidence?
    But if there is any, I condemn it equally.
    Ok. So what brands do you avoid because their are promoting kosher?
    Do you avoid buying Irish Pride? Glanbia?
    If not, why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is there any kosher slaughtering done at all in ireland? I don't know because Gemma hasn't tweeted about it

Fixed for you

Advertisement