Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

The Nal wrote: »
    lol

Why not though? Halal certified bread is very healthy.

Tap water is halal certified by the way.

So are potatoes.

Why not though? Because free choice. Freedom to choose.

This isn't communist Russia comrade.

How do you feel about Muslims avoiding pork products , vegans avoiding animal products etc etc. You probably don't mind but when someone doesn't want to buy halal it's a big issue.

You have some horn for Mohammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Ok here is my reason: because I don't choose to.
    Ok. But why go to the effort of avoiding halal certified food?
    Why do you choose to avoid halal certified food and not say kosher certified food?

King Mob wrote: »
    Ok. But why go to the effort of avoiding halal certified food?
    Why do you choose to avoid halal certified food and not say kosher certified food?

Il avoid both if I want. I could also avoid GMOs and products made with Palm oil if I choose. I could avoid meat altogether and take up veganism if I decided to.

There wouldn't be a problem with any of these in your eyes except for halal. It's racist not to choose to eat halal apparently.

Mind your own business

Il avoid both if I want. I could also avoid GMOs and products made with Palm oil if I choose. I could avoid meat altogether and take up veganism if I decided to.
    Ok. But why would you avoid halal certified food?
    Again this is a pretty simple question and I don't understand your reluctance to address it directly.

I can see legitimate/non-racist reasons for avoiding the other products aside from Halal and Kosher certified food.
    For those, I cannot see any reason to avoid them that is consistent and non racist.

Do you avoid eating kosher certified food? if so, could list some brands you avoid because of this?

Ok. But why would you avoid halal certified food?
    Again this is a pretty simple question and I don't understand your reluctance to address it directly.

I can see legitimate/non-racist reasons for avoiding the other products aside from Halal and Kosher certified food.
    For those, I cannot see any reason to avoid them that is consistent and non racist.

Do you avoid eating kosher certified food? if so, could list some brands you avoid because of this?

The bread for example is not a problem. There is no difference.
    Meat is different though to me. I'm not a Muslim dont don't feel the need or want to eat food that has been prepared by Halal methods. That's my choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Meat is different though to me. I'm not a Muslim dont don't feel the need or want to eat food that has been prepared by Halal methods. That's my choice.

Apart from someone saying a few words over the animal there is no difference in halal/non halal meat. The same with the auld catholic church crackers they serve at mass, nothing changes just cos a lad in a dress says a few words over it.

Apart from someone saying a few words over the animal there is no difference in halal/non halal meat. The same with the auld catholic church crackers they serve at mass, nothing changes just cos a lad in a dress says a few words overit.

Would you like to see my right to choose removed?

Would you like to see my right to choose removed?

Choose whatever you like, call your reasoning whatever you like. We all know the true reason so knock yourself out.

Hold up now, you're changing the subject.
    The subject has always been halal certified bread. That's what I'm refering to and doing so clearly and repeatedly.
    You said, in reference to halal certified bread:
    Ok here is my reason: because I don't choose to.

So are you now saying that you don't avoid halal certified bread contrary to your previous statements and to the topic of the conversation?
    Please be clear on this.

Choose whatever you like, call your reasoning whatever you like. We all know the true reason so knock yourself out.

I will. Thanks for your permission

• Advertisement

Hold up now, you're changing the subject.
    The subject has always been halal certified bread. That's what I'm refering to and doing so clearly and repeatedly.
    You said, in reference to halal certified bread:

So are you now saying that you don't avoid halal certified bread contrary to your previous statements and to the topic of the conversation?
    Please be clear on this.

The subject is halal products. There are countless posts on both the bread and the meat. Specifically the slaughter methods used.

Read back

Again I will avoid either, neither or both. That's my decision.

Edit: it was actually the other Gemma thread that was about meat. Iv mixed both up.
    For clarity:

Halal bread: if nothing is added or removed to suit halal certification I don't have an issue. I would like to see the Halal symbol on the packaging though.

Halal Meat: I'm not Muslim so don't require my food to be blessed or killed in a certain way so I will avoid

Bottom line. It's my choice so don't call me racist because you don't agree.

The subject is halal products. There are countless posts on both the bread and the meat. Specifically the slaughter methods used.

Read back

Again I will avoid either, neither or both. That's my decision.

I am acutely aware of the topic thanks. You however are being deliberately evasive on every question you are asked.

So once again:
    Do you avoid halal certified bread? Yes or no?

If you ignore the question or do not directly answer it, I will assume the answer is no, and you are simply wasting time.

I am acutely aware of the topic thanks. You however are being deliberately evasive on every question you are asked.

So once again:
    Do you avoid halal certified bread? Yes or no?

If you ignore the question or do not directly answer it, I will assume the answer is no, and you are simply wasting time.

I don't specifically avoid bread no. I may or may not choose to in future though

Do you avoid any products for any reason?

Halal bread: if nothing is added or removed to suit halal certification I don't have an issue. I would like to see the Halal symbol on the packaging though.
    Ok. (I'll avoid asking why it needs to be labeled, I doubt I'll a straight answer.)
    So for people who are avoiding halal certified bread. Can you think of any reasons for why they would want to avoid it that are either silly or racist?

Is so, please detail some.

Ok. (I'll avoid asking why it needs to be labeled, I doubt I'll a straight answer.)
    So for people who are avoiding halal certified bread. Can you think of any reasons for why they would want to avoid it that are either silly or racist?

Is so, please detail some.

Because they have freedom of choice without being labelled by the like of you.
    Are you in favour of having a halal symbol so Muslims know they are permitted to eat it?

Because they have freedom of choice without being labelled by the like of you.
    But that's not an answer I'm afraid, please try again.

What reason would someone have for avoiding halal certified bread?

Just "I woke up one day and decided not to out of the blue for no other reason" is not realistic.

Again, it's a very simple question, yet you've been doing your very best to avoid answering it.

If you can't think of a reason, please just say so.
    It's really not difficult or anything.:confused:

But that's not an answer I'm afraid, please try again.

What reason would someone have for avoiding halal certified bread?

Just "I woke up one day and decided not to out of the blue for no other reason" is not realistic.

Again, it's a very simple question, yet you've been doing your very best to avoid answering it.

If you can't think of a reason, please just say so.
    It's really not difficult or anything.:confused:

Bread? Il stick with the freedom of choice or personal beliefs/opinions answer thanks

Halal certified labels on food are comon in many other countries. It helps Muslims know which foods they can and can't be eaten. Id like to see it rolled out here.

Do you think it will happen?

Bread? Il stick with the freedom of choice or personal beliefs/opinions answer thanks
    Again you are avoiding a very simple direct question. The only explanation for this is that you are deliberately avoiding because you can't answer it.

There is no reason to avoid halal certified bread beyond simple racist.

Again you are avoiding a very simple direct question. The only explanation for this is that you are deliberately avoiding because you can't answer it.

There is no reason to avoid halal certified bread beyond simple racist.

Iv given my answer pal.

Ironic that you won't answer my question about having a Halal symbol on certified food products

Iv given my answer pal.
    Your answer being that a person might just wake up one day and for no reason at all randomly decide to never eat halal certified food?

Sorry, that's a very silly answer and I don't think it's very realistic.

So there are no reasons as I've said.
    Ironic that you won't answer my question about having a Halal symbol on certified food products
    No, I'm not going to answer an off topic question of no relevance when I've been unable to get a straight answer to my question for these dozen odd pages.

• Advertisement

Your answer being that a person might just wake up one day and for no reason at all randomly decide to never eat halal certified food?

Sorry, that's a very silly answer and I don't think it's very realistic.

So there are no reasons as I've said.

No, I'm not going to answer an off topic question of no relevance when I've been unable to get a straight answer to my question for these dozen odd pages.

You have your answer. You don't have to accept it. I don't really care.

Halal and kosher symbols are placed on food labels in Australia. Would you like to see the same here?

Surely it benifits our Muslim and Jewish friends. They know what they are permitted to purchase and eat

How is it off topic. We have been going back and forth about halal food haven't we.

You have your answer. You don't have to accept it. I don't really care.
    It's a very silly answer that isn't a likely one. In fact i think it's just one you pulled out of the air because you couldn't provide an actual reason.

So my point remains: there is no valid reason to avoid halal bread.
    Anyone who is doing so is mostly likely doing so for racist reasons unless they can provide one that is not racist.
    So far, none of the moaners here have done so.

Still open to hearing one, but not holding my breath.
    Halal and kosher symbols are placed on food labels in Australia. Would you like to see the same here?
    I don't really care.

If i said i dont eat Brussel sprouts, pork or any other item.and you asked me why then i would explain. When you are asked your answer is .... just because.

Are you afraid to give your real reason?
    Halal certified labels on food are comon in many other countries. It helps Muslims know which foods they can and can't be eaten. Id like to see it rolled out here.

Do you think it will happen?

Muslims already know because they can quicky search a product, as can you if you have concerns.

Why would you like to see it rolled out in ireland? So Muslims can shop easier?

If i said i dont eat Brussel sprouts, pork or any other item.and you asked me why then i would explain. When you are asked your answer is .... just because.

Well it can't possibly be racism. So red et al must have just suddenly had random inspiration to just avoid brennan's bread for no logical reason at all.
    Gemma was just warning people in case of their random flashes of oddly specific mania.

Muslims already know because they can quicky search a product, as can you if you have concerns.

Why would you like to see it rolled out in ireland? So Muslims can shop easier?

Back in your box.

Do they label the food in supermarkets in the UK?

I don't really care.

That's the spirit.

Beannaigh Dia thú

That's the spirit.

Beannaigh Dia thú
    See how easy it is to answer questions directly instead of dodging them.

See how easy it is to answer questions directly instead of dodging them.

I gave you the same answer over and over. Personal choice.

I gave you the same answer over and over. Personal choice.
    Yes, but that doesn't explain the why though.
    You keep dodging that cause you can't answer it.

"Why do you avoid halal certified."
    "just cause I can and picked it at random"

Do you really think that's why some people are avoiding it?

• Advertisement

Yes, but that doesn't explain the why though.
    You keep dodging that cause you can't answer it.

"Why do you avoid halal certified."
    "just cause I can and picked it at random"

Do you really think that's why some people are avoiding it?

Some people yes. Others like Jewish or Catholic people might avoid it because they are a different religion and don't want to support Islam or accommodate companies that do. Then there are some who are just big fat racists. People can have all sorts of reasons and opinions. That's life

But we don't have any symbols or logos on our food products so people don't know what is or isn't halal certified.

Do you think we should have symbols or logos on food products?

Advertisement