Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

recedite wrote: »
    As I recall, I said to you that Kelloggs were using "marketing speak" to cover their retreat and the U-turn.
    But you are again missing the point and deflecting.
    You specifically said they didnt deny it.
    Your articles directly said they denied it and quote them denying it in clear terns.
    Thats the point you keep dodging.

You also once again have editted out the other question, leaving it unaddressed.

Also its weird that you included the sentance directly after the relevant quote, bit somehow missed the sentance directly preceding it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

King Mob wrote: »
    And to be clear, this includes ideas such as chemtrails fake shootings and the other such conspiracy theories share on this thread by Gemma's defenders?

I don't have any opinion the things you mention. I agree with Gemma's views on immigration, Islam, free speech and political correctness just because I have no opinion on one thing she says doesn't mean I can't agree with another there plenty of people who I agree with some of their opinions but not others it's perfectly normal.

What you are basically saying is because Gemma talks about "conspiracy theories" no should agree with any of her viewpoints.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I don't have any opinion the things you mention. I agree with Gemma's views on immigration, Islam, free speech and political correctness just because I have no opinion on one thing she says doesn't mean I can't agree with another there plenty of people who I agree with some of their opinions but not others it's perfectly normal.

What you are basically saying is because Gemma talks about "conspiracy theories" no should agree with any of her viewpoints.
    But why would her other opinions be worth considering?
    The fact that she very silly stuff like chemtrails or fake shootings call her positions into question.
    Either she genuinely believes that nonsense and therefore clearly lacks critical thinking skills.
    Or she doesnt genuinely believe it and therefore is will promote nonsense to appeal to a certain audience.

Both scenarios beg the question of whether she's doing the same with the parts of her position you like...
    To most rational people it looks exactly the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

But you are again missing the point and deflecting.You specifically said they didnt deny it.
    I said it was only marketing speak. Take that whatever way you like.
    You also once again have editted out the other question, leaving it unaddressed.
    You're stretching my memory now, but as I recall you were originally trying to claim that all halal slaughtering in Ireland was pre-stunned.

Then I produced stats from the EU to say a large amount of slaughtering in Ireland availed of the exemption from regular animal welfare laws which is available to those practicing religious ritual slaughter.

Then you thought that might be Kosher meat, and cited some stats from the UK to say there is a lot of Kosher slaughter going on over there.
    And I pointed out that since our meat exports are nearly all going to places like Egypt, Turkey, Libya, Saudi, and UAE it is unlikely to be Kosher.
    Unless those Saudi Jews are eating an awful lot of meat.

But as neither of us has the exact breakdown of stats between Kosher and Halal ritual slaughter in Ireland, there is nothing more to say on the matter.

I said it was only marketing speak. Take that whatever way you like.
    No.
    You very specifically said that they didn't deny it:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110615278&postcount=485
    Of course they don't mention it, they don't want any more adverse publicity. Keeping quiet about a mistake is just good business practice. That is not the same as denying it.
    Do you not understand what the word "contradict" means? Its an active denial of something.
    When the article you selectively quote specifically says they denied it.
    Again this was the sentance immediatly preceding the text you quoted in your previous post but left out for some reason.
    You're stretching my memory now, but as I recall you were originally trying to claim that all halal slaughtering in Ireland was pre-stunned.
    But thats noy the point I'm bringing up.
    You are once again avoiding a point you cant address.
    It also dorsnt really explain why you ignored it last post either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Interested to see what happens here. Ireland's News Chronicle on Facebook. They're far from left wing too.

Ireland's News Chronicle
    11 hrs ·
    GEMMA O' DOHERTY IS A FAKE. This page will explain why this is the case during this week. Gemma O' Doherty is playing into the hands of the far left by publicly behaving like a conspiracy theorist. This page was taken in by her temporarily. But we apologise to our readers. We were duped by her. Ireland's News Chronicle will expose Gemma O' Doherty as a false prophet as and from tomorrow. We will have all the evidence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

The Nal wrote: »
    Interested to see what happens here. Ireland's News Chronicle on Facebook. They're far from left wing too.

Ireland's News Chronicle
    11 hrs ·
    GEMMA O' DOHERTY IS A FAKE. This page will explain why this is the case during this week. Gemma O' Doherty is playing into the hands of the far left by publicly behaving like a conspiracy theorist. This page was taken in by her temporarily. But we apologise to our readers. We were duped by her. Ireland's News Chronicle will expose Gemma O' Doherty as a false prophet as and from tomorrow. We will have all the evidence

That’s a turn up for the books

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'll get the popcorn ready.

Certainly the "We will have all the evidence" quote quickly followed by a legal threat from Gems is interesting.

Certainly the "We will have all the evidence" quote quickly followed by a legal threat from Gems is interesting.

‘We’ve been infiltrated by the left. They’re being funded by Soros. And google. I’m getting my lawyers to instruct them to take down their slanderous lies Immediately’

Or words to that effect.

• Advertisement

‘We’ve been infiltrated by the left. They’re being funded by Soros. And google. I’m getting my lawyers to instruct them to take down their slanderous lies Immediately’

Or words to that effect.

Gemma O'Doherty
    Publish your evidence that I am a fake. My lawyers would love to see it. I suspected this was a false flag page for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Sheeeeeet she's one crazy mofo :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Gemma O'Doherty
    Publish your evidence that I am a fake. My lawyers would love to see it. I suspected this was a false flag page for a while.

Hahaha!!

I wasn’t far off.

She’s such a fvckin wagon it’s gas if it wasn’t so obvious she needs serious help or intervention from her family.

Screwball scramble in that little crazy mind of hers

Hahaha!!

I wasn’t far off.

She’s such a fvckin wagon it’s gas if it wasn’t so obvious she needs serious help or intervention from her family.

Screwball scramble in that little crazy mind of hers

She actually has people believing that she can take on Google.

She actually has people chanting "Google out, Gemma in" in public. They're asking for Google to be shut down and also to reinstate Gemmas channel at the same time. Would be like closing down a McDonalds and then trying to order a Big Mac. Its astonishing.

Just had a quick look through the comments on that Facebook page. Good grief some people are thickos.

I always thought there could be something amazing here.

Imagine....

IMAGINE!

That she had actually gone undercover as an investigative journalist to shed light on the right wing, racist, hate-filled, xenophobic crowd. And to prove how easily large amounts of people could be swayed, it was always her plan to put herself front and center of this operation. Giving up everything for the story.

And now it's been discovered, but she's not ready to be outed just yet.

If it wasn't true, it would be a pretty good film :D

I always thought there could be something amazing here.

Imagine....

IMAGINE!

That she had actually gone undercover as an investigative journalist to shed light on the right wing, racist, hate-filled, xenophobic crowd. And to prove how easily large amounts of people could be swayed, it was always her plan to put herself front and center of this operation. Giving up everything for the story.

And now it's been discovered, but she's not ready to be outed just yet.

If it wasn't true, it would be a pretty good film :D

Oh wow.
    You might be onto something.
    Make it a Netflix documentary series.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is actually how she tries spin this at some stage.
    Her utterly bonkers overnight turn to the dark side (haha. Dark) is really suspicious.

I’d actually love if it was a huge plan to infiltrate the loons and expose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

The wheels are falling off the ACI bandwagon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyvYJh-dLc8

This appears to be a video made by someone who ran for election under the ACI banner, but it looks like she's thrown him under the bus.

And to prove how easily large amounts of people could be swayed, it was always her plan to put

"large amounts of people"

Taken 5 minutes ago. 3 people? Maybe 4?

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1155838284263776256

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Why not sunday are they chilling?
    Is Craig David in the band?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is she so thick that she does not realise that by being allowed to preach her ****e on the footpath outside Google that she is actually being afforded that very right?

That her protest is about trying to compel a private organisation to give her platform, not free speech.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Is she so thick that she does not realise that by being allowed to preach her ****e on the footpath outside Google that she is actually being afforded that very right?

No she knows, the 4 lost souls there at the moment don't.
    That her protest is about trying to compel a private organisation to give her platform, not free speech.

Again, she knows that......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

That's too logical for her to comprehend. The sheer thought of her trying to do that would make her head explode.
    Even better is her cronies (or some may believe to be Gemma herself on fake profiles) on Twitter, even started to mention Russia being in on the act....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Fight to save Ireland! Equating her pet issue with the entire country, at least the whole thing hasn't gone to her head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Apparently she now thinks Rowan Croft is also a traitor. I wasn't very happy when she turned against Ben Gilroy and Glen Miller but I gave her the benefit of the doubt but I don't know why she did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Apparently she now thinks Rowan Croft is also a traitor. I wasn't very happy when she turned against Ben Gilroy and Glen Miller but I gave her the benefit of the doubt but I don't know why she did that.

When did she fall out with Tan Torino? She was licking his boots only last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Maybe she tasted soy while doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,952 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

She didn't fall for that false flag cover story about Glen and the plane crash like all the other suckers did.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Nah shes still promoting Rowan Croft

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

She didn't fall for that false flag cover story about Glen and the plane crash like all the other suckers did.

You could say she wasn't in the mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

I’d actually love if it was a huge plan to infiltrate the loons and expose them.

Squee. Line of Duty series <n>, where <n>="we totally ran out of every way to milk the few loose ends we have after all the other series".

Mind you, the Gemmarians really did float up the Laggan -- other rivers are also available! -- on a bubble. The wee gobsheits.

Advertisement