Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

The Nal wrote: »
    She actually has people chanting "Google out, Gemma in" in public. They're asking for Google to be shut down and also to reinstate Gemmas channel at the same time.
    I suppose you could reconcile the two via what the farmers like to call "a package". i.e. it's an outrage the government is meddling in our beeswax in any way whatsoever, but in unrelated news, other people need to pay a whole lot more tax to fund whatever our currently ground axe is.
    Would be like closing down a McDonalds and then trying to order a Big Mac. Its astonishing.

"To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself—that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word -- doublethink -- involved the use of doublethink.

The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them… To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies—all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Want to bring Ireland back to when we led the world in Arts and technology....
    Cos living in the 8th century was a great craic altogether like! :pac:

And throwing in the little bit about Handel's Messiah debut....
    It's a history factoid kids learn by 2nd class, not a sign that Ireland's artistic output has declined.
    Although given that Handel was a German, Dublin was the 2nd city of the British empire at the time and his work was patronised by Hiberno English landlords, I don't know what the fúck Handel had to do with 'Irishness" in the 1st place...

That really is a snapshot of a very cringe stereotype many in Ireland would take issue with.
    It is like been been expected to say top o the morning or go leprechaun hunting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,753 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Please summarize what nonsense I just scrubbed through at my cubicle

Overheal wrote: »
    Please summarize what nonsense I just scrubbed through at my cubicle

Some sort of reborn Christian druid riding around playing tunes in front of 6 or 7 people, including Gemma, whooping and cheering him on in the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Druid eh. To quote Spinal Tap, nobody knows who they were, or wot they were doing.

But their legacy remains

Gems had Go on home British Soldiers blaring from the PA today

https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.mortell/videos/2499766250103763/?fref=ufi&rc=p

Im not sure what these people think they're protesting about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Druid or Christian, the guy is very good with the bodhrán all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Save Rural Ireland ??

Social media belongs to the people ??

What about Gemma ? Has she been forgotten all this ???

• Advertisement

it's still up. It's on Gemma's page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Rumour has it that when it started to lash rain yesterday, Gemma and her 4 mates asked Google to shelter them and when they refused she threw the head altogether. Then the clampers showed up and went to clamp her car as she hadn't bought a ticket in all the time shes been protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,952 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Gerry G wrote: »
    Rumour has it that when it started to lash rain yesterday, Gemma and her 4 mates asked Google to shelter them and when they refused she threw the head altogether. Then the clampers showed up and went to clamp her car as she hadn't bought a ticket in all the time shes been protesting.

Is there a particular reg number that we should be reporting?

https://dsps.ie/report-an-obstruction

Is there a particular reg number that we should be reporting?

https://dsps.ie/report-an-obstruction

I'd say a general report would cover it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Jesus I was like John Waters is looking well!
    Embarrassing "crowd" for Gemma

Has Justin Barrett's Twitter page been suspended?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Gerry G wrote: »
    Has Justin Barrett's Twitter page been suspended?
    Sadly still viewable for me.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Gemma and actual unicorn farmer and hate monger Arlene foster
    Fine company they each keep eh?

https://twitter.com/permanentrevolt/status/1155507299663994881?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

gmisk wrote: »
    Jesus I was like John Waters is looking well!
    Embarrassing "crowd" for Gemma

Her assumption that anyone in a suit is "management" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

But their legacy remains

Gems had Go on home British Soldiers blaring from the PA today

https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.mortell/videos/2499766250103763/?fref=ufi&rc=p

Im not sure what these people think they're protesting about

"are you good with phones?" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Gemma and actual unicorn farmer and hate monger Arlene foster
    Fine company they each keep eh?

https://twitter.com/permanentrevolt/status/1155507299663994881?s=21

One is mad the other is Gemma O’Doherty lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Highlight of that was "the americans believe in free speech...but these b#ggers dont...."

Google that well known irish company

Go home british soldiers blarring....then they talk to same lad with a Liverpool?! accent lol

"Also google are going to lose control of the internet".
    Quickly lads...someone take the internet of these guys! Pull the plug

Its gotten so stupid now people don't even care. In a couple of weeks its gone from her being angry and shouting through the door for her channel to be reinstated, to a few loons playing Ra songs while a guy dressed as a wizard with no shoes dances about on a horse cart.

it's still up. It's on Gemma's page.

I must be blocked as I get a page not available notice..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I pulled up in my car at 5 today and blasted out YMCA with all windows down
    The Google staff loved it but a few of her goons were not impressed
    Her fat goon took a photo of my reg

knipex wrote: »
    I must be blocked as I get a page not available notice..

If you ever 'trolled' on her page you might be

Kinda surprised she didnt twitter ban me the other week for taking the mick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭circadian

If you ever 'trolled' on her page you might be

Kinda surprised she didnt twitter ban me the other week for taking the mick

I'm on my 6th or 7th twitter account because of her bans. Now I'm just sending her pseudo crazy stuff to try and get retweets and a rise from her.

circadian wrote: »
    I'm on my 6th or 7th twitter account because of her bans. Now I'm just sending her pseudo crazy stuff to try and get retweets and a rise from her.

I've done the same but I'm fed up with it at this stage, it's not worth the hassle. She is one messed up lady

I've now been blocked on Facebook as well as multiple times on twitter. There is going to be a big anti Gemma protest at Google Unicorner today. Should be massive craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Pics of [snip] in the nip doing the rounds..

Ill never unsee them. Horrible.

Advertisement