Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Balagan1 wrote: »
    I'd be grateful if someone could post a link to Gemma O'Doherty in a debate or a reasoned conversation. With anyone and on any subject. Thanks.

She won an award from Glaxo Smithkline once for her journalism. Now they are evil Big Pharma.

A reasoned conversation though? That would be difficult with Gemma.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭circadian

Never mind reasoned, a coherent exchange of niceties would be a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

circadian wrote: »

A coherent exchange of anything would be good, never mind niceties. I'm not sure that Gemma has ever uttered a nicety in all her born days.

circadian wrote: »

A coherent exchange of anything would be good, never mind niceties. I'm not sure that Gemma has ever uttered a nicety in all her born days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I've never seen her debate anything in a reasoned manner. It's because everyone else is wrong and she is right.
    I've never seen her debate. She's never gone on any TV or radio show where she will get called out on her BS. Far easier to do the long, rambling vlogs to her gullible followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,756 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That’s exactly what she wants but ayyy

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Battery Power

She has had everything her own way since her ridiculous 'protest' began- it's about time she was taken out of her comfort zone.

I didn't realise there were so many YouTube channels dedicated to rampant nationalism and miscellaneous bigotry on YouTube. I knew it existed, but not to such a great extent. Many of her sheep-like followers seem to be White Nationalists (WN) who worship Drumpf- like she does, at least ostensibly.

I saw the video yesterday which advertised the counter-protest- it didn't stay on YouTube for long- it was gone within a couple of hours.

I find it fishy how Google are only too pleased to host countless 'protest videos' in her name, and host all of those WN channels which are lionising her at the moment. If Google took down the counter-protest video, then that's even more suspicious. There was a video put on yesterday: 'This Irish Woman Vs Google- Gemma O'Doherty' and Google have 'boosted' its standing in the search results (when searching for videos featuring her)- it has now had about 8,000 views thanks to it being put on the top of the search results!

Could it be that she's in effect a 'double agent', as it were? The Pied Piper leading those saps to their eventual 'demise'? She has no trouble soliciting publicity, she's been on a billion* shows/featured in such videos over the past few weeks, it's bizarre. She has connections to Info Wars, Ian Crane etc. She's an ex-mainstream 'journalist'- I smell a rat.

Either she's completely bonkers, or she's a very good actress. She's 'anti-British' yet she was married to an Englishman (I think he was about 21(!) years her senior).

I think she's full of it! I hope the counter-protest goes well, she's too used to running the show, having everything go her own way.

"I'm being ABUSED!"; "I'm the VICTIM!"; "I consider anyone questioning my narrative to be a paedophile shape-shifter- working for the Clintons!" Perhaps Google won't be happy until there is rioting on the streets of Dublin! They should be held accountable for all of the far-right nonsense on YouTube, and what that could well lead to if not 'nipped in the bud'.

She has had everything her own way since her ridiculous 'protest' began- it's about time she was taken out of her comfort zone.

I didn't realise there were so many YouTube channels dedicated to rampant nationalism and miscellaneous bigotry on YouTube. I knew it existed, but not to such a great extent. Many of her sheep-like followers seem to be White Nationalists (WN) who worship Drumpf- like she does, at least ostensibly.

I saw the video yesterday which advertised the counter-protest- it didn't stay on YouTube for long- it was gone within a couple of hours.

I find it fishy how Google are only too pleased to host countless 'protest videos' in her name, and host all of those WN channels which are lionising her at the moment. If Google took down the counter-protest video, then that's even more suspicious. There was a video put on yesterday: 'This Irish Woman Vs Google- Gemma O'Doherty' and Google have 'boosted' its standing in the search results (when searching for videos featuring her)- it has now had about 8,000 views thanks to it being put on the top of the search results!

Could it be that she's in effect a 'double agent', as it were? The Pied Piper leading those saps to their eventual 'demise'? She has no trouble soliciting publicity, she's been on a billion* shows/featured in such videos over the past few weeks, it's bizarre. She has connections to Info Wars, Ian Crane etc. She's an ex-mainstream 'journalist'- I smell a rat.

Either she's completely bonkers, or she's a very good actress. She's 'anti-British' yet she was married to an Englishman (I think he was about 21(!) years her senior).

I think she's full of it! I hope the counter-protest goes well, she's too used to running the show, having everything go her own way.

"I'm being ABUSED!"; "I'm the VICTIM!"; "I consider anyone questioning my narrative to be a paedophile shape-shifter- working for the Clintons!" Perhaps Google won't be happy until there is rioting on the streets of Dublin! They should be held accountable for all of the far-right nonsense on YouTube, and what that could well lead to if not 'nipped in the bud'.

Yep

This is a problem. There is often talk about Islamic radicalisation but the media rarely looks at far right white supremacist radicalisation and google and YouTube roles in that.

There has been some analysis of it

https://www.dublininquirer.com/2019/01/30/niamh-irish-right-wing-youtubers-seem-to-be-following-an-alt-right-playbook

https://soundmigration.wordpress.com/2019/06/14/facebook-zuckerberg-far-right-mobilisation-in-ireland/

https://medium.com/@irexitparody/british-far-right-extremism-manipulating-ireland-1e863cea0267

There has also been a little bit of msinstream media coverage but very little. I don't blame mainstream media too much though. They obviously recognise that covering this kind of stuff gives these people platforms to amplify their messages which are based in far right white christian supremacism.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Could it be that she's in effect a 'double agent', as it were? The Pied Piper leading those saps to their eventual 'demise'?
    Well, this is the CT forum I suppose ;)
    Really? I never noticed. Have you any eveidence for that, or is it just that you assume Irish nationalism must always be anti-British?
    Like Sinn Fein, whose policy for Ireland is Brits out, the rest of the world in.

• Advertisement

She has pulled out of her protest tomorrow for fear of being overrun by the counter protest. She has effectively given up and run away. Thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Gerry G wrote: »
    She has pulled out of her protest tomorrow for fear of being overrun by the counter protest. She has effectively given up and run away. Thankfully

I don't think you can blame her given the way the counter protest will probably be attended by the same thugs that counter protested Pegida a couple of years ago. So far the far left have been the only group to actually resort to physical violence look at the way Leah Doherty attacked Rowan Croft with curry powder and how Andy Ngo was attacked and nearly blinded with cement by Antifa.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I don't think you can blame her her given the way the counter protest will probably be attended by the same thugs that counter protested Pegida a couple of years ago. So far the far left have been the only group to actually resort to physical violence look at the way Leah Doherty attacked Rowan Croft with curry powder and how Andy Ngo was attacked and nearly blinded with cement by Antifa.

Yeah, that sounds like a Gemma excuse alright. When in truth, shes just terrified to be confronted about literally anything because she has absolutely no answer to, well, anything really. She has shown herself as the coward we know her to be. Shame for all her bewildered followers

I don't think you can blame her her given the way the counter protest will probably be attended by the same thugs that counter protested Pegida a couple of years ago. So far the far left have been the only group to actually resort to physical violence look at the way Leah Doherty attacked Rowan Croft with curry powder and how Andy Ngo was attacked and nearly blinded with cement by Antifa.

Nah.....

You can't really try to brush away Anders Behring Breivik, Jo Cox, Christchurch, El Paso the dozens of recent White Supremacist USA murders. The racist ideology supported by Gemma is hateful, violent and murderous.

Terry Pratchet

... look at the way Leah Doherty attacked Rowan Croft with curry powder and how Andy Ngo was attacked and nearly blinded with cement by Antifa.
    ...and Peter O'Loughlin assaulted on the Luas by "counter protesters" armed with iron bars...
    The chairman of Identity Ireland who was hospitalised after being hit in the head with a blunt object while travelling on the Luas has condemned the main Government parties for failing to be unequivocal in their disdain for the attack.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/identity-ireland-disappointed-with-political-response-to-attack-1.2528311

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

recedite wrote: »
    ...and Peter O'Loughlin assaulted on the Luas by "counter protesters" armed with iron bars...
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/identity-ireland-disappointed-with-political-response-to-attack-1.2528311
    Hard to feel sorry for him when one of the biggest mass shootings recently was due to the shooter believing in the same sort of paranoid conspiracy theory folk like him, Gemma and you promote.

I don't think you can blame her given the way the counter protest will probably be attended by the same thugs that counter protested Pegida a couple of years ago. So far the far left have been the only group to actually resort to physical violence look at the way Leah Doherty attacked Rowan Croft with curry powder and how Andy Ngo was attacked and nearly blinded with cement by Antifa.
    The only group to resort to actual physical violence? Are you for real?

Would you like a list of the physically violent hate crimes that have been directed against Gemma's targets in recent years - people of different religions, different races, different sexual orientation etc?

And btw, Croft was milk-shaked. 'Attacked with curry powder' bwaahaahaa.

King Mob wrote: »
    mass shootings
    Whataboutery, from the other side of the world.
    You might as well talk about ISIS, or Pol Pot.

But you only bring up these poor poor racists with their boo boos because of Whataboutery, no?

But not sure why it's whataboutery anyway.
    Just explaining how it's hard to have sympathy for people who promote dangerous silly conspiracy theories for profit, attention or because it lines up with their racism.

Wasn't it Gemma that brought the NZ shooting into play, with her ridiculous and highly offensive 'false flag' claim?

• Advertisement

Its not whataboutery at all. Gemma and a lot of people on here are promoting the ideology that all these far right extreme white christian supremacists have been motivated by.

Terry Pratchet

The only group to resort to actual physical violence? Are you for real?

Would you like a list of the physically violent hate crimes that have been directed against Gemma's targets in recent years - people of different religions, different races, different sexual orientation etc?

And btw, Croft was milk-shaked. 'Attacked with curry powder' bwaahaahaa.

Yes but all of what you mention was carried out by individuals nothing to do with any political organisation.

Regardless of how minor it was it is still assault that caused bodily harm.

Yes but all of what you mention was carried out by individuals nothing to do with any political organisation.

So just to be clear: the mass shooter who believes in the conspiracy theories promoted by right wing types like Gemma et al doesn't count as he was acting alone.
    But people throwing milkshakes etc do count because... they get their order straight from Antifa central command? From George Soros via telepathy?

But you only bring up these poor poor racists with their boo boos because of Whataboutery, no?

But not sure why it's whataboutery anyway.
    Just explaining how it's hard to have sympathy for people who promote dangerous silly conspiracy theories for profit, attention or because it lines up with their racism.

Do you know what is even more dangerous? The open borders ideology which you promote. This ideology has caused terror attacks, the rape of young girls and other crime problems. Look at Rotherham, look at Paris, look at Cologne, look at Huddersfield and look at Malmo.

All places far nearer to home than the USA or NZ open borders policies pose a far bigger threat than Gemma's supporters.

Do you know what is even more dangerous? The open borders ideology which you promote. This ideology has caused terror attacks, the rape of young girls and other crime problems. Look at Rotherham, look at Paris, look at Cologne, look at Huddersfield and look at Malmo.

All places far nearer to home than the USA or NZ open borders policies pose a far bigger threat than Gemma's supporters.
    Mm hmm.
    Racist propaganda.

How is what you are claiming any different to the beliefs exposed by a mass shooter?

So just to be clear: the mass shooter who believes in the conspiracy theories promoted by right wing types like Gemma et al doesn't count as he was acting alone.
    But people throwing milkshakes etc do count because... they get their order straight from Antifa central command? From George Soros via telepathy?

The milkshake attacks were blantly supported by the vast majority of the unicorn brigade or whatever they like to call themselves which includes the likes of Leah Doherty, Izzy Kamikaze, Fiona O'Leary etc.

I haven't heard any support for crime coming from Gemma or her supporters. Yes I'm not denying the conspiracy theories but there isn't support for them from her or her supporters.

The milkshake attacks were blantly supported by the vast majority of the unicorn brigade or whatever they like to call themselves which includes the likes of Leah Doherty, Izzy Kamikaze, Fiona O'Leary etc.
    I haven't heard any support for crime coming from Gemma or her supporters. Yes I'm not denying the conspiracy theories but there isn't support for them from her or her supporters.
    But they promote the same conspiracy, just switch out Muslims with Hispanic people.
    You just repeated the same kind of racist conspiracy theory a few posts above.

Individuals with a huge common ideology that people like you support and espouse

Terry Pratchet

Your racist ideology that you promote caused Utoya, Christchurch and El Paso

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Gemma and her supporters support numerous conspiracy theories; The great replacement plan, the Kalergi Plan, Unicorns promoting paedophilia etc etc

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement