Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven't Heard Back About Online Loan Application

Options
  • 20-05-2019 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Late last Monday night/early Tuesday morning, I submitted an online student loan application for €500. I've previously had a much larger loan application be accepted, so I'm not worried about the application being denied. My issue is that I haven't heard anything about it. A good few hours after the application, I received two texts at the same time thanking me for application, one said that something needed to be clarified so someone would be in touch, and the other pretty much just said thank you, we'll get back to you soon. The way the messages came through made it seem like one or both was sent in error. I had no other communications by Saturday, so I thought that I may have made a mistake and the application hadn't actually gone through, so I reapplied, and got a 'thank you, we'll be in touch soon' message within half an hour. Everything that I read said that I would get a response within 24 hours, but it has been almost a week since the first application, and almost at 24 for the second. I'm not sure about the original application, but the second definitely went through properly, and I would have expected to have heard something by now. I did find numbers to ring, but I am currently not in the country and have been having issues with making calls, so I can't call or go into a branch to find out what's going on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Alierris,

Congratulations on your first Boards post, thank you for taking the time to reach out.

Our loan applications are assessed on a case by case basis and because of this timeframes do vary. If our Lending Teams have further queries about your application they will contact you by phone.

Please be assured that once a decision is reached you will be contacted. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders in case you have received any email updates.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alierris

As of today, I have not heard about whether or not the loan was accepted or declined. The original application that I wasn't sure went through properly was made on the 14th, and the second one which definitely went through was made on the 17th. On the 21st, I did receive a text that said "Thank you for your patience. We are working on your application and will be back to you shortly with a decision within 2 working days", but I haven't heard anything since. If you can't tell me specifics about the application, would it be possible to at least find out if there are widespread delays? I want to try and narrow down the problem because a few years ago I had applied in person for a much larger loan (which is now completely paid off). I had significant delays for that loan and eventually found out that the person handling the application had forgotten about it and had ended up losing all the paperwork, so I had to redo the application. Given the delays/lack of into this time, I am worried that something similar might have happened. I do appreciate that there could be widespread delays that nobody can do anything about, but at this point, I just want to know what's going on. If you cannot for whatever reason give me any of that sort of information, would it be possible to get an email or something for the loan applications team, as I still cannot make any calls?

Thank you for whatever you can actually tell me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi Alierris,

Thanks for coming back to us. All Applications are assessed on a case by case basis with a number of factors taken into consideration. For this reason timeframes can vary. If you would like an update on the application we would recommend that you call our lending team on 0818 200 334 and one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks jen

Thanks for getting back to me, but as I previously mentioned twice, I cannot make calls at the moment (although I can definitely recurve them). I also cannot go into a physical branch as I am not in the country at the moment. At this point I'm not asking for specifics about the loan, I'm just asking for a yes or no on if there are widespread delays for online loan applications at the moment so that I'm not completely in the dark about what's going on. It took a week to get the "We'll get back to you within 2 days" message, and it's been a full two weeks since then. In my experience, delays like this only happen when the application has been completely forgotten about and isn't going anywhere. Is there literally no way for me to get in contact with the loans team online? I appreciate that security is a part of it, but this would be a major issue if there was a significant reason for someone not being able to call and talk on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Alierris wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me, but as I previously mentioned twice, I cannot make calls at the moment (although I can definitely recurve them). I also cannot go into a physical branch as I am not in the country at the moment. At this point I'm not asking for specifics about the loan, I'm just asking for a yes or no on if there are widespread delays for online loan applications at the moment so that I'm not completely in the dark about what's going on. It took a week to get the "We'll get back to you within 2 days" message, and it's been a full two weeks since then. In my experience, delays like this only happen when the application has been completely forgotten about and isn't going anywhere. Is there literally no way for me to get in contact with the loans team online? I appreciate that security is a part of it, but this would be a major issue if there was a significant reason for someone not being able to call and talk on the phone

Hi Allierris,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you send us a PM by clicking on the link here. Please include Full name, D.O.B., Bank of Ireland holding branch and your mobile contact number.

Please let us know on this thread when you have sent this PM and we will try to organise a call back for you.

Many Thanks

John

• Advertisement

I sent the PM, with the subject line "Requested Info From Loan Thread".

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Alierris wrote: »
    I sent the PM, with the subject line "Requested Info From Loan Thread".

Thank you

Thank You.

We have responded to your PM now.

Many Thanks

John

Advertisement